Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

steff3 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:14 am So, and now, does this update also show up in the Korg installer app (Korg Software Pass) ? I guess, that is developed by another team which then needs a trigger from a server developed by another team ... updates that are not accessible seem to have zero customer value .... Not sure why companies opt for such a convoluted process as it easily lights up weaknesses ....
Hi Steff! As above, several users reported a problem, so I requested that the update be removed pending our investigation of what was going on. Sorry for the confusion.
Dan Phillips
Manager of Product Development, Korg R&D

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:29 am
bnz wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:08 pm Is it just me or is opsix native pretty unpolished at least on Windows?
- UI is sluggish as hell
- It comes only as VST3 plugin and suggests C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins as a placement folder by default (which is where most DAWs don't look for VST3 plugins). It took a while until a realized I had to point the installer to Common Files\VST3 in order for my DAWs to even find it.
- When I tried to uninstall and reinstall it to find out whether I did something wrong, I didn't find it in the programs listing under KORG where all the other Korg plugins are. It took me a while to realize it may be listed under opsix and not under Korg.

The weirdest thing is: everything opsix native does wrong (in my eyes), wavestate native does right. Proper UI, proper proper UI coloring (who still makes such an eye-soring white background nowadays), proper plugin folder placement, proper preset browser (with categories, author and details visible).
Very sluggish and laggy, yes. Not bothered about the white GUI though. It does seem like it needs an update really quickly!
Oh thank Heavens I'm not not going crazy. All this stuff about Korg putting the plugins in the wrong directory and the sluggishness! At first I thought that's way the response was so bad because the vst 3 was in the 'wrong' place. But nope. I installed opsix native on my macbook pro m1 max and it worked smoothly and perfectly. Man, they rushed this thing out the door on the windows side. And the wavestate app seems to work with the hardware but not the opsix app with its hardware. Argggh!
Trouble with beards is you're always smelling peanut butter.

c_huelsbeck wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:10 pm I still think it's a denormal issue... the fact that turning off the FX sections makes it go away is a very strong indicator. Hopefully there will be an update from Korg soon. I had to resort to freezing tracks again in order to work with Wavestate... I'm using a Thinkpad P52 workstation laptop with a hexa-core i7-8850H / 32gb and nVidia Quadro P2000 / 4gb.
I saw this and tried it...turning everything off makes no difference at all. I turned off preFX, FX, even all of the parts and it still uses 50% CPU on the Cubase activity monitor at idle. Still usable for me, but I'd probably have to render/freeze to actually use it seriously in a track. Fortunately I've got both hw versions so I'll happily continue to use those. Maybe do some programming on the native versions and transfer patches over to the hw for serious work. It doesn't bother me too much, but I suspect if I'd bought them purely as sw with no hw I'd be pretty peeved. And with any kind of old/under-powered PC or lappie it must be unworkable.

Having said that, I do think Korg will likely fix it and fairly quickly. They released an update already and with the hw OS they were coming out with updates pretty often...Wavestate had 5 or 6 OS upgrades IIRC. Definitely not a release and ignore scenario.

danatkorg wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:51 am
Hi Steff! As above, several users reported a problem, so I requested that the update be removed pending our investigation of what was going on. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to the next version.

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:50 pm
greententacle wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:07 pm
danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:32 pm Do you mean user presets, or *all* presets? (The latter can be a problem with permissions.) If it's your own user presets, first, I'm really sorry about that. Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
user
Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
windows 10 intel i7
🇷🇺

was my fault, should have backup those presets, although I've never had that problem with other software. and it's seems like it is mentioned in the installer.🤦🏻
🇷🇺

I feel like there should be separate threads for the Wavestate and the Opsix since there are obv people that care about one but not the other. This thread should prob just be renamed to Korg Wavestate since it's got important Wavestate info in it, and then we can make a new one for the Opsix that will get zero support from Korg. 😂

trackbout wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:54 pm I feel like there should be separate threads for the Wavestate and the Opsix since there are obv people that care about one but not the other. This thread should prob just be renamed to Korg Wavestate since it's got important Wavestate info in it, and then we can make a new one for the Opsix that will get zero support from Korg. 😂
We keep asking about the OpSix, too, but yeah... crickets.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

That's probably because no one from Korg's OpSix group is here. And it not even being an unofficial Korg Thread or Forum, not unexpected.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ya either way, they should each have their own thread no?

Dunno...they both seem to have the same issues, released at the same time, part of the same group (as with the hw), so it makes sense to be in the same thread. The main weird thing is why they didn't release Modwave as Native also at the same time and then we could whinge about 3 plugins instead of 2 :shrug:

trackbout wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:07 pm Ya either way, they should each have their own thread no?
At this point yes..
I figured since they were released at the same time, some kind kvr person just created this to announce them, then it took on a life of its own :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Ya I mean, Dan made it clear they are two completely different development teams that don't interact with each other, so they will have different issues, different updates, different Korg reps communicating or not communicating, and obviously they are completely different plugins that do different things. I don't know if there's a way to ping moderators or if the O.P. can just rename the thread, but it seems like the way to go at this point.

Hopefully Korg will come up a way of rewarding existing Korg AU/Software customers with a better deal than they’re offering anyone and everyone with a pulse (who didn’t have their hardware versions). Maybe black friday? I like Wavestate, but hard pass on the price. Anyway - running the “Uninstall” from Software pass… deleted the wavestate executable- but left behind 2GB+ of stuff in my Users/Shared/KORG/wavestate native directories. The files are not in a usable format — so I would have preferred them to be deleted when I uninstalled it. Just a heads up. The uninstall program leaves crap behind.

Joe

There is an opsix update 1.0.1 available. Unfortunately, it does not fix my slugishness issues. At least I think it doesn't behave a lot different, the waveform visualization still hangs a lot.

Return to “Instruments”