Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

LKBorg wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:14 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:12 am Sorry, this may not be the right place for it, but I wonder if Arturia is working on a new version of their KeyLab MIDI controllers. I love my KeyLab MK2, and while it is great, but I am looking forward to an MK3 in the future with better quality knobs, faders, buttons and less clicking sound, apart from other redesign improvements and possible workflow/integration enhancements.
Oh you’re defo not alone here. I think it was 2018(?) when they introduced the Mk2 range and especially with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and their screens and light-guards (very awesome for split-zones!) there is something the KeyLabs are missing

I think many ppl are waiting for an update here for Arturia to go stronger on their “daw-less(er)” claim
Glad I am not alone. Yeah, it was 2018 when MK2 was released and I got mine in 2019, about 6 months later. The MK1 was released in 2013. So, I think we can expect MK3 by next year.

You mention good points about keybed light-guards and big screens, which would be great and useful additions as well.

Considering electronic components supply is hugely affected, it might play a big part in the eventual release of the successor. Let's hope we see one soon. :)

EDIT: Just saw your edit about the chip supply issue, and yeah, even I was expecting a new MIDI controller announcement at Superbooth.

One thing Arturia should be given credit for, which I haven't seen anybody mention yet, is how relatively reasonable both of the new Prophet emulations are, in terms of their CPU usage.

The Mk1 MS-20 filter might be the DSP star of the VC9 show, but the Prophet 5 V emulation can churn out 16 voices of polyphony for about the same CPU usage as a single voice monophonic MK1 MS20 V patch!

That's an equally noteworthy achievement whilst they significantly improved the quality of the emulations.. :tu: :party:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:13 pm I am having some issues here with the ms 20 that I don't have with the korg ms20 vst ( korg version )
As you can see from the screenshot , I am using EG 1 (green ) routed to initial gain , and EG 2(red) default to filter .
EG 2 is decaying the (LP) filter freq ,sustain set to zero .
On the arturia version the initial gain is called eg2 sidechain , and when EG 2 reaches sustain ( zero ) there is silence , on the korg version there is not becasue EG1 partially overrides it .

'
You are describing a patch where DC is fed to the VCA's CV input, like you might do to produce a drone, etc.

When you patch the output of EG1 to the EG2 sidechain input, how would you expect it to behave?

raysaul wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:51 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:34 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:10 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 pm Anyone registered on the arturia forum and kind enough to report this bug , since I only have the demo and won't go through the hassle of creating an acnount
I can't believe this. You want somebody else to report YOUR bug, and without any info on your system or anything else, because you'r too indolent to create an account. :dog:

Well, I have an account and I certainly won't run your errants, lazybones.
Has nothing to do with sysem spec's but rather with implementing it wrong .
I asked ms20 owners to verify it on their hardware and they can't and the same applies to the korg vst , meaning it's either a bug or a wrong implementation .
I am testdriving the demo and have no arturia acount and can't be bothered to create one just for the sake of bug reporting (which I already do a lot ) , nor has it anything to do with being lazy .
Why would you care about a bug in a product you evidently don't plan to buy?
Straw man , I never said I wasn’t going to buy it .
In fact , I am verry interested but not until these issues are ironed out .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:02 pm Straw man , I never said I wasn’t going to buy it .
In fact , I am verry interested but not until these issues are ironed out .
i have no time, at this moment, even to work with the new instruments, let; bug reporting.

but i only can say this; the arturia support, in my case, was always great, fast, to the point and the bugs were gone... they even helped me with a very specific problem that wasn't their problem, not due to the plugin nor the DAW, but my system, they contacted even the maker of the DAW, directly.

that is excellent support. although it didn't help, but a new system helped.. (i wanted to buy one, at some point, so instead of re-installing OS, well the OS was re-installed of course.)

arturia has more precense today, this is an EDIT, on the KVR threads, so.. perhaps they pick it up... here..

zmix wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:22 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:13 pm I am having some issues here with the ms 20 that I don't have with the korg ms20 vst ( korg version )
As you can see from the screenshot , I am using EG 1 (green ) routed to initial gain , and EG 2(red) default to filter .
On the arturia version the initial gain is called eg2 sidechain , and when EG 2 reaches sustain ( zero ) there is silence , on the korg version there is not becasue EG1 partially overrides it .

'
You are describing a patch where DC is fed to the VCA's CV input, like you might do to produce a drone, etc.

When you patch the output of EG1 to the EG2 sidechain input, how would you expect it to behave?
No , take the filter envelope out of the equation ,
Just init patch , by default env 2 is always hardwired to vca ,but if env 1 is routed to gain vca input , the gain should remain open as long as it receives a gate signal.
Even when env 2 has a sustain of level zero .
This means that env 1 can be used a gain envelope , and env 2 as a filter contour .
Yes , on the arturia it’s called sidechain input but this should be overriden once a connection is made .
Like I said ,this is not how the ms 20 behaves
Eyeball exchanging

PAK wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:42 pm One thing Arturia should be given credit for, which I haven't seen anybody mention yet, is how relatively reasonable both of the new Prophet emulations are, in terms of their CPU usage.

The Mk1 MS-20 filter might be the DSP star of the VC9 show, but the Prophet 5 V emulation can churn out 16 voices of polyphony for about the same CPU usage as a single voice monophonic MK1 MS20 V patch!

That's an equally noteworthy achievement whilst they significantly improved the quality of the emulations.. :tu: :party:
Especially given how absurdly CPU-intensive other 'major' names in the analog emulation game are -- thinking specifically about the Roland Cloud synths, which sound nice, but all of them are stupidly CPU intensive. The fact that Arturia can now make nice sounding, CPU-light(er) 'analog' polysynths like the P5 while Roland's Juno-60 and Juno-106 still wet the bed on playing a chord is....interesting.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:10 pm

'

Just init patch , by default env 2 is always hardwired to vca ,but if env 1 is routed to gain vca input , the gain should remain open as long as it receives a gate signal.
This means that env 1 can be used a gain envelope , and env 2 as a filter contour .
Yes , on the arturia it’s called sidechain input but this should be overriden once a connection is made .
You said - correctly - that "if env 1 is routed to gain vca input , the gain should remain open as long as it receives a gate signal".

But it isn't, is it? It's routed to the EG2 sidechain input (whatever that is). How would you expect that to behave?

I'd much rather have an "Initial Gain" patch point straight into the VCA. I have no idea what the EG2 sidechain input is supposed to do, as you said, not like the MS-20.

As a workaround there is a spare VCA you might use to get what you need.
Last edited by zmix on Sat May 14, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was a bit skeptical of the value of the new things for myself at $200, personally, but after trying the MS-20, have to say it's the most inspiring synth I've ever tweaked. Seems like an overwhelming majority of the knobs change the sound in amazing ways, as compared to the UI setups of any other synth I've tried. Really amazing sound out of this.

I think the idea is to control the filter with env2 but be able to sustain a note as long as desired? I haven't been able to figure that out except by using env1 as filter envelope and env2 for vca. If this is correct then I'll post it on Arturia's forum if I can find my login details.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

zmix wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:36 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:10 pm

'

You said - correctly - that "if env 1 is routed to gain vca input , the gain should remain open as long as it receives a gate signal".

But it isn't, is it? It's routed to the EG2 sidechain input (whatever that is). How would you expect that to behave?

I'd much rather have an "Initial Gain" patch point straight into the VCA. I have no idea what the EG2 sidechain input is supposed to do, as you said, not like the MS-20.

As a workaround there is a spare VCA you might use to get what you need.
Yes it’s called side env chain input , but the block diagram above clearly shows it’s a vca gain block and that’s exactly what it is .
Above env 1 is an added feature to control this.
Problem is ( which I have described )that env 2 sustain always controls the vca , even when env1 still sends a gate.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:38 pm
Yes it’s called side env chain input , but the block diagram above clearly shows it’s a vca gain block and that’s exactly what it is .
Except that it isn't, is it?
It's an "EG Sidechain" input.
It seems to modulate the voltage generated by the EG, as evident in your tests.
I wish it were a CV input to the VCA, but it isn't.

beely wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm
blatanville wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:27 pmooo...and just when I'd firmly settled on my next controller keyboard.
Don't expect this to be available to buy any time soon, if they're just floating prototype designs... You'll have a good year or two with your current controller, unless you really want to wait that long... ;)
heh; thanks.
I've been humming-and-hawing over the new controller for awhile (being unemployed for a long time will do that to you). I will probably stick with my "chosen one," when I have saved for it (I'm working, now), but for $200, that Behringer would almost be worth it for the ribbon alone.

we'll see! :tu:
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

I like how I've seen so many people complaining about the remakes. Everyone was complaining about how they needed to remake the CS-80 cause the DSP was really old and not up to par, then when they do it it's mostly complaints that a new synth wasn't made instead, cause 30+ synths aren't enough for some reason. The EXACT same thing happened when they remade the Jupiter. Everyone complained that the V3 Jupiter sucked and needed a rebuild, then when they actually did it, complaints about how they should have spent the time on a new synth (because close to 30 synths wasn't enough for some reason).

It's almost as if people just want whatever they can't have, and when they actually get it they immediately move on to wanting something else they can't have instead of actually making music.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:05 pm I like how I've seen so many people complaining about the remakes. Everyone was complaining about how they needed to remake the CS-80 cause the DSP was really old and not up to par, then when they do it it's mostly complaints that a new synth wasn't made instead, cause 30+ synths aren't enough for some reason. The EXACT same thing happened when they remade the Jupiter. Everyone complained that the V3 Jupiter sucked and needed a rebuild, then when they actually did it, complaints about how they should have spent the time on a new synth (because close to 30 synths wasn't enough for some reason).

It's almost as if people just want whatever they can't have, and when they actually get it they immediately move on to wanting something else they can't have instead of actually making music.
Or they aren't the same people, is all. Some folks want strictly new stuff. Some folks want updated stuff. In the context of a forum, you see them all, bickering about whatever need was left unmet. So it goes.

Return to “Instruments”