Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

kidslow wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Pinku Eiga wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:34 pm In the case of the Universal apps, it's essential that they are in the database. Because it's the only way of knowing if they are ARM native, and not wasting your money.
None of this is "essential" and I am thankful that Teilo is helping out the community by aggregating the data at all. Seems like there is an opportunity for you to create a database of iOS apps that are ARM native.
Once again: iOS apps marked as installable on Mac and Universal apps are completely different entities as teilo has said.

Universal apps are Mac apps. They are essential because there is not a way of knowing if they are M1 native. And indeed, they were already in the database.

And I'm fine with iOS apps marked as installable (completely different entities to Universal apps) not included.

But to show how wrong you are: all the iOS apps marked as installable on Mac, but not included in the Mac section (so, they AREN'T UNIVERSAL), 100% of them are M1 native. And they can only run on M1 Macs, not Intel Macs, contrary to Universal apps.

So no need of creating a database with native iOS apps, because all of them are.

Other thing is to have small list of what iOS apps listed as installable on Mac BUT NOT TESTED BY THE DEVELOPERS can really work correctly on a Mac. Which is a completely different story.

You're trying to create a controversy with me, not even knowing what you are talking about.

M1 support added today:
Martinic Kee Bass 1.1.0

possibly other Martinic plugins?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Pinku Eiga wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:23 pm You're trying to create a controversy with me, not even knowing what you are talking about.
You don't seem to understand the point I have been making, so to put it in plain terms, if tracking anything is so essential to you, I suggest you create your own thread and database to track such things. I do just fine finding most of this information on my own, but I still appreciate that folks like Teilo are aggregating it. That's the point I have been trying to repeatedly make. To be blunt I don't much care about all these details you are getting hung up on, and you're coming across like an entitled twat without even realizing it.

If you did start your own thread and database, and I found value in it that perhaps I fail to see at the moment. I would like to hope that I would express thanks and appreciation for that. :hug: At this point all I see you doing is yammering on and trying to engage in a pissing match over the minutia of apps within the Apple ecosystem.
Last edited by kidslow on Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jamcat wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:27 pm M1 support added today:
Martinic Kee Bass 1.1.0

AX73 was previously released as M1. Martinic keeps a helpful Changelog on their website for each plugin.

kidslow wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:42 pm
jamcat wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:27 pm M1 support added today:
Martinic Kee Bass 1.1.0

AX73 was previously released as M1. Martinic keeps a helpful Changelog on their website for each plugin.
Far as I can tell the only mention of M1 for the AX73 is the change log says a bug in M1 AU was fixed. Were it not for that bug fix, there would be no mention of M1 support at all. So the M1 status of other Martinic plugins is not specified.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Audiomodern Panflow is native out of the box at version 1.0.0.

Their Filterstep plugin is also native and is missing on the list. I'm not sure at what version it went universal though.
Image Image Image Image

jamcat wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:10 pm
Far as I can tell the only mention of M1 for the AX73 is the change log says a bug in M1 AU was fixed. Were it not for that bug fix, there would be no mention of M1 support at all. So the M1 status of other Martinic plugins is not specified.
Hear, hear. I have a policy of not buying any unsupported plugins, I'm sure a lot of Silicon users are the same. It's just not a good future investment. So I'd say not mentioning it on your website means you are missing out on potential sales.

To a lesser extent that is also true for at least some kind of acknowledgement that it is coming. Some devs haven't even done that (Neural DSP, Flux, Wavesfactory on my list for example). Not a good look after almost 2 years.

The M1 Autotune EFX update doesn't remember settings and constantly crashes for me. Great work Antares!

jamcat wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:10 pm Far as I can tell the only mention of M1 for the AX73 is the change log says a bug in M1 AU was fixed. Were it not for that bug fix, there would be no mention of M1 support at all. So the M1 status of other Martinic plugins is not specified.
It is native.

sprnva wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:49 am Audiomodern Panflow is native out of the box at version 1.0.0.

Their Filterstep plugin is also native and is missing on the list. I'm not sure at what version it went universal though.
Filterstep's been in the DB since March.

EDIT: Ah. Yeah, in the DB, but hidden. When I checked it last, it was not native. v1.1.2 is now native.

Pinku Eiga wrote:.
kidslow wrote:.
If you guys are not done with the arguing, please take it to DM. Thank you.

putte wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm teilo, is there a way to donate some money to you?
Nope, and I prefer it that way.

Venn Audio V-Clip

Update: MacOS M1 Native version of the plugin for Apple M1 Silicon machines is now available!

https://www.vennaudio.com/product/v-clip/

Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference beta release is now native. Version 5.3.0.

https://www.sonarworks.com/support/soun ... 0019451019

Pinku Eiga wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 am Talking about iPad apps that can be installed on M1 Macs and run natively, Drambo is one of the most powerful modular synthesizers and it runs flawlessly on Mac. Also, after the recent 2.0 update released last week, now in addition to an experimental modular synth, a groovebox and an AUv3 host, it's also a competent DAW with a clip launcher that can also save automations.

https://apps.apple.com/es/app/drambo/id1469365718

In Mac, the standalone app is essential, because it can load most of the iOS AUv3 units that fail to run on Logic.

But even if you're not interested in having an AUv3 host to run your iOS synths in Mac, this is one of the most powerful contemporary synthesizers with UNLIMITED possibilities. And it includes an AUv3 unit that can be loaded into Logic or Reaper to have various instances. Take into account that due to limitations of the AUv3 format, the AUv3 plugin can't be used to load other AUv3 modules.

Drambo also has a Patchstorage page, in which you can download a lot of patches and wild experiments made by other users.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/
I'm really interested in getting Drambo for my Mac Mini M1. How well does the pinch to zoom and other hand gestures work with a basic mouse?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”