Best VST Guitar 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am looking for some help in choosing the right Guitar VST for recording and possible live performance, Love the 70s, 80s Rock. I have been looking at Musiclabs REALLPC and Amplesounds Metal Eclipse, Guitar SC, and Guitar VC. I would really appreciate some help in choosing and any other possibilities to consider. Thank you in advance for all your help and input... :) :) :)

I used to use Shreddage II, but I despise Kontakt.
Moved to AmpleSound's Les Paul, which can actually be made to sound similar to the real thing. But you can't switch pickups. :(
Moved to MusicLab's RealLPC. Can switch pickups! Bought the Strat and the Rick.
At the risk of being accused of narcissism, here is a snippet of 2 solos, (starting at 1:00) the first is the Rick, the second is the LP. Through Plugin Alliance Friedman amps. (Whack up the volume!)
MusicLab gets my vote.
https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/19 ... ning-solos
Or this - Rick for the solo, Rick and RealLPC on the rhythm (on the fade out).
https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/19 ... lzh5aQbrCm

Thanks...I have been leaning towards Musiclab, its just that I see in amplesound recent updates to the software. Is MLabs easy to use and learn?
Love the tracks.... Loud is AWESOME

mabutler45 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 am ... Is MLabs easy to use and learn?..
I found it so. It has a lot of options, which can be saved as presets, and the keyswitches are customisable and can be saved as presets as well. (You can't change the actual key numbers but you can assign any articulation to any key.)
Remember, the key to programming sampled instruments is to play the samples like the instrument they represent - so if the guitar library sounds like a piano, it's probably being played like a piano. Think like a guitarist would play and you'll get better results. Same goes for any sampled instrument.
Good luck! :tu:

+1 for Music Labs.
Especially the Rick. Nothing else comes as close for me. Including the better sample libraries such as Vir2.
And I found it, not only easy, but intuitive in playing it. Subjective, but Music Labs has been my favorite. I can even excuse the NFR licensing. (Which I have seen others get permission to sell at times anyway.)

Thanks for the input…. Love the RealRick as well . So many to choose from 😀

I'm a fan of Ample Sound's stuff. Their very realistic strat, tele and lapsteel are to die for.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Orange Tree. Great guitars.

mixyguy2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:57 am I'm surprised no one has mentioned Orange Tree. Great guitars.
Probably because it's not a VST.

I'm allergic to sample libraries since the release of MODO BASS...drum roll...nearly 6 years ago LOL.

When (or perhaps IF) they finally bring out the guitars we won't need sample libraries taking up all this disk space whilst generally not being nearly as flexible either.

I won't hold my breath. Nearly 6 years now and no sign. It might just pop up but they've taken waaaaaaaay too long and now all this shit is going down in the world. Again I won't hold my breath and I have a few reasons why. They should of released it instead of the drums. It's not like we already have a shit tonne of drum libraries that actually sound realistic unlike the bloody guitars.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Ample Sound and Shreddage guitars are at the top of the list for it.

Threebodytech's Heavier 7 Strings would get a mention from me if it didn't have flubby sounding low notes. It would actually trump everything else out there if it wasn't for that.

BBFG# wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:35 am
mixyguy2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:57 am I'm surprised no one has mentioned Orange Tree. Great guitars.
Orange Tree is a company that makes excellent guitar VSTs. Caught up now?

mixyguy2 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 am
BBFG# wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:35 am
Orange Tree is a company that makes excellent guitar VSTs. Caught up now?
I did double check and while I didn't go through every library, the libraries I did check which seem the most popular all seem to require Kontakt player.
Not a VST in and of itself then?

I owned a few of them. They're good, but I didn't feel they were good enough to keep. And none were VST.
All were sample libraries for a specific VST host.

So I'm still not caught up unless you have the information on how they run as a VST without Kontakt.

Been much happier with Music Lab.

:clap:
Last edited by trusampler on Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”