Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:13 am Does anybody know if there's a way to shut off the constant notifications coming from the Roland Cloud Manager? I assume that there's not, because I don't see any settings or options within the app itself.

It's telling me practically daily that I have updates, so I'll open the app and check and nope, nothing there for anything that I own, so I just close it and I get back to whatever else I was doing.

All of my Roland Cloud stuff is up to date, so I know when the app keeps letting me know that there's an update, I know that it's bogus most of the time.

I'd rather check manually once a month or something for updates instead of having bogus notifications coming from the app practically daily.
You can turn off Roland Cloud on startup if you click on the icon at the bottom with your name on it and select Preferences.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:37 am
You can turn off Roland Cloud on startup if you click on the icon at the bottom with your name on it and select Preferences.
There it was, thanks! I just turned off notifications and launch at startup.

I've been using it for a couple of years, but I guess that late is better than never. :)

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 am
D-Fusion wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:37 am
There it was, thanks! I just turned off notifications and launch at startup.

I've been using it for a couple of years, but I guess that late is better than never. :)
:tu:

I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.

ProfK wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:25 am I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.
I wonder why Roland would create an S-550 emulation. The S-770 was the pinnacle of their sampling technology.

Whilst I do agree that the S-770 was the pinnacle, back then the goal was very different.. Realism was primary goal.. Now using 'vintage' gear realism I suggest is no longer the primary goal.

rsp
sound sculptist

For me there are some more gems to be considered also for emulation:
- V-Synth/V-Synth 2/V-Synth GT
- Super JX/MKS-70
- JD-990
- R-8/R-8mkII Drum machine (maybe embedding all expansion cards)
- S-550 and S-770 plus library compatibility (ISO CD-ROM, floppy images, etc.)
- maybe a little gift: MC-505/MC-909

Just my opinion, but I'd rather they implement S-550/S-xxxx style bitcrushers in their FX so you could use them with whatever modern day Samplers or tech you'd like. That old school sampler workflow was horribly slow. I don't understand why anyone would want that back.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I'm not interested in any old Roland samplers, but I'd like to see some more vintage gear coming to the cloud, such as a few more of their vintage, classic drum machines. As long as there still exists some old cool gear that Roland hasn't yet ported to the cloud, then there is still work left to be done, imo.

It's cool that 707,727,808 and stuff like the 909 are there, but there is still more to go, machines which came before those machines and some that came after.

OllieBoi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 pm
ProfK wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:25 am I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.
I wonder why Roland would create an S-550 emulation. The S-770 was the pinnacle of their sampling technology.
Agree

Yup. Great insights ITT by keyboardists. Most important thing I saw here was NEVER DEPEND on Roland VSTs for a live show. You're doomed. Auto Sampler is your only option. Otherwise, fake the Rolands with Logic ES2 which is an excellent synth that you can use offline.

Why Logic?
There are plenty of Roland models by other developers that don’t require a DAW or a Mac.

Arturia, Softube, TAL, AudioRealism, d16
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:17 pm Just my opinion, but I'd rather they implement S-550/S-xxxx style bitcrushers in their FX so you could use them with whatever modern day Samplers or tech you'd like. That old school sampler workflow was horribly slow. I don't understand why anyone would want that back.
Hi, WatchTheGuitar! Great idea. We have had several requests for the S50/S-550 and I usually recommend the same thing. ZENOLOGY FX features an effect called Lo-fi Compress that emulates the preamp of classic Roland samplers, with more flexible parameters. This is one of my favorites, personally, as I still run most of my tracks through an SP-404SX at some point. Now I just drop ZENOLOGY FX on the track and skip the bouncing back and forth. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

It is my understanding that the Juno-X includes Juno 60 and Juno 106 Zen-core models along with the new Juno-X engine. Firstly, is the Juno 106 model in the Juno-X the same model that is offered through Roland Cloud (as a Zen-core model expansion and not the "Legendary" / ACB Juno 106 plugin)?

Secondly, are there plans to make the Juno-X model available through Roland Cloud? While I really like the styling of the new Juno-X, I just don't have space for another keyboard. It would be great to have the Juno-X model available as software in order to take advantage of all the new features (separate envelopes for pitch, filter, and amplitude, a more capable and expansive FX section, etc.).

Please let us know.

Thanks!

These are my questions as well. I took a look at the Juno X documentation - ( Sound List ) https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 2ccd0fde6/ and the Roland Juno Model ( 106 ) looks like it's exactly like what's in the Zenology Pro,Fantom, Jupiter X ( for the ( 106 ). Is it an updated model? Who knows, Roland hasn't made any statements from anything I've seen YET.

They also have a JUNO X and JUNO 60 model,with Patches that are not in Zenology Pro YET.. I'd be curious if it's going to be implemented in the Cloud or our Fantoms, Jupiter X's..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Return to “Instruments”