Which is the hungriest Synth CPU wise nowadays?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:27 pm double again? :lol:
Oh boy.... if a mod sees it, please delete all that nonsense I've created :cry:
*poof* post count goes down to 34...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

vertibration wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:21 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:09 pm
vertibration wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:41 pm The whole point of buying an M1 is silicon native plugins that are optimized for CPU reduction.

Its not whether an M1 is more powerful or less powerful that the best AMD or Intel, its how a plugin is optimized. You can have a PC that outperforms an M1, but a silicon native plugin running in lets say Logic X will be smooth as butter. I cant remember how many instances of Diva that Urs said you could run, but it was an insane amount with high voice counts without any drop outs.
Urs develops on a Mac and prefers Macs, and prioritizes Macs. If you're going to bring optimization in, then a developer would have to well and truly optimize for all 3 CPUs (Intel, AMD, and Mac) in order to compare more objectively. Until then, it's TBD.
Oh word, he told you that?
No, I just have this ability to read. It's pretty amazing. Highly recommended.

The DSP56300 emulator takes a good bit of CPU.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

chk071 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:15 amI don't think it's embarrassing.
Then you don't understand how shitful Core i3 processors are. They're for people who only check email and play Solitaire on their laptops (my Dad).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I recently uninstalled laptop bloatware that I had no idea was interfering with my audio performance. I've since lessened my snaps, crackles and pops from the dreaded four-headed latency monsters - Chromaphone, Pigments, Diva and Massive X. Vaporizer2 still gives me grief but only when I use thick pads. I'm glad 'render in place' exists.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

BONES wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:32 am
Then you don't understand how shitful Core i3 processors are. They're for people who only check email and play Solitaire on their laptops (my Dad).
Who is using a Core i3 processor for music? Unless they are a kid using their grandmother's laptop that she bought at Walmart, I would think most sensible people would be using an i5, i7, or i9 (or an Apple M1 Max or M1 Ultra chip).

Any synth on the 'cutting edge'

ie, geek stuff, not synths ppl actually use to make music

OllieBoi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:43 pm
Who is using a Core i3 processor for music?
Any kid in a developing country. Maybe not even an i3.
Think outside your box.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 pm
Think outside your box.
Oh for christ's sake, get off your high horse. You don't know anything about me. You don't know the type of charity work I do. Given your smug air of superiority, you probably can't even imagine that I donate my "old" computers to my neighborhood Catholic church. And I'm an atheist! The computers are mostly Mac laptops that still have considerable resale value. But I donate them anyway.

OllieBoi wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:41 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 pm
Think outside your box.
Oh for christ's sake, get off your high horse. You don't know anything about me. You don't know the type of charity work I do. Given your smug air of superiority, you probably can't even imagine that I donate my "old" computers to my neighborhood Catholic church. And I'm an atheist! The computers are mostly Mac laptops that still have considerable resale value. But I donate them anyway.
Wow. Ok

OllieBoi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:43 pmWho is using a Core i3 processor for music?
The thing is, in that list someone linked to, the i3 outperforms Apple's M1 so if people are using that processor for music, I imagine an i3 would do just as well (their scores were close). ANd that's my point - people are raving about how good the M1 is, yet it scores lower than a Core i3, which no-one woudl even think of using for music production.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

My M1 Pro smokes the Intel Mac it replaced. An i3 wouldn’t come close.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

how I wish CPU performance was compared in teraflops and end this back and forth.
dedication to flying

Damn that's alot of strange comments about the i3. Why wouldn't anyone use that for production? Just grandma and people playing solitaire uses that? What?

New i3 wipes floor with mid tier i5s from just a few years ago. (25% faster in this case)

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/I ... 3941vs4125

Bunch of silly elitist nonsense to discard i3 as "grandma's solitaire laptop".

Gotta love how this thread turned from whats the most heavy synth to straight up ARM vs x86 PCMR forum🙂
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”