AMD User Experience Program - Shame on them!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I bought my laptop three years ago, I never knew it had been enrolled in AMD's User Experience Program. As it turns out, there are two reasons why it's bad for computers. 1. Continually running in the background, it eats up internet usage like you won't believe. 2. It interferes with your software-to-hardware device, resulting in dreaded snaps, cracks and pops as well as latency issues. The troubling program is called AUEPMaster.exe but you can't uninstall it from the Windows uninstall menu. It doesn't exist there. (No wonder I never knew about it!) I had to use WiseCare to uninstall it but I'm sure any installer worth its salt should work.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I can't imagine buying a computer and not doing a complete reformat of the drives and doing a complete from scratch re-installation of my software. Oh well.

Did AMD install Windows for you? Blame the one that installed Windows on your computer and then installed any crap you didn't ask for.
Make a clean install, problem solved.

There's probably a checkbox when you install the AMD drivers. Since that checkbox is probably labeled something like "Join the AMD User Experience Program to help make our products even better!" and not "Make my computer run like crap and continually upload huge chunks of data to the Internet", it might be easy to miss.

Best to always check Windows Task Manager often and to see what is running in the background, using CPU, memory, and network resources. Also, go to the start up tab and disable anything that is not needed to run at start up.

The AMD User Experience is something you sign up for after you installed their software. No checkboxes on install, no secret stuff. Seems like it was active when the op bought this machine. I have no knowledge of what happens when you select "Join"...
Regardless, get a new machine, do a fresh install of the software you want.
-
Screenshot (4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It was about the fourth link down from searching "how to opt out of AMD user experience."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4IqutVrkQ

Its in services too if I remember right, you can disable it from there.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 am It was about the fourth link down from searching "how to opt out of AMD user experience."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4IqutVrkQ
That's what I was thinking. "There gotta be an easy way out".

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”