Dune 3.5 - 20+ Skins [Size: Huge]+ Extras - May 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

I want the smallest possible. I might be 63 and I might be working on a 14" screen but I'm not blind.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:56 am I want the smallest possible. I might be 63 and I might be working on a 14" screen but I'm not blind.
You can always resize the backgrounds and other elements in an image editor, so you're not excluded from making use of them.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Or I can just use the skins DUNE comes with and get on with making music. It's not a hard decision.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:27 pm Or I can just use the skins DUNE comes with and get on with making music. It's not a hard decision.
:tu: :clap:
No auto tune...

To be fair, there was a time when I'd spend hundreds of hours making a custom skin for Orion, just for my own personal use, and not think twice about how I might have better used that time. I look back 15 years and I honestly don't recognise that version of myself.

Just some info to add here to address some minor text clarity issue with the dark space style 'Space 6' and 'Space 7' when 'Swarm' type is selected. The issue can be fixed by copying over the graphic file OscTypeRateBack.png from the Smoothe 6 folder. :)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

BONES wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:23 am To be fair, there was a time when I'd spend hundreds of hours making a custom skin for Orion, just for my own personal use, and not think twice about how I might have better used that time. I look back 15 years and I honestly don't recognise that version of myself.
I've done that with Orion and Dune, mainly because I love using them but didn't like the new skins. A few changes to suit me and alls good.

I've tried making completely new skins just for the sake of it, but it's a chore and I didn't like the results anyway.

I wa sdoing mostly outof practical considerations - narrower mixer strips so I could see the whole mixer, etc. - but I only needed to do it once, yet I ended up doing it 7 or 8 times.

Currently, in the works and coming soon is an assets pack and an update to the sets provided (the modulation section/tools) in addition to a fresh new design called 'Abstract'. Abstract will have a set spanning a range of colours. This is one is in golden yellow....

New GUI Dune 3.5:
Golden Abstract + UI Updates & Extras - Now Available.

7_Abstract + UI Updates & Extras

Abstract - Is a single skin which contains the latest updates and extra files which can be used with other skins.

New features included in this set are the transparent modulation targeting feature.

Folders included within the skin include:

Backgrounds (Includes a range of colours)

Filter Effect Route Popup (Includes a range of colours)

Arp Button Set (A set of alternate arp buttons for this particular skin)

Abstract is unique in including big graphical changes to the waveform editors.

No updates, just reminder.

I've had some PM's asking me where they can find the Dune skins today, so for anyone else looking on KVR, I'll just bump this up from 7 months ago. Below is a camo skin, there are two variations of this included in the sets provided.

Does anybody know where I could get an extra large '4K' skin for DUNE 3?

The current "Huge" skin GUI is still too small for my 4K display (3840 px by 2160 px).

And the other "Large" and "Default" settings are absolutely tiny on 4K displays.

All other plugins (most Vectorised) scale very well in 4K. I want to be able to use DUNE 3 around 'twice' the scale of the current "Huge" skin GUI setting so that it actually looks big at 4K.

MrJubbly wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:16 pm Does anybody know where I could get an extra large '4K' skin for DUNE 3?

The current "Huge" skin GUI is still too small for my 4K display (3840 px by 2160 px).

And the other "Large" and "Default" settings are absolutely tiny on 4K displays.

All other plugins (most Vectorised) scale very well in 4K. I want to be able to use DUNE 3 around 'twice' the scale of the current "Huge" skin GUI setting so that it actually looks big at 4K.

The total frame size of the GUI can not be set by the user by any means. By that, I mean via the scripting code that one can edit the GUI with.

I would suggest that you contact Richard of Synapse to make a request for support of 4K+ resolution graphics for Dune and to find out if it's on the cards for a future version. Most people find that large is best for them, whilst others find Huge is more than adequate, as it almost covers the full top to bottom of the screen at 1440p.

I've yet to find a plugin that is entirely, all vector based, and I have hundreds of plugins on my system. I'd be curious to know of ones that are, outside a DAWs environment, which uses vector graphics for its GUI.

I see no practical reason for using 4K resolution for music production because most plugins will be practically unusable.

I find 4K to be perfect for my music production needs - and I wouldn't like to go back to 1080 HD. I have my DAW(s) and plugins set-up so that they look and feel great in 4K. Funnily enough some of the very few plugins, that I have, that don't work quite as well in 4K are the Synapse plugins. I'm sure Richard will push out some 4K interfaces eventually - just like many other plugins.

Return to “Instruments”