Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

A wii bit offtopic, but the Syntronik 1 DCO-X Wooden E-Piano and Wind Choirs presets make a nice pairing for the start of a multi, tweaked to taste.

And in the Galaxy synth, Analog Pluk Velo ST, Celestial Pad, and the very rythmic Deneb Algedi Pad, with the Analog Pluk by far, the loudest, and with the release boosted. (sounds from the Chromatic and Synth Pad folders)

glokraw wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:23 am A wii bit offtopic, but ...and in the Galaxy synth, Analog Pluk Velo ST, Celestial Pad, and the very rythmic Deneb Algedi Pad, with the Analog Pluk by far, the loudest, and with the release boosted. (sounds from the Chromatic and Synth Pad folders)
Not off topic at all. Wish more folks were sharing their combo / patch ideas. Really like this second one. Tweaked it a touch, and it's totally usable for stuff I do. This made me realize - I havent spent near enough time putting together my own Multis. Anyway - thank you!

Joe

Somewhat related. I've noticed several of the IK provided patches are way hot, and have to be dialed back.

zzz00m wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:15 pm I decided early on to set Syn 2 to only use the Syntronik 2 path.

In doing so, all of the v1 synth "upgrades" to v2 have so far been installed by my choosing "reinstall", which installs the v1 + v2 presets into the Syn 2 path.

So far I have not had any errors creating and saving patches as you have described.
Yes I get it but once again the point is that allowing IK installers to install content where they want should not cause problems and the end user should not have to "decide" anything to make things function as they should. That's not how installers are supposed to work.

Installers are supposed to do things for you not the other way around. Installers are pointless if the end user has to faff about telling them where to install things.

That's the point I've been trying to get across to IK.... and to you.

If I can ever get IK "support" to actually read my responses instead of asking me the same question that I've already answered over and over again then we might get somewhere.

I can fix things manually here but I'd still like to use Syntronik 1 and Sampletank 3 and now Sampletank 4 CS and Syntronik 2 to load the same content because not everything loads the same in each version.

For example loading my ST3 multis into ST4 doesn't work as it breaks the midi channel assignments and so on.

Again the point is to try and get IK to acknowledge the default install path issue and perhaps address that issue.

There's probably very little chance of that happening based on my interactions so far with "support" but that's the point of the endeavor.

I'm convinced it comes down to what you have installed and in what order it was installed. Someone who just bought in to the group buy and owns no other IK products than Syntronik 2 will likely have no problems. Someone who has multiple versions of multiple different IK products installed at various times in a certain order may come across the issues I had that can be reproduced 100% of the time and are caused by sample path issues even when installing the individual files and simply allowing them to install content where they think is best.

There is (or should not be at least) any room for user error when all the user does is click "next,next, install".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

glokraw wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:23 am A wii bit offtopic, but the Syntronik 1 DCO-X Wooden E-Piano and Wind Choirs presets make a nice pairing for the start of a multi, tweaked to taste.

And in the Galaxy synth, Analog Pluk Velo ST, Celestial Pad, and the very rythmic Deneb Algedi Pad, with the Analog Pluk by far, the loudest, and with the release boosted. (sounds from the Chromatic and Synth Pad folders)
Yes there are so many awesome Multis that can be made by mixing synths.

I've done a ton of Multis going all the way back to Syntronik 1 that I would love to share but there are some compatibility issues when loading in Syn 2 so I'll have to fix them and re-save.

One of the issues when sharing Multis is that everyone has to have the same sample content installed or they won't load as intended. That goes for any sample based synth.

Maybe I'll upload a few multis later today and see if other people can load them without issue. :)

It would be great to see people sharing custom presets and multis here..... :tu:
jdoo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:55 am Somewhat related. I've noticed several of the IK provided patches are way hot, and have to be dialed back.
Yes many of them are way too hot and I like my patches hot. :shrug:

EDIT: Here's a Syntronik 2 Multi I made but someone has already reported that it crashes. What's odd is that the ST4M file is 2,159 KB in size but it zips down to 46 KB which seems like a really extreme compression rate. Maybe someone else could try it and see if it will work:
Belishus Tek.zip
Anyway we're at 20 free, 21 for the price of 1 with 1826 participants so it looks like we'll hit the 2000 mark by the 19th and the group buy will be extended.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:51 pm
jdoo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:55 am Somewhat related. I've noticed several of the IK provided patches are way hot, and have to be dialed back.
Yes many of them are way too hot and I like my patches hot. :shrug:
Sometimes I do too (like em hot :) ). But when I am getting crackle, pops, and noise - right out of the chute with provided presets.. which is easily tamed if I attenuate the filter, osc levels, or something else in the chain.. It feels like some of the patches were just copy/pasted from prior versions, and not tweaked for the new set. All good.. frankly - i would be adjusting to taste, modifying anyway. More importantly - it's easily fixed. :clap:

I just loaded your multi "Belishus Tek". It's working here? What I realize now though... the Multi's are going onto my main drive under user. :( There is about 42 GB of stuff there ( user/Documents/IK Multimedia). This software doesnt mind dropping huge files everywhere... :lol:

So - the current count is up to 21 in the group buy. Original + 20. Yesterday, i moved all my IK stuff over to a spare 600 GB external SSD. Thankfully, that went smooth. What worked for me - on a Mac / OSX 10.13.2 :
Opened S2- went to Settings - Library (Syntronik Sound Content)
In Finder - I moved the four directories and all their content I was pointing to - to the new SSD
This took f o r e v e r -- as there was 486GB of stuff and growing... as i add more group buy instruments.
When the file moves completed, I removed the old paths from the setting screen.. and closed S2. The rebuild happened when I fired up S2. Everything works in S2.

S1. Well -- all my S1 stuff was moved too :) - so it complained when I opened it. So in the S1 Settings / Library page - I changed it to point to the new SSD. In S1 - I had to rescan instruments on that page. But it is working also.

So - on OSX .. for me.. moving all the Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2 content to an external SSD was pretty straight forward, and worked. I was fortunate to have a spare 600GB external SSD / enclosure for this stuff..

Meanwhile, earlier today:

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That chart always reminds me of something a corporation would use in a shareholder's meeting to confuse people into thinking the company is making a profit when in fact it's losing money hand over fist. :hihi:

Anyway at the time of this post we're at 1875 with 25 left to the next level (it dropped six in just the last few minutes) so it looks like 2,000 is definitely going to happen by the 19th.

We might get the next freebie in the next few hours but to be honest I've got most of the ones I want so far. If we get to 33 the last few will be ones that I will download and back up but probably not install.

Ok this morning at the time of this post we're at 1987. Only 13 more to go so we should hit the 2000 in a very short time so the GB will be extended to at least the end of the month and Peter mentioned something about unlocking Multis so we'll see what that's about...

So 22 for the price for one with another freebie just a matter of an hour or so away.... :tu:

So, I took the bait and jumped into the GB this afternoon.

I already had Syntronik Deluxe fully installed (from the big GB last year). So have the 22 original version 1 synths installed. I'm download the 11 new synths' sound content first, then I'll look at updating the 22 originals. So that this doesn't take a lifetime, do I need to fully redownload the 22 original synths to update all their sound content, or will the instrument updater just add the new version 2 presets into their folders? So, for example, if I look under Syntronik 2 J-60, there is a tab called Sounds, and that reveals a download called "Syntronik 2 J-60 Instruments Updater". It's just 100MB, but is that all I need since I already have 1.8GB of files downloaded for the original J-80 which came with Syntroniok 1 Deluxe?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG
Woot!
kevingham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:31 pm So, I took the bait and jumped into the GB this afternoon.

I already had Syntronik Deluxe fully installed (from the big GB last year). So have the 22 original version 1 synths installed. I'm download the 11 new synths' sound content first, then I'll look at updating the 22 originals. So that this doesn't take a lifetime, do I need to fully redownload the 22 original synths to update all their sound content, or will the instrument updater just add the new version 2 presets into their folders? So, for example, if I look under Syntronik 2 J-60, there is a tab called Sounds, and that reveals a download called "Syntronik 2 J-60 Instruments Updater". It's just 100MB, but is that all I need since I already have 1.8GB of files downloaded for the original J-80 which came with Syntroniok 1 Deluxe?

Thanks.
I started installing the some of the classic/V1 synths. These installs are going really fast - I reckon it's because I already had Syntronik 1 Deluxe from last year's GB. Looks like it's only downloading & installing the Syn2 files and presets.

Also, the new Syn2 versions of the classic synths are showing up as separate sound banks in the IK product manager.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jbl4311wx wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:22 pm
I started installing the some of the classic/V1 synths. These installs are going really fast - I reckon it's because I already had Syntronik 1 Deluxe from last year's GB. Looks like it's only downloading & installing the Syn2 files and presets.

Also, the new Syn2 versions of the classic synths are showing up as separate sound banks in the IK product manager.
From watching what's it's doing when downloading the files, I think on your computer it is downloading the sound content to the same location as you downloaded the sound content for Syntronik Deluxe last year, which I'm assuming you didn't delete the download zip files, and it is immediately finding those original zips, skips them, and just downloads the new content. I'm pretty sure that the only new content it needs to download is this "Instruments Updater" zip file (at ~ 100MB) but I'm just wanting to get confirmation from anyone who has done this and has successfully fully installed and updated all of the original 22 synths using this method.

I've tried to find information on the IKM site as to what this individual "Intruments Updater" file is for and to confrim if it is what I think its is, but can't find anything.

Okay, here is a dumb question. I don't have enough hard drive space on my laptop (used with Gig Performer) for all these synths. So, I would download and install one synth and then "select" the others, which will be available for 180 days via the download manager (as I understand it). During this 180 days I would probably get a solid state external drive to connect to my laptop).

1. Does that seem correct?

2. If I was going to install one synth for possible use for an 80s cover band (While I am figuring out my hard drive situation), which one would you pick?

Jeff
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

jeffn1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:58 pm Okay, here is a dumb question. I don't have enough hard drive space on my laptop (used with Gig Performer) for all these synths. So, I would download and install one synth and then "select" the others, which will be available for 180 days via the download manager (as I understand it). During this 180 days I would probably get a solid state external drive to connect to my laptop).

1. Does that seem correct?

2. If I was going to install one synth for possible use for an 80s cover band (While I am figuring out my hard drive situation), which one would you pick?

Jeff
See if this helps: https://mixdownmag.com.au/features/the- ... the-1980s/

Also, you will get a handful of presets from all the instruments when you install Syntronik 2 CS.

kevingham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:50 pm I've tried to find information on the IKM site as to what this individual "Intruments Updater" file is for and to confrim if it is what I think its is, but can't find anything.
All of the Syn2 classic synths I've installed so far using the IK product manager are downloading two files, one of them looks like the updater. My guess is you need both the Syn2 zip for the instrument and the updater. The original Syn1 downloads are in a different folder - Syntronik Deluxe.
Capture.PNG
You can also download the sounds directly from the My Products page:
Capture2.PNG
Also, the Syn2 classic synths are showing up as new instruments in the sounds tab:
Capture3.PNG

Return to “Instruments”