Any Plans to Change File Structure/Optimise?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I generally like the Arturia plugins - but I don't use them as they create a huge amount of files on install. I had several Arturia plugins installed (not many) and this amounted to 250,000 files. Most of these are simply individual images for the GUI - with multiple images for each size/scale. There are many ways to 'package' files - I can't understand why it is left in such a mess.

Do Arturia have any plans to 'modernise' this approach? The plugins also feel somewhat 'sluggish' compared to some others + they do seem to use a lot of CPU.

With some optimisation, they could be really great.

bilrobins wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:15 am Hi

I generally like the Arturia plugins - but I don't use them as they create a huge amount of files on install. I had several Arturia plugins installed (not many) and this amounted to 250,000 files. Most of these are simply individual images for the GUI - with multiple images for each size/scale. There are many ways to 'package' files - I can't understand why it is left in such a mess.

Do Arturia have any plans to 'modernise' this approach? The plugins also feel somewhat 'sluggish' compared to some others + they do seem to use a lot of CPU.

With some optimisation, they could be really great.
I just picked up Pigments 3 and FX Collection 3. While I do love the plugins, they seem so beefy after a couple instances of Serum or Kontakt combined. I feel like I need to bounce out everything after just a few effects. Bus Force in particular is pretty heavy.

Return to “Arturia”