Just bought Speedrum..... some fr

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, didn't even know the product existed up to three days ago.
Anyway tried it and liked it enough to buy it.

I see you are still adding features which are nice..

Here are my requests, some probably have been there before.

1) Ability to Time Stretch loops and sync with host bpm. (might as well have a good pitch transpose algorithm for loops too)

2) Option to Apply all slices to pads autaomatically (clearly it would only do the first 32 slices).

3) The threshold seems a bit like it needs re calibration, I have never had to move the threshold past the 9am position, so for me, thus far anything after the noon position has not been used, whereas often to get all the slices I want to get, I have to have the threshold at a very minimal value (almost fully counter clockwise).

4) Save a default pad colour layout for all pads. (right now there is a default one colour for all pads).

5) rx (recycle) compatibility would be nice too..still have quite a few loops in that format.

6) zoom options in 10% not 20%, actually a drag out to the size you want would be greatest.

Anyway my two cents..
liking what I can do with it now.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you for your purchase!

1 - I've been thinking about it, maybe I'll do something about it in the future, but I don't promise anything.

2 - If you hold ctrl/command when dragging the first slice (you will see a number on the slice) it will carry all the slices (max 32) and then drop it to the first pad. The drop rule is determined with the setting in Preferences (Drag & Drop on Pad Default), and you can temporarily change it when dropping with the alt/option key (it should show visually on which pads it will drop the samples).

3 - I plan to make some improvements on Slicer.

4 - Interesting, I'll think about it.

5 - Same as under 1.

6 - If I can make a smooth enough drag out to size then I’ll change it, but I can’t promise anything. I think this is good enough for now.

Thanks. Didnt know about 2.
Will definitely try it.
Rsp
sound sculptist

And :) also the ability to use your effects on the master output, that is on the whole instrument not just the pads.

rsp
sound sculptist

just tried it too.
What i'd add in addition to this would be
a) freely shapable volume curves à la xfer Serum or LFOtool
b) looped playback including user definable loop start- and end points

really great product as it already is though! :love:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

also: sample drag & drop from host to pads.
Or is this just a limitation of the free version i'm using?

FapFilter wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:49 am also: sample drag & drop from host to pads.
Or is this just a limitation of the free version i'm using?
Currently drag & drop works:

Windows and macOS
samples to pad / layer from:
- internal browser
- system browser
- host's browser
- host's timeline (if the host supports it, such as Reaper)
pad render to:
- pad / layer
- host timeline
- system browser
- host's browser (if host supports)

Linux
samples to pad / layer from:
- internal browser
pad render to:
- pad

Hmm, i must have done something wrong then, as the usual cmd/option drag like it does in other samplers from Reaper‘s timeline didn‘t work for me here.
the cursor actually went green as if it was ok to drop the sample, but the pads stay empty.

No big deal anyway, as Speedrum is awesome :love: and the free version is an incredible gift! :tu: (especially for us Reaper users :lol: )
(still using the free version as i‘m prefering it‘s super clean and tidy interface while actually not loosing much functionality that i‘d need)

I just tested it and you're right, seems it doesn't work on macOS... thanks for reporting it!

This is my replacement for Geist II. :)

Adding to my feature requests.. Something like Kontakt's purge.
that is It can analyze a song that I play and give me the option to clear all pads with samples I haven't used.
I am slicing stuff and end up only really using 4 pads, the rest go on touch.
Btw, I would have thought if I locked a pad, and I cleared all select all and delete, the locked ones wouldnt be cleared.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am Adding to my feature requests.. Something like Kontakt's purge.
that is It can analyze a song that I play and give me the option to clear all pads with samples I haven't used.
Interesting, I have to think about it. How does it work in Contact? You have to play the whole song, so the ones that are used are marked?
zvenx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am Btw, I would have thought if I locked a pad, and I cleared all select all and delete, the locked ones wouldnt be cleared.
It is made to keep locked when changing the kit. But I think you're right, it could be extended to delete as well.

apisonic wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:08 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am Adding to my feature requests.. Something like Kontakt's purge.
Interesting, I have to think about it. How does it work in Contact? You have to play the whole song, so the ones that are used are marked?
zvenx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am Btw, I would have thought if I locked a pad, and I cleared all select all and delete, the locked ones wouldnt be cleared.
It is made to keep locked when changing the kit. But I think you're right, it could be extended to delete as well.
Hi yes. in Kontakt you play the whole song (or at least the part that uses Kontakt whose samples you want to purge).

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Apisonic Labs”