Unable to start Waveform 11 in Mint Linux 20

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
whispysound
KVRer
Topic Starter
4 posts since 11 May, 2022

Post Fri May 13, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi Folks

I hope all is well in your respective worlds :)

I've been searching the forums for any clues as to how I might be able to resolve my prob with Waveform. No luck so far, hence my first post.

I'm using Linux Mint 20.3 on AMD64 with kernel 5.4.0-110-generic. After creating an account with Tracktion, I downloaded and installed (multiple times) the free version of Waveform (version 11.5.18) from the .deb installer. Each time, the app appears to have successfully installed, I even get a nice Icon on the desktop. But the app won't start. The properties of the Icon created by the install(s) are to run /usr/bin/Waveform11 %u

When I click on the Icon, nothing happens. If I open a terminal and try to run from command line I get "Illegal Instruction", and that's the end of the story. I've tried sudo /usr/bin/Waveform11 %u, sudo /usr/bin/Waveform11, and just plain /usr/bin/Waveform11 %u. Nothing can prevent "Illegal Instruction" being returned. And of course I checked that there is an executable at /usr/bin/Waveform11 (there is).

Has anyone encountered this and solved it? I've tried installing using both apt-get and dpkg (and uninstalling in between attempts), there's no difference. It installs, then declares "Illegal Instruction".

Any suggestions most gratefully welcomed, thanks

Watchful
KVRian
832 posts since 9 Jan, 2018

Post Sat May 14, 2022 5:08 am

There's a dedicated Tracktion forum here at KVR with a number of Linux users. That's your best bet.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

whispysound
KVRer
Topic Starter
4 posts since 11 May, 2022

Post Tue May 17, 2022 11:11 am

Many thanks- I'll check it out

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”