Cherry Audio Releases MINIVERSE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miniverse

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm I read that post and immediately opened up the demo thinking "oh come on now that's ridiculous, no one would release a synth in 2022 that doesn't respond to velo...."

Holy smokes he's right I can't see a way to assign velocity to anything. :o
authentic innit ;)

Velocity is actually something I appreciate on the Softube emu, even though it isn't present in the original.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:35 pm Velocity is actually something I appreciate on the Softube emu, even though it isn't present in the original.
certainly on a poly version it makes sense, you don't want all notes sounding at the same amplitude, every time. it sounds shite.

vurt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:31 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm I read that post and immediately opened up the demo thinking "oh come on now that's ridiculous, no one would release a synth in 2022 that doesn't respond to velo...."
Holy smokes he's right I can't see a way to assign velocity to anything. :o
authentic innit ;)
Almost as authentic as the 16 note polyphony and Midi Learn. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

even in MPE mode... no note on velocity....

but beside that with MPE, you sweep to several characters within one preset.

but no velocity, is a main oversight.

I wish my Porsche could haul more lumber too! :D

Anyway, recently got a POLY D (hardware MiniMoog clone), and MiniMode sounded 98%-100% there. Just some minor tweaks to make them sound the same. Could easily trade tracks. With back turned, MOST people couldn't guess the difference. The tiny differences I noted were so small and insignificant, not even going to mention what they were.
Cherry Audio nailed it.

wwjd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:52 am I wish my Porsche could haul more lumber too! :D
What if your Porsche came without a steering wheel? :P

I think the point is that shipping a synth with Midi Learn and no way to assign velocity just seems like an odd design decision in 2022 even for an emulation of a hardware synth that didn't respond to velocity.

Even Moog released an updated version of the Model D in 2016, with an aftertouch and velocity-sensitive keyboard.

I get the desire to stick to the original but once 16 note polyphony was added to the CA offering that went out the window.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:34 pm I get the desire to stick to the original but once 16 note polyphony was added to the CA offering that went out the window.
Not enough velocity to get it all the way out the window.

the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Oh that's terrible......... :lol:

I guess if you want authenticity you could just stick to its mono mode.

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:34 pm
wwjd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:52 am I wish my Porsche could haul more lumber too! :D
What if your Porsche came without a steering wheel? :P

I think the point is that shipping a synth with Midi Learn and no way to assign velocity just seems like an odd design decision in 2022 even for an emulation of a hardware synth that didn't respond to velocity.

Even Moog released an updated version of the Model D in 2016, with an aftertouch and velocity-sensitive keyboard.

I get the desire to stick to the original but once 16 note polyphony was added to the CA offering that went out the window.
I do totally understand. :) But's its their product. We don't have to buy it.
I wish it had a DRIFT/SLOP/VINTAGE switch... maybe hidden in the options??? :) :)

Examigan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:57 pm I guess if you want authenticity you could just stick to its mono mode.
Just as easily as you could ignore velocity if it was added. :shrug:
wwjd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:16 pm its their product. We don't have to buy it.
Of course it's their product but we're their customers or potential customers so naturally we're going to question confusing decisions they make like adding some extra modern options but not something as common in 2022 as velocity. :tu:

Does CA ever do major updates to their soft synths? As in adding features like, just pulling a random idea out of a hat, something like velocity?

I don’t think so. You could email their support to make a request.

I've seen them add some stuff (pretty important stuff) like random % settings on EIGHT VOICE.

I want a DRIFT button on this one.

Return to “Instruments”