Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

SebAV wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:03 am
jamcat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 am I use the GUI keyboard all the time. It’s really inconvenient when there isn’t a keyboard to audition sounds with just my mouse.
Isn’t using computer keys better ? Every daw has a way to do it. And perhaps a unique « pad » on the UI to trigger a note with the mouse ? I find it hard to « play the instrument » on the graphical keyboard with the mouse.
I’ve tried to preview sounds on some VSTis without GUI keyboards on my MacBook in Studio One. The problem is, at least with Studio One’s qwerty controller, is it has to be in focus to work, so after you click the next preset or tweak a knob, you have to click back on the QWERTY controller to use it. That totally breaks the flow and is endlessly frustrating.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I haven't seen much mention here about the new Prophet VS.

Having owned a h/w Sequential VS in the late 1980s, I've been griping about lame emulations ever since Joshua Jeffe (the man behind the VS original software) abandoned his VST/AU VectorSector.

Well, I'm not griping any more. Arturia's new VS is the Sequential VS, at least as far as I can recall. The vibe is there, at last!

In fact, I was prepared to pay USD 199 for it and got a happy surprise when it became USD 49 as soon as I signed in.

Kudos, Arturia! :clap: :hug:

Now, can we hope for the new engine to be transplanted to the truly horrible iOS VS? :pray:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hm Arturia seems to go into a totally wrong direction here. Re-releasing same synths in new, not backwards compatible versions, over and over again, which are slower and take like 50% of your harddrive... With questionable auditive improvements. Why not polishing the v2 suite instead :p

These seem to be the new throw-away-synths.

-FFX- wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:22 am Hm Arturia seems to go into a totally wrong direction here. Re-releasing same synths in new, not backwards compatible versions, over and over again, which are slower and take like 50% of your harddrive... With questionable auditive improvements. Why not polishing the v2 suite instead :p

Okay. Let's break that whole post down, shall we?

NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. If you are going to change how a synth sounds, how can it be backwards compatible? That said, the legacy versions and presets do still exist, you can access them in Analog Lab.

SLOWER. They are not slower. I know a few people say their load times have increased, but not the case here in W10 - definitely more snappy.

OVER AND OVER AGAIN. You mean they are improving their whole range ultimately? How terrible of them.

TAKE 50% OF YOUR HARD DRIVE. Total install size for the entire range is about 30gb. For 33 instruments. Can I suggest you invest in a new hard drive that is bigger than 60gb?

QUESTIONABLE AUDITIVE IMPROVEMENTS. Look up forum posts from a decade ago, even less. People here thought Arturia were junk. Now they're one of the most beloved developers, in no small measure due to the increased authenticity.

THE NEW THROW AWAY SYNTHS. If they'd left it at their version 1s, there might be an argument for that. The dedication to improving the output is the exact opposite.

WHY NOT POLISHING THE V2 SUITE INSTEAD. I have no clue what that means.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The plugin loading times are way better here. The only change on my end is that now I am on Windows 11, but that is probably not the reason for that. Arturia's updates are.

Sorry, this may not be the right place for it, but I wonder if Arturia is working on a new version of their KeyLab MIDI controllers. I love my KeyLab MK2, and while it is great, but I am looking forward to an MK3 in the future with better quality knobs, faders, buttons and less clicking sound, apart from other redesign improvements and possible workflow/integration enhancements.

Anyone registered on the arturia forum and kind enough to report this bug , since I only have the demo and won't go through the hassle of creating an acnount
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 pm Anyone registered on the arturia forum and kind enough to report this bug , since I only have the demo and won't go through the hassle of creating an acnount
I can't believe this. You want somebody else to report YOUR bug, and without any info on your system or anything else, becasue you can't be bothered to create an account. :dog:

Well, I have an account and I certainly won't run your errants, lazybones.
Last edited by Spitfire31 on Sat May 14, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 pm Anyone registered on the arturia forum and kind enough to report this bug , since I only have the demo and won't go through the hassle of creating an acnount
I can't believe this. You want somebody else to report YOUR bug, and without any info on your system or anything else, because you'r too indolent to create an account. :dog:

delete

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:10 pm
I can't believe this. You want somebody else to report YOUR bug, and without any info on your system or anything else, because you'r too indolent to create an account. :dog:

Has nothing to do with sysem spec's but rather with implementing it wrong .
I asked ms20 owners to verify it on their hardware and they can't and the same applies to the korg vst , meaning it's either a bug or a wrong implementation .
I am testdriving the demo and have no arturia acount and can't be bothered to create one just for the sake of bug reporting (which I already do a lot ) , nor has it anything to do with being lazy .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

-FFX- wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:22 am Hm Arturia seems to go into a totally wrong direction here. Re-releasing same synths in new, not backwards compatible versions, over and over again, which are slower and take like 50% of your harddrive... With questionable auditive improvements. Why not polishing the v2 suite instead :p

Everything you just said here is utterly rediculous.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:34 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Has nothing to do with sysem spec's but rather with implementing it wrong .
I asked ms20 owners to verify it on their hardware and they can't and the same applies to the korg vst , meaning it's either a bug or a wrong implementation .
I am testdriving the demo and have no arturia acount and can't be bothered to create one just for the sake of bug reporting (which I already do a lot ) , nor has it anything to do with being lazy .
Why would you care about a bug in a product you evidently don't plan to buy?

Because you *will* need an account to buy it, so your reasoning makes no sense.
And considering the effort with the graphics and the fact you posted this same request on other forums as well, the amount of effort you've put in this is way more than would have been to simply open an account and report a bug, which all points to you having a different agenda altogether.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am Sorry, this may not be the right place for it, but I wonder if Arturia is working on a new version of their KeyLab MIDI controllers. I love my KeyLab MK2, and while it is great, but I am looking forward to an MK3 in the future with better quality knobs, faders, buttons and less clicking sound, apart from other redesign improvements and possible workflow/integration enhancements.
Oh you’re defo not alone here. I think it was 2018(?) when they introduced the Mk2 range and especially with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and their screens and light-guards (very awesome for split-zones!) there is something the KeyLabs are missing

I think many ppl are waiting for an update here for Arturia to go stronger on their “daw-less(er)” claim

They missed out for Superbooth to display that together with V9 as a strong marketing event. Maybe we’ll see something at NAMM?!

PS. thinking about it, maybe Arturia missed that chance due to the chip crisis all over electronics worldwide and normally they would have done it

Return to “Instruments”