It's Coming (horror instrumental)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's interesting how starting from a different place can take you an entirely different place. This got very dark very quickly. Strings used were Spitfire Studio Strings, piano is the UVI Model D and drums are Addictive Drums 2 for the hats and fills and XO/one shot samples for main drums. Oh and Retrologue for the sub bass. Cheers folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osAAT9bpZWk

I think the main theme is pretty good but I feel like I've heard the entire track after about 45 seconds as there is very little variation. I think adding some dissonance here and there would possibly spark it a little more and give it a darker feel. I also think the piano sounds a little thin and dry but that's just my opinion. It's a solid track though and maybe just outside of what I would usually listen to.

Quite dark, but not dark enough.
The drums are a bit too much in the mix.
I love the background music.
I agree with Shangsean, a bit more variation and some minor theme could deliver the vibe you are looking for.
Rene

Some passages remind me a game title " 7th guest" from the 90s

There's some good ideas in your piece

Find also drums little bit too high.

I agree with the others. It's a little repetitive and could really shine with more variation and expanding upon the current theme. Drums seem a too in your face. I feel like slapping them with some reverb to create distance could sound pretty cool.

Overall, very nice work.

Return to “Music Cafe”