Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:40 pm That "install to" menu item is used in the IK Product Manager. You can also just directly download the zip files from your account on the website, not requiring an automatic install.
For the record I downloaded the individual files for each instrument and ran them. I did not use the Product Manager at all during the installation process other than to authorize the serial numbers.

I let each installer for every instrument install the sample content where it wanted. I did not manually change the install paths (nor should one have to do so). They should know where to properly install the sample content otherwise they are pointless.

As noted by others already there is a bug in one of the Syn-V installers where it installs to the wrong path. I did have to manually move those samples to the correct location where the rest of the Syn-V content properly installed automatically.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The 'install to' option never worked to me. Also the installer sometimes just skip the files, so you have to manually copy sample content to the right place. For one synth the installer didn't download all the files, so I did that manually. All of this is doable though, but clunky enough.

Also why there are so many GBs: one example, check the patch Percussion / Marimba Stack (GS-V): 1GB but why? That's a simple one. And an even more simple one, Drums / Syntro Perc (M-12): 8.7 GB

If I select an instrument patch, I have no idea which category it belongs to so probably I'll never find it again. So clunky, I realized I shouldn't have bought into this group buy. :(

Woah, had no idea you could download it any other way than through ik manager. That'd be way easier and less problematic. Nevertheless I installed it on my external drive, brought it back home and it works flawlessly. Wonder if tthere are any missing presets, but guess Ill never know..

Yes I just go to the Sounds download from the product page and download the content from there:

ST Downloads.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yet again IK have a clusterfuck because they can’t utilise a simple download manager. Nothing should be this difficult in 2022
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

While IK Product Manager can be improved, just like anything out there, the current version works pretty well and I have had absolutely no problems with downloading, installing, and using the products. So I am not sure if putting the blame on IK makes sense.

lajosuti wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:58 pm Drums / Syntro Perc (M-12): 8.7 GB

I'm not sure where you're getting that number. "Syntro Perc" uses all 4 Oscs but the sample content only adds up to 407 Megs.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm While IK Product Manager can be improved, just like anything out there, the current version works pretty well and I have had absolutely no problems with downloading, installing, and using the products. So I am not sure if putting the blame on IK makes sense.
I'm not sure putting the blame on the end user makes sense either especially after you said that you had to make manual adjustments to the install paths.

I just installed the SH-V content and the same error happens with it. If I choose a Syntronik 2 preset (not a Syntronik 1 preset), simply save it, and then try to reload, it gives a missing sample message even though the original patch finds the sample just fine. That's a bug no matter how anyone tries to sugar coat it.

I didn't use the Product Manager, I simply downloaded and installed the content exacly where it wanted to go so if there is a problem with that then it's on IK. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 pm

I'm not sure where you're getting that number. "Syntro Perc" uses all 4 Oscs but the sample content only adds up to 407 Megs.
It's very easy, it is written on Syntronik 2 UI. (or SampleTank 4 UI)
For example:

By the way loading this patch takes more time than loading the 3Gb Yamaha piano in SampleTank, so I guess it is not 407 Megs on my PC.

Regarding the installer situation: I think we can blame IK here. I was always able to install my Spitfire libraries without a problem. Or stuff from Steam :). IK is always an exception. For example this Syntronik 2 library: GS-V, it installed the first few files, then the last few, so quite some patches were working, all the instruments were in the app. But then it complained that it cannot find the GS-V Gong, and I realized I had to manually extract the sample content from the SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip to the right folder. (Same with a few other files).

lajosuti wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:45 pm
Well that's weird. Even if we count the Sub Oscs as taking more sample content it's still well under a gig. For example the "Everdrill Bell" waveset in Osc 1 is only 117 Megs in size. 97,57,135 megs for the other 3 Oscs and another 117 and 97 for the Subs if we count them. So about 625 megs total.

When I load the preset in FL Studio the memory only goes up by 498 megs give or take although I suppose there may be some streaming going on.

I suppose there could be some compression/decompression of the samples but you're right 8.7 Gigs doesn't add up for such a painfully simple preset like that.

There must be something else going on or you've discovered yet another quirk in Syntronik 2..... :?

EDIT: Ok I removed all the samples from that patch then saved it and it goes to 0 bytes so it is the sample content. So there must be some de-compression going on and I guess that's why they're called ".PAK" files.

But still 8.7 gigs for such a simple (and to me horrid sounding) drum hit seems a bit....extravagant if you will. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:56 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm While IK Product Manager can be improved, just like anything out there, the current version works pretty well and I have had absolutely no problems with downloading, installing, and using the products. So I am not sure if putting the blame on IK makes sense.
I'm not sure putting the blame on the end user makes sense either especially after you said that you had to make manual adjustments to the install paths.
No, I did not make any adjustments to the install paths whatsoever. If my comment across like that, please excuse me.

The path has always been what I have set since the last GB in 2021. I just keep installing in the same folder using "Install to..." option and things work perfect for me. I always delete the downloaded installer files too. Even the Syntronik 2 instruments installed smoothly while only downloading the V2 files. So, if the things worked for me fine and as intended, I would believe IK did a good job. Things can be improved for sure, but as it stands, I am personally not facing any issues.

I am not sure what exactly caused the problems you are facing and unfortunately you had to spend so much time on this. That's why I suggested about doing modifications to your installation path and change it to what I showed in the screenshot. At least this way you will be certain that it will work for you when it worked for me. :)

I just want to add (after bashing IK installer and the product a bit) that syntronik 1/2 still have a lot of sounds I like.

lajosuti wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:45 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 pm

For example:

By the way loading this patch takes more time than loading the 3Gb Yamaha piano in SampleTank, so I guess it is not 407 Megs on my PC.

Regarding the installer situation: I think we can blame IK here. I was always able to install my Spitfire libraries without a problem. Or stuff from Steam :). IK is always an exception. For example this Syntronik 2 library: GS-V, it installed the first few files, then the last few, so quite some patches were working, all the instruments were in the app. But then it complained that it cannot find the GS-V Gong, and I realized I had to manually extract the sample content from the SYN2_GS-V_Part_4.zip to the right folder. (Same with a few other files).
Or...video game m-12 arp that takes 2.6gb :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:42 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:56 pm
No, I did not make any adjustments to the install paths whatsoever. If my comment across like that, please excuse me.

I was just going by this:
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 am I changed the default location of library content during installation to a common one and make sure to use "Install to..." when installing a new library/update from IK Product Manager.
So at some point you made manual changes to the install path. Product Managers are supposed to prevent the need for such manual adjustments otherwise they are failing at managing your products. Even the individual sample packages that can be downloaded and installed outside of the Product Manager should work without manual adjustment from users. Otherwise they are failing as well.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:42 amI am not sure what exactly caused the problems you are facing and unfortunately you had to spend so much time on this. That's why I suggested about doing modifications to your installation path and change it to what I showed in the screenshot. At least this way you will be certain that it will work for you when it worked for me. :)
It's not just me, others can duplicate the file path error as well. The point is the end user shouldn't have to do any modifications to the installation path. IK files should install in the right location without having to be manually adjusted.

That's why despite hating support tickets I opened one and if or when IK responds I'll work with them to help fix the issue so end users don't have to faff about finding workarounds.

This image should clarify the issue better not that IK will ever see it.....

SYN 2 Error 050922-1.png

In this test I simply loaded the preset "Bullet Train Pluck" for the SH-V, and just changed the name to "Bullet Train Pluck Test" and saved it.

When trying to load "Bullet Train Pluck Test" it generates the missing sample message.

But the original preset finds its samples and loads just fine. For some reason the sample path is changed after saving an edit. That's what needs to be fixed or at least addressed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lajosuti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:58 am I just want to add (after bashing IK installer and the product a bit) that syntronik 1/2 still have a lot of sounds I like.
Oh yes Syntronik 2 is capable of making some great sounds and when we go back to what we actually paid for the plugin in this group buy it is still a good value despite all it's quirks.

We're only 36 away from the next freebie so I'm guessing sometime tomorrow.

Return to “Instruments”