Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Setting:
RC loaded as VST 3 in instrument Cubase.

Bug:
Using RC over a longer period of >20mins in DAW occasionally crashes the whole session.
Cubase Pro 12 without DAW runs stable in comparison.

Question:
Any proper fix to stabilize RC possible?
This is problem which is very prohibitive for RC use for my setting.

Environment:
Mac OS Monterey, Mac mini, M1, RC v4.3.3, Cubase 12Pro

My impression is, that the responsiveness to RC bug report (and if it just a short response) declined somewhat compared to the past.
Having bugs which are prohibitive for reasonable stable use, I just wonder whether I can hope for solutions soon, as I would for an actively maintained product ?

4.3.2, OS X. horizontal scroll on main timeline works.... in stange way using touchpad. Only movement to up scrolls to the left. All another directions (down, left or right) scrolls to the right.

P.S.
It's funny why vesion is 4.3.2. I just downloaded it from site and installed. 🤔

Can you locate the crash report? It would be easy to fix this based on the info in the crash report.
In the Console app you can look up crash reports.

Thanks,
Attila
Cliffscherer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:32 am Setting:
RC loaded as VST 3 in instrument Cubase.

Bug:
Using RC over a longer period of >20mins in DAW occasionally crashes the whole session.
Cubase Pro 12 without DAW runs stable in comparison.

Question:
Any proper fix to stabilize RC possible?
This is problem which is very prohibitive for RC use for my setting.

Environment:
Mac OS Monterey, Mac mini, M1, RC v4.3.3, Cubase 12Pro
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I am very disappointed.

RC has a relatively high price. The software is very instable. Its feature set is huge but I cannot use software which constantly interrupt me in creative flow due to crashes.

The fact that users are now asked to spend time in bug fixing is not acceptable. According to the forum this seems the usual accepted pattern.

I will no longer use RC and cannot recommend it.
Bye

Clicking on the Paint Palette in the Standalone (Mac, Sierra) results in a crash of RapidComposer each time.

Works fine in my DAW and I realized how much I wish it would also work in the Standalone.
Somewhere in the background zedd

I am sure this was fixed already. I have attempted to reproduce it with the current version and it did not crash for me.
Will you check the build date under the Support tab: it should be v4.3.3 (Built on Mar 11 2022).

If this is your version, I am going to send you the latest beta version, where this surely works well.
It would be very useful to have a crash report about this problem, but according to the previous post I should not annoy my users with asking for that.

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: I tried this with a new installation on macOS High Sierra, I have no access to Sierra right now.
zedd wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:28 am Clicking on the Paint Palette in the Standalone (Mac, Sierra) results in a crash of RapidComposer each time.

Works fine in my DAW and I realized how much I wish it would also work in the Standalone.

Using RC VST3 in Cubase 12 Pro on a Mac mini M1 for hours, no crashes so far :(

Hello.
I would like to report a bug in the VST versions of RC.
In Reaper it just crashes (DEMO showing up and never loading) causing Reaper to stop working.
This happens since the last update (4.3.3). Before, I could use RC as a VST (x86, x64 and VST3) in Reaper.
Doesn't load RC in Gig Performer 4 either.
However, it does load perfectly into Ableton Live.
The thing is that in Reaper I could assign different output midi channels from RapidComposer , using it as a real VSTi.
In Ableton (same in Reason 11 Intro, where it works too) I can only drag what I've worked on before in the standalone version.
Is this a general bug, or does it just happen to me?
Any help will be good for me. Thank you
(Windows 10 operating system)
Vst3 ready in Ableton.jpg
Vst3 crash in Reaper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

josejuan wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:34 am Hello.
I would like to report a bug in the VST versions of RC.
In Reaper it just crashes (DEMO showing up and never loading) causing Reaper to stop working.
This happens since the last update (4.3.3). Before, I could use RC as a VST (x86, x64 and VST3) in Reaper.
Hi JoseJuan. I tried to reproduce this on my win10 set up but unable.
v4.4b8 stable in Reaper here.
Looks like the licence not being picked up?

Cheers.

Yes. That's what it seems, but then how is it possible that in Ableton and in Reason it recognizes and in Reaper it doesn't? The location of Vst plugins and VST3 is the same in all my DAWs
My Reaper version is 6.53. As you can see in the image I have a license (personal/small business use).
Thanks for considering, Mike.
My version of RapidComposer is the latest, it seemed to me. I have configured to update in Settings. I am now on 4.3.3 as indicated there.

immediately after loading and constantly (Mac OS 10.13.6.)
P.S. I'll make a reservation right away .. On a system installed on another disk, everything works well and without a crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Interesting. I am trying to figure out how this could happen.
Thanks, lulukom!
Attila
lulukom wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:09 am immediately after loading and constantly (Mac OS 10.13.6.)
P.S. I'll make a reservation right away .. On a system installed on another disk, everything works well and without a crash.

I just installed the update for Rapid Composer 4.3.4 and Reaper 6.5.6 and the problem persists.
If someone can think of something that can fix it, ...Thank you

Hi josejuan,

can you try the following: open the standalone, and uncheck the setting "Open RapidComposer in a separate window" under Settings / Miscellaneous / RapidComposer VST/VST3/AU? Now you can try to use the plug-in.
I can send you the latest beta version that works well even when this setting is enabled, I just tried.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”