Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That new piano sounds very good by the way. I wonder if it's old pianoteq.. umm tech, still.

Vortifex wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:36 pm Point was, these minute differences only matter to the person making the record, not the person listening to it. In the context of a completed work, it's irrelevant.
As I said, I'm not completely convinced. My reference to the Buchla was not in reference to my own works, I don't own any Buchla hardware. I think that the question is a bit bigger than "detecting the minute differences" though. I think that you can argue all day long about angels on the head of a pin, it's not going to convince me that software is all the way there all the time. It's irrelevant to you, and to me mostly, but I'm not convinced that it's irrelevant, yet.

As far as detecting things on the dancefloor, this is mostly a function of what's popular today, in terms of software, is pretty good, for the most part, but you're not going to convince that it's true for all genres all the time. It's simply that some genres embrace the sound of shitty filters.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:48 am
Might sound silly, but what exactly is the upgrade price "from" being shown as $399? V Collection 8? If so, it may indeed be the case you mention.

Did you get any reply from Arturia support? I am curious to know their answer, as it may be useful to me as well, even though I don't have V Collection 8 or any for that matter.
Just heard back from them and it is indeed because I have the payment option. And by upgrade price being shown, what I mean is when you own Arturia software you can check in your account what your upgrade or crossover cost would be for various packages. In my case it is showing the $399. If I pay off V8 then it will be $199. Hope that clears it up.

Found a bug in Augmented Strings (already reported it to Arturia support but just posting here in case others run into it). The reverb FX seems to not work in at 88.2khz. The "Beautiful Swells" preset sounds like it's got a bitcrusher/sample-rate degredation effect in the left channel. If I go to the macros page and shut off the reverb, the sound is gone. If I change the sample rate to 44.1khz and bring the reverb back, the sound is gone. But 88.2khz+reverb effect is a no-go.

misterpatrick wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:13 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:48 am
Might sound silly, but what exactly is the upgrade price "from" being shown as $399? V Collection 8? If so, it may indeed be the case you mention.

Did you get any reply from Arturia support? I am curious to know their answer, as it may be useful to me as well, even though I don't have V Collection 8 or any for that matter.
Just heard back from them and it is indeed because I have the payment option. And by upgrade price being shown, what I mean is when you own Arturia software you can check in your account what your upgrade or crossover cost would be for various packages. In my case it is showing the $399. If I pay off V8 then it will be $199. Hope that clears it up.
Okay, thanks for the information.

Yes, I do understand about the offers, but just wanted to make sure that $399 price is from V Collection 8 and not something else. I guess it is probably showing you a crossgrade offer right now from something else rather than an upgrade from VC8, but eventually you will see the $199 upgrade option from VC8.

Cheers!

Possibly a long shot, but does anyone know if the MS20 is compatible with Korg's old hardware MS20 controller which the original Legacy collection shipped with?

It's a great collection now. My price was $149 probably be cause I own Pigments and the FX collection as well. The MS20 and new CS80 sound great!

One caveat, MPE is half done, sounds great on things it works with, but Artiuria for some godawful reason allowed for MPE 74 slide control of parameters that do not work with MPE, resulting in a scrambled mess when you slide chords and don't slide held bass notes etc.

andrew71 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 pm Possibly a long shot, but does anyone know if the MS20 is compatible with Korg's old hardware MS20 controller which the original Legacy collection shipped with?
Kind of. There's no profile set up, but you can midi learn all the controls. Maybe the jacks too, haven't tried that.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Any opinions on how the new Prophet stacks against Repro?

arcadia1984 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:24 pm Any opinions on how the new Prophet stacks against Repro?
Two different filters. So its the same as asking someone how a rev 2 compares to a rev 3. You will get all sorts of different answers.

I happen to like the Arturia version way better than Repro, based on UI and effects. Sound is subjective, they both sound awesome. I am a sucker for direct UI emulations, and I love that Arturia Prophet 5 looks just like a prophet 5. I also think Arturia has a much better preset system/store in place to download presets and buy them. I also like Arturias preset browser better as well.

Others will obviously disagree. Lots of people will prefer the Rev 3 sound over the Rev 2. I happen to think Arturias prophet 5 sounds really gritty and hits the low end quite well. Repro sounds a bit more polished for my ears without enabling its effects and I dont like that so much.

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 pm
andrew71 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 pm Possibly a long shot, but does anyone know if the MS20 is compatible with Korg's old hardware MS20 controller which the original Legacy collection shipped with?
Kind of. There's no profile set up, but you can midi learn all the controls. Maybe the jacks too, haven't tried that.
Just tried it - no, sadly no way to map the jacks. Midi-learning the rest is a cinch though.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

vertibration wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:31 pm
arcadia1984 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:24 pm Any opinions on how the new Prophet stacks against Repro?
Two different filters. So its the same as asking someone how a rev 2 compares to a rev 3. You will get all sorts of different answers.

I happen to like the Arturia version way better than Repro, based on UI and effects. Sound is subjective, they both sound awesome. I am a sucker for direct UI emulations, and I love that Arturia Prophet 5 looks just like a prophet 5. I also think Arturia has a much better preset system/store in place to download presets and buy them. I also like Arturias preset browser better as well.

Others will obviously disagree. Lots of people will prefer the Rev 3 sound over the Rev 2. I happen to think Arturias prophet 5 sounds really gritty and hits the low end quite well. Repro sounds a bit more polished for my ears without enabling its effects and I dont like that so much.
Thanks for the response, I've been using my u-he stuff less and less since the last batch of updates with V8, was wondering if the Prophet was up to task and it sounds like it'll fit my workflow and sound choices pretty well.

I do love how they manage presets, I've been an avid user since V5 and it's been nothing but steady improvements since 6 on or so. Tons of use out of the DX7 and the newer Jup-8, looks like I'll be upgrading soon then.

Two different filters. So its the same as asking someone how a rev 2 compares to a rev 3.
This makes it interesting enough to demo IMO. I haven't yet, I'll get to it later. I have a real SSM2040 here and it's long been my favorite filter ever. I'm a bit skeptical TBH, and when we're talking about digital not sounding analog, this is probably a tall order from my POV, but I'll give it a try.

arcadia1984 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 pm

Thanks for the response, I've been using my u-he stuff less and less since the last batch of updates with V8, was wondering if the Prophet was up to task and it sounds like it'll fit my workflow and sound choices pretty well.

I do love how they manage presets, I've been an avid user since V5 and it's been nothing but steady improvements since 6 on or so. Tons of use out of the DX7 and the newer Jup-8, looks like I'll be upgrading soon then.
The VS is cool, I do think the MS-20 is awesome. I am still torn on the CS-80. I think its great, but I dont exactly like cluttered UI's.

The pendulum swings both ways when it comes to direct UI emulations. If the original synth had a great layout then it works, but if the original synth has an old or cluttered layout, a direct emulation of the UI will still be a pain in the ass to work with, that doesnt change.

Return to “Instruments”