Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

So how does one remove Syntronik 1 and sounds. I need to remove bloat.

kitekrazy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:31 pm So how does one remove Syntronik 1 and sounds. I need to remove bloat.
The problem is that the Syntronik 1 content is still used in S2. So if you remove those S1 sounds they won't be available in S2.

The fact that we can have S1 and 2 running on the same system leads me to believe you'll need to keep S1 installed for compatibility in older projects but someone would have to confirm that.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have the full Syntronik v2 collection. I’m thinking of selling it, but with the group sale going on what would it be worth?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Less than $49.99, considerably less I would say, as entry to the Group Buy is $49.99, even less if you use Jam Points, and I have never seen an IK GB not going the distance
Say NO to CLAP!

Lordie .. there are some very usable tones. Was watching Eric Norlander video and he was messin' with the "Henderson Power Brass". It sounded familiar to a patch I made on my OB-6. So I decided to see if I could come up with something usable on S2. Starting with that Henderson patch, I cloned the Mod Matrix LFO 1 tremolo (pitch - many patches do this for Mod Wheel) to Aftertouch, and a couple of other minor changes... and bammo. Instant Toto Rosanna Lead. Done. There are other S2 Toto inspired patches (at least the Horns Down in Africa -> Toto Africa (no surprise where this one got it's inspiration... or spooky coincidence). I decided to make it close to what I wanted so.. back in the Edit page, I set Velocity to Classic LP/18 and mod matrix - > adding Bipolar (BIP) and setting the Filter Parameter 1 ( Freq ) to taste. I set this to +60. While in the mod matrix.. i cloned this patch's tremolo (Element LFO 1 ) to Aftertouch modifier. Done. So.. two quick patches, for Toto songs - in about 30 seconds.

Posting this... for folks who may be under the impression Syntronik doesnt have editable timbres. Maybe S1 was a little limited - but S2, with the Mod Matrix and Edit page... not to mention the Sequencer, Arp and other stuff, is really a big step forward. Reminds me of the enhancements that Arturia has made to some of their instruments (like the Jup-8 V4). Huge sonic upgrade.

jdoo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:10 am Posting this... for folks who may be under the impression Syntronik doesnt have editable timbres.
I think some people can't get past calling any synth with sample based Osc's a "rompler" which here at KVR is a term of derision.

Is Syntronik 2 the most capable synth out there? No of course not but it's still a very capable synth because it's not limited to five generated waveforms.

Starting in the 80s and going all the way up to 2000 when I discovered VSTi's I used to layer several hardware synths together by midi to create complex sounds.

A DX7 layered with an ESQ-1, an Ensoniq Mirage, Roland U220 etc etc....

With Syntronik 2 I can do that again with the Layers page and be able to edit the individual layers to a fair degree.

It is capable of some incredibly lush sounds but I do wish more digital and hybrid synths were represented in the collection like the ESQ-1 or Ensoniq VFX.

I'd love to see a "General Midi" module that has all those classic sounds with today's high quality sample specs. The analog classics are certainly well represented in the current collection. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway we're at 15 for the price of 1 and 55 more participants to the next level.

If I were to guess I'd say we might get 4 or 5 more free failing a strong surge in the remaining 12 days but I think IK may extend the GB.....

One thing that continues to drive my OCD bonkers is that the EQ bands are flipped. It's most obvious in the EQ PG where the Low frequency bands are on the top an the High bands on the bottom:

EQ PG.png

This makes no logical sense to me at all. I own the TRacks version of the EQ PG and it's logical. Low on the left working up to High on the right.

Not a big deal once you get used to it but just another example of a quirk in IK plugins that make you go "didn't anyone bring this up in Beta or what could possibly be the logic behind the decision?" :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat May 07, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:16 pm Anyway we're at 15 for the price of 1 and 55 more participants to the next level.

If I were to guess I'd say we might get 4 or 5 more free failing a strong surge in the remaining 12 days but I think IK may extend the GB.....
Yeah, I also feel that the GB will be extended at least until the end of this month.

That would make sense. Until the end of May instead of the 19th.

@Teksonik...I have the same problem with the EQ in Amplitube. What were they thinking, haha!? I really like IKM software, but often scratch my head about some of the design decisions. I feel like with Syntronik that they have made it too convoluted with the whole Syntronik 1 vs 2 thing in the presets. It forces the user to have to go the extra mile in figuring it out.

Again, I'm finding Syntronik to be a great sounding synth...but when I actually want to build patches, there are no init/default patches to start with for S2. The ones I would go to do that are all Syntronik 1 patches, which I'm not able to use the full mod matrix on. I'd like to see them go in and update everything so that there is a full S2 version. Do it once at IKM and then all the customers won't have to monkey with it.

I went to put all my Syntronik stuff on an external drive...found presets and samples in 3 or 4 different places. It is as if there is no final manager to make some Steve Jobs decisions about what is good for the customer (the narrowing down and getting rid of fluff and superfluous workflow) . Same goes for the GUI of Amplitube 5...what a mess! Sounds amazing once you dial it in though... :)

jinotsuh wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:46 am Less than $49.99, considerably less I would say, as entry to the Group Buy is $49.99, even less if you use Jam Points, and I have never seen an IK GB not going the distance
So then… worthless. As I suspected. Oh well. I should probably just revisit it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:00 pm
So then… worthless. As I suspected. Oh well. I should probably just revisit it.
I don't know what you paid for your copy of the full Syntronik Max, but yeah, you probably chose a pretty poor time to consider selling it, in the middle of a group buy.

Am trying to use Syntronik 1 patches in S2. Finding that using the MIDI Assignments window and changing Vibrato from Modwheel to Aftertouch results in the Modwheel not affecting vibrato (as expected), but unlike in Syntronik 1 -- aftertouch, though assigned here... doesnt work? In fact, assigning aftertouch in the MIDI Assignments page doesnt seem to work for S2 patches either. I can change that in the Edit page / Mod Matrix for S2 patches, but that page is not available for S1 patches? So it seems that the MIDI Assignment window is a little fubar or I am misunderstanding. Has anyone figured out (or even care to :) ) how to change Vibrato to Aftertouch for a S1 patch from within S2? Not possible?

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:51 pm
kitekrazy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:31 pm So how does one remove Syntronik 1 and sounds. I need to remove bloat.
The problem is that the Syntronik 1 content is still used in S2. So if you remove those S1 sounds they won't be available in S2.

The fact that we can have S1 and 2 running on the same system leads me to believe you'll need to keep S1 installed for compatibility in older projects but someone would have to confirm that.
I don't think they are. I had Max 3.5 and there is S2 versions of each. There is no uninstaller for v1.

kitekrazy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:51 pm

I don't think they are. I had Max 3.5 and there is S2 versions of each. There is no uninstaller for v1.

Return to “Instruments”