Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:15 pm
kitekrazy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:28 am Is it Bndlab or Sonar? Both VST versions load for me in Bandlab.
I've also gotten crashes in FL Studio so that would tend to indicate it's not a DAW issue but an issue with Syntronik 2. I don't remember ever having similar issues with Syntronik 1 going back several years.

It seems to be related to Multis but the crash yesterday was caused by a single layer patch although with an edited preset.

I suppose I should report it to IK support but that's such an unpleasant process and I have little faith they'll actually be able to find the cause of the crashes. :?

I'd suggest everybody try the free Syntronik CS version to check stability on your system before committing to purchase.
I think there's lots of funky programming in the frameworks and elsewhere with IK stuff (ex. Studiophonik patch translation). This is especially true with their instruments using FL Studio. I just live with it; dealing with support would waste too much time. I will add that when some of the instruments bug out/crash now they don't take down FL Studio completely so I can continue working or save before I exit the DAW.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:11 pm Am I overlooking or there is no switch to bypass the entire effects chain with one click?
It's available as the FX on/off icon on the left pane for the instrument in the multi view. But it's not in the FX rack where it should be as well.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:41 pm Sorry, I misunderstood it then. I just tried the same patch you mentioned and saved a new one. Surprisingly, there is no issue for me. The edited patch loads perfectly fine.

I think the problem seems to be installation and/or path related.

My folder structure is pretty simple. All the IK content is in this single main folder and this path is set in all the plugins' library preferences:
Did you have Syntronik 1 installed before or Sampletank 3/4 ? Here the old S1 sample content is in the Sampletank 3 folder while the new S2 content is in the Syntronik 2/Samples folder.

I've had Sampletank 3 and Syntronik 1 installed for quite some time now.

There are two paths set here and it was set automatically. I did not manually add one:

ST Paths.png
I did not change any of the paths during installation. I let all the files for every instrument install wherever they wanted.

Yes it's definitely a file path issue. The patch is looking for a sample in the Syntronik 2/Samples folder when in reality it's installed by default in the Sampletank 3 directory.
OllieBoi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 pm I had the same experience when editing a J-8 Syntronik 2 preset on my Mac. When I tried to reload the preset, I got a file path error message telling me that Syntronik 2 is looking for the sample set in the SampleTank 3 directory. But that's not where the sample is located.
Ok thanks for confirming. That means it's not just an issue specific to my system or to Windows so that's valuable information. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PointOfDeparture wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:07 pm I think there's lots of funky programming in the frameworks and elsewhere with IK stuff (ex. Studiophonik patch translation). This is especially true with their instruments using FL Studio. I just live with it; dealing with support would waste too much time. I will add that when some of the instruments bug out/crash now they don't take down FL Studio completely so I can continue working or save before I exit the DAW.
Yes there's definitely something gone wonky and I think it may have to do with what products one had installed before joining the group buy.

Dealing with support is going to be a nightmare. I imagine they'll start with "uninstall everything and reinstall" which just isn't going to happen. I'll simply write off the $35 I paid to join the group buy and move on rather than go through all that.

Anyway we've reached the 15 free level so there is that.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:22 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:41 pm Sorry, I misunderstood it then. I just tried the same patch you mentioned and saved a new one. Surprisingly, there is no issue for me. The edited patch loads perfectly fine.

I think the problem seems to be installation and/or path related.

My folder structure is pretty simple. All the IK content is in this single main folder and this path is set in all the plugins' library preferences:
Did you have Syntronik 1 installed before or Sampletank 3/4 ? Here the old S1 sample content is in the Sampletank 3 folder while the new S2 content is in the Syntronik 2/Samples folder.

I've had Sampletank 3 and Syntronik 1 installed for quite some time now.

There are two paths set here and it was set automatically. I did not manually add one:

ST Paths.png

I did not change any of the paths during installation. I let all the files for every instrument install wherever they wanted.

Yes it's definitely a file path issue. The patch is looking for a sample in the Syntronik 2/Samples folder when in reality it's installed by default in the Sampletank 3 directory.
Yes, I had installed Syntronik 1 and SampleTank 4 content in the folder I provided the screenshot of. I changed the default location of library content during installation to a common one and make sure to use "Install to..." when installing a new library/update from IK Product Manager. This way ALL of the samples go to the their own folders in the "Samples" folder within the content directory and there are no path issues.

Perhaps you can try to move things around on your system and consolidate the folders. You can match the folder structure to my screenshot. Then, provide one single path in settings.

The best thing about this approach is whenever you want to move things around due to hard drive space issues, you just move one single folder to a new drive. Then, change the path in Syntronik/SampleTank and rescan. Everything works perfectly fine.

Just the KW-8000 is 12Gb, all of S2 will cost a lot of SSD space. But then there is a free DW-8000 VST for this one. It is almost as much as the whole UVI Synth Anthology 3. Crazy...
What on earth did they do to get to 12Gb?

zzz00m wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:23 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:11 pm Am I overlooking or there is no switch to bypass the entire effects chain with one click?
It's available as the FX on/off icon on the left pane for the instrument in the multi view. But it's not in the FX rack where it should be as well.
Okay, thanks, I will check. But I assume we don't have what I am looking for.

RikkShow wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:37 am Just the KW-8000 is 12Gb, all of S2 will cost a lot of SSD space. But then there is a free DW-8000 VST for this one. It is almost as much as the whole UVI Synth Anthology 3. Crazy...
What on earth did they do to get to 12Gb?
Probably sampled different takes and at the highest resolution possible.

The worst thing about Syntronik is that alot of patches dont differ from each other. If you ignore the fact that its sampled KW-8000 then alot of same sounding patches can be found in other Syntronik instruments.

I love Spectrasonics and Vengeance Sound aproach on that topic when using sampled stuff.

Hey guys, does anybody know if I can download Syntronik on a different PC to an external SSD to use it later on my main one? The download size is ridiculous, I need to download it at my work.

I don't have Syntronik 2 but I'm pretty sure you can download software and sound content from their website. Under "my products" and under Syntronik 2 (I guess) you should find "sound content" and "past releases" which actually includes current release as well. I assume you can select where you want to save the files.

Paasi wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:35 amI assume you can select where you want to save the files.
Nope. It doesn’t give you an option.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:59 am
Paasi wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:35 amI assume you can select where you want to save the files.
Actually there is an option in extended menu "install to". What I wonder is If it installs any files anywhere else, so that the installation sticks to the PC that was used during instalation/download

. . .
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

kPere wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:09 am
ramseysounds wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:59 am
Actually there is an option in extended menu "install to". What I wonder is If it installs any files anywhere else, so that the installation sticks to the PC that was used during instalation/download
That "install to" menu item is used in the IK Product Manager. You can also just directly download the zip files from your account on the website, not requiring an automatic install.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 am Yes, I had installed Syntronik 1 and SampleTank 4 content in the folder I provided the screenshot of. I changed the default location of library content during installation to a common one and make sure to use "Install to..." when installing a new library/update from IK Product Manager. This way ALL of the samples go to the their own folders in the "Samples" folder within the content directory and there are no path issues.

Perhaps you can try to move things around on your system and consolidate the folders. You can match the folder structure to my screenshot. Then, provide one single path in settings.
No I'm not going to move things around because the end user should not have to faff about with installation paths.

The installers should do their job without requiring any modification from users.

The problem is the edited preset is looking for its samples in a different location than where the original unedited preset found them. That is the bug. Moving samples around doesn't fix that bug it's just possibly a workaround.

Anyway I've opened a support ticket with IK (you can't even attach images to the report so that's going to really slow things down) but I have little to no faith that they will be able or even willing to find a fix.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon May 09, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”