Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:00 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:46 pm @bharris22 and @UncleAge - Infinitone has the advantage of allowing individual tunings per track whereas OddSound is a global setting. The dev from Infinitone has said he thinks people should get both :) and both dev teams seem really good to me. But it was the individual tunings pertrack that swung me to Infinitone.
I think I will probably end up getting both, but what led me to OddSound originally was 1) 32 bit Windows support, 2) support for Novation Launchpads in isomorphic layouts and 3) the ease of using MTS-ESP. With regard to the third point, any synth (and many of the major ones have it, as does Infinitone itself) with MTS-ESP support built-in that you have running will automatically take the tuning from the MTS Master plugin without any additional routing. It's very convenient and quick, and works like a charm.

I do like the look of Infinitone, and the presets seem to add some immediate usability. I wish it wasn't iLok, though - any idea how many authorizations you get?
1 of 1 activations used it says in ilok.
From the manual
"One license is included with purchase of Infinitone DMT, however it can be used on multiple
computers when the license is stored on the iLok cloud or dongle."

The dev is very very approachable so it would be worth contacting him if you need multiple licenses.

Thanks!

It seems to me that The MTS-ESP Suite and Infinitone are not midi fx. Is this correct?
Perhaps this discussion should be terminated here with one or two additional explanatory posts or continued elsewhere.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm It seems to me that The MTS-ESP Suite and Infinitone are not midi fx. Is this correct?
Perhaps this discussion should be terminated here with one or two additional explanatory posts or continued elsewhere.
they are midifx

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:37 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm It seems to me that The MTS-ESP Suite and Infinitone are not midi fx. Is this correct?
they are midifx
Ok, Sorry what I stated above. :oops:
Please carry on with the discussion on The MTS-ESP Suite and Infinitone.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:18 pm A new midi plugin (VSTi I assume) by feelyoursound
ChilloutEngine:
https://feelyoursound.com/chilloutengine/
See intro discount offer.
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... loutEngine

Comments are welcome.
I had a day off and I hadn't spent anything in a while (sort of) so I thought I would give it a try. This one I like. At first I wasn't blown away by the results. Then it started to grow on me. I am wrapping up the day with 3 songs close to completion (verses, chorus and bridge in place). One more song I have to flesh out. A very productive day for me. With that said, I modified everything that it gave me. But it gave, what I thought, were good starting points that inspired me to be get outside of the box a little. I created all my own melodies though and to me that's a good thing.

One more thing, went back to it after I let it sit for a few hours and noticed two things. One, I liked what I created. Two, nothing sounded the same. Nothing.

For chord generation I went two routes. I created progressions in Scaler 2 and used the Chordico website. I am happy so far with the results. Money well spent, imo. As always, ymmv...

I like that you can drag a chord progression directly from Scaler 2 into Chillout or House Engines and they read them fine. You might be able to come up with more complex chord progressions in Scaler than what the Feel Your Sound Engines come up with.

I’ve been putting the new Chillout engine thru it’s paces. Hopefully, I’ll have a track to share (plus others from other arps, sequencers, etc.).

I have all the Feel Your Sound offerings and they are all useful. I too really like using chords from elsewhere and being able to drag right into the Chillout Engine.

I stumbled on this in the Bitwig forum. Futurephonic Rhythmizer looks interesting. VST3 only (and I think Max4Live).

https://www.futurephonic.co.uk/categories/software

A Bitwig user created a preset for BW 4.1 that does a similar function. Following is the link to that thread.

viewtopic.php?p=8407631&hilit=Rhythmizer#p8407631
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

^thanks for info on that

BluesMuse wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:36 am I stumbled on this in the Bitwig forum. Futurephonic Rhythmizer looks interesting. VST3 only (and I think Max4Live).

A Bitwig user created a preset for BW 4.1 that does a similar function. Following is the link to that thread.

looks great but their checkout does not work for me - wont let me input data. Will try later

EDIT - and it worked later

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:00 am
BluesMuse wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:36 am I stumbled on this in the Bitwig forum. Futurephonic Rhythmizer looks interesting. VST3 only (and I think Max4Live).

looks great but their checkout does not work for me - wont let me input data. Will try later

EDIT - and it worked later
Checked Rhythmizer out. Looks interesting enough to consider purchasing.
M4L get all the extra love.
Though as a VSTi I am sure it will still be useful.
Hope to decide today

Edit: Wonder if Loomer Architect can do this.
https://loomer.co.uk/architect.html

^I played with the demo. Not impressed with preset selection functionality.

I use Rhythmizer often and I am a fan. Can't say I use the presets much though. I usually just dial something in and go with it.

Hmmm. Rhythmizer 2.1 sale is over.
Likely get it next time around.
Came across this in my notes
MidiBot $5 https://robbykilgore.com/?p=141
I got it but could not make it work.

And earlier interesting post:
ztrauq wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:26 am One MIDI chain that I personally like for generating some varying ambient stuff is taking MidiBot, which gives you a changing random monophonic sequence within certain parameters (you could also substitute in Riffer on constant random for a different flavor maybe), feed it into Obelisk to turn it into chords, and then feed that into Chord Potion to create variations from the changing chord progression. I'll put that on various instrument/fx pairs in my DAW sometimes and just let it run for a sort of Brian Eno-like background track while I'm working.

Return to “Effects”