Korg Collection 3 now has VST3 and Silicon support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Also there is a 50% off sale until April 28. Unfortunately, opsix and wavestate native aren't available for sale :/

Just tested the latest v2.30 of M1, Wavestation and MDE-X. The new VST3s seem half-baked and cause different problems in Cubase Pro (Windows):
- Old projects crash the DAW on opening.
- Loading of .vstpresets saved with former versions else doesn't work (Wavestation) or crashes Cubase (M1).
- MDE-X opens without GUI.

So if you use Cubase, be aware. I had to delete the KORG VST3 folder to work reliably. Fortunately, the v2.30 VST2s don't seem to be affected by these issues.

It says on their site the sale is for first time users. I already have the collection, but just wanted to mention it in case others didn't know.

Also there is an upgrade sale ($149)
- An upgrade that adds the 4 new software
- Only for Special Bundle (including ARP ODYSSEY) users
- Save with this special price

Sahul wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am Just tested the latest v2.30 of M1, Wavestation and MDE-X. The new VST3s seem half-baked and cause different problems in Cubase Pro (Windows):
- Loading of .vstpresets saved with former versions else doesn't work (Wavestation) or crashes Cubase (M1).

So if you use Cubase, be aware. I had to delete the KORG VST3 folder to work reliably. Fortunately, the v2.30 VST2s don't seem to be affected by these issues.

Yikes.. thanks for the warning.
rsp
sound sculptist

Sahul wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am Just tested the latest v2.30 of M1, Wavestation and MDE-X. The new VST3s seem half-baked and cause different problems in Cubase Pro (Windows):

You better reach out to support about it.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:49 pm You better reach out to support about it.
I have reached out to support....three times...and never received a response.

The last time was March 29th so we're going on a month now with no response. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks like there's a 1.40 release for Odyssey. Is that Mac only? I don't see the "Upgrade" option in Korg Software Pass yet but did see the M1 and Wavestation updates.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:39 am Also there is a 50% off sale until April 28. Unfortunately, opsix and wavestate native aren't available for sale :/
Do you have a link? I see Triton is on sale for $199 regularly $249 so of course not 50% off.

Despite Korg's pathetic support I might be a buyer of Triton for $125....almost certainly at $99. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Some are actually 50% off (Arp, MS-20, etc.) but not all of them.

Also the Collection isn't really 50% off:
Normally $399.00 but for now its $239.00

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm Looks like there's a 1.40 release for Odyssey. Is that Mac only? I don't see the "Upgrade" option in Korg Software Pass yet but did see the M1 and Wavestation updates.
Odyssey for Mac installed freshly from Software pass is showing as 1.40 with Apple silicon support for me, however 1.4 still has a non-retina GUI (Korg somehow lost the beautiful retina GUI with the last release).

Examigan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:45 pm Some are actually 50% off (Arp, MS-20, etc.) but not all of them.

Also the Collection isn't really 50% off:
Normally $399.00 but for now its $239.00
The collection would be a good deal at $239 but the frustrating part is that I already own the Wavestation, M1, PolySix, MS20, and MDE-X plugins and there is no allowance for already owned plugins.

Is there Odyssey update? It's the only one not showing an update in the Korg Pass.

on my cubase on mac, it sees the vst3 separate from the vst2, that is they used different vst id's.. sigh... (which means when sb finally stops vst2, all your older korg projects will not open seemlessly).. but that it sees the vst2 and vst3 separately meant that I didn't have the issue you have.

Actually scratch that.. some are, some aren't.. the older ones have the same id, some of newer ones seem not?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:59 pm

on my cubase on mac, it sees the vst3 separate from the vst2, that is they used different vst id's.. sigh... (which means when sb finally stops vst2, all your older korg projects will not open seemlessly).. but that it sees the vst2 and vst3 separately meant that I didn't have the issue you have.

Actually scratch that.. some are, some aren't.. the older ones have the same id, some of newer ones seem not?

rsp
What the heck. How'd you get a VST3 for Odyssey? Mac only? There is no update for me on Windows for Odyssey. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling even. It's the one I want as VST3!

From what I just experienced I dont' think you want it :).

They are consistently inconsistent.

Korg's Vst3 on cubase is very buggy. M1 just opened with no sound loaded.. loading a preset, brought cubase crashing down.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”