Spire v1.0 Preset doesnt sound the same in later Spire?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spire

hi guys i just loaded an old project with Spire v1.0 and thankfully it was loaded correctly, then i saved the presets and then loaded in Spire v1.19 but they dont sound the same :/
any tips? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Spire underwent a DSP engine rework in version 1.1.0, and, some sounds may not sound the same anymore.

I think you can install version 1.0.22, which obviously was the last version before the DSP engine change, in parallel to newer versions though, I think. Try to download it from here: https://reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/spire ... s-versions

Nonetheless it surprises me that they don't sound the same. IIRC, Reveal Sound said that they made sure that presets don't sound different because of the engine re-write. But, dunno.

chk071 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 pm Spire underwent a DSP engine rework in version 1.1.0, and, some sounds may not sound the same anymore.

I think you can install version 1.0.22, which obviously was the last version before the DSP engine change, in parallel to newer versions though, I think. Try to download it from here: https://reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/spire ... s-versions

Nonetheless it surprises me that they don't sound the same. IIRC, Reveal Sound said that they made sure that presets don't sound different because of the engine re-write. But, dunno.
thx a lot! i got some more old projects i remember i used Spire a lot when i first got it!
im glad it seems it still works side by side and loads so far without problems. im gonna test more presets and see how they sound, i keep you updated! :). i thought maybe they sound a bit enhanced or whatever but not TOTALLY different...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I have both versions on my system. Pre 1.5 (1.0.22) and the most current (1.5.11) and the presets sound identical to me.

Was this a custom preset? If so, send to me and I would be willing to compare.

Jon

Edit- I kept both on my system since the VST name changed and older projects used an older version.

chk071 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 pm I think you can install version 1.0.22, which obviously was the last version before the DSP engine change, in parallel to newer versions though, I think. Try to download it from here: https://reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/spire ... s-versions

:o
1.0.22 saved my old works.
I even double-checked the sounding and everything was good.

Return to “Instruments”