VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Hyperbole = not dead apparently
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:00 pm Hyperbole = not dead apparently
If you would compare last 30 years of NI activity, then you would know that in recent years they slowed down development to the speed of a disabled turtle

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:58 pm Release Notes
Version 1.4.0 2022-05-05
MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version. MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. On Apple Silicon machines, Rosetta 2 must be installed in order to install and use MASSIVE X. The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED
New browser which includes filtering by tags, text search, favorites and many other improvements
ADDED
New Bass enhancer insert effect
ADDED
New LP4 filter mode in SVF filter
ADDED
Control Sensitivity menu
ADDED
Version 1.4.0 required for Expansions Beam, Bump and Charge
IMPROVED
Faster preset loading
KNOWN ISSUE
VST3 crashes in Reaper on macOS during scan (but still passes validation)
KNOWN ISSUE
Host automation parameter names are fixed to "Macro" in Logic and GarageBand on Apple Silicon computers
I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 am Has the MPE been announced at all?
Not that I know of.

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
I guess a constraining factor is the limitations of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, which they clearly want all their plugins to integrate with, but neither of which support MPE, and Maschine not even channel aftertouch.

The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:10 pm
I guess a constraining factor is the limitations of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, which they clearly want all their plugins to integrate with, but neither of which support MPE, and Maschine not even channel aftertouch.
I don’t see why it has to be an either or. They can’t even implement polyphonic aftertouch. It’s pathetic.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

RobGee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:37 pm The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!
To be fair, it took years to get the first one done for u-he, then it rolled out fairly swiftly for the rest of the range.

If only NI had already had a really good tag browser 15 years ago, then by this t

oh wait.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

RobGee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:37 pm The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!

uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.

No...but the bonuses will be announced before that MPE thing gets a mention :)
No auto tune...

kobal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:00 pm uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.
That's the thing isn't it? If you are personally waiting for feature XY, companies can't deliver fast enough. Other things, which other people may wait for, but aren't so vocal about, take years, if they're even implemented.

I wait for wavetable import in MX for years now as well. I don't even know if NI even plan to implement it. Maybe they're fine with the "onboard" wavetables, like with the original Massive. Actually, some things even indicate that they do: There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:13 pm There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation to have a closed system.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:13 pm
kobal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:00 pm uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
That's the thing isn't it? If you are personally waiting for feature XY, companies can't deliver fast enough. Other things, which other people may wait for, but aren't so vocal about, take years, if they're even implemented.

I wait for wavetable import in MX for years now as well. I don't even know if NI even plan to implement it. Maybe they're fine with the "onboard" wavetables, like with the original Massive. Actually, some things even indicate that they do: There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.
If I remember correctly, several times it was mentioned that WT import is not planned as it's not part of MX concept.
You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)

pixel85 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:17 pm You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)
That there is the funniest thing I've seen today!!! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”