Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

jbl4311wx wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 pm
kevingham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:50 pm I've tried to find information on the IKM site as to what this individual "Intruments Updater" file is for and to confrim if it is what I think its is, but can't find anything.
All of the Syn2 classic synths I've installed so far using the IK product manager are downloading two files, one of them looks like the updater. My guess is you need both the Syn2 zip for the instrument and the updater. The original Syn1 downloads are in a different folder - Syntronik Deluxe.

Capture.PNG

You can also download the sounds directly from the My Products page:

Capture2.PNG

Also, the Syn2 classic synths are showing up as new instruments in the sounds tab:

Capture3.PNG
The easy way to get the full Syn2 instrument to install (both zip files) is to click on "more options" in IKPM, then "Reinstall Library".
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Belishus Tek Multi is opening here as well. I only have Syntronik 2,never bought v1
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

To guarantee getting the max, you need to spread the word and encourage others to join (or join again yourself ;))

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

We're at 24 for the price of 1 now. If someone buys in again they only get another 9 for the price of 1.

I would suggest only joining again at the last minute (if they don't extend it again) and only if you're desperate to get all 33.

As of the time of this post: 2129 participants, 23 free, 71 to the next freebie, 13 days remaining.

I think we should get 2 or 3 more freebies at least.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:07 pm If someone buys in again they only get another 9 for the price of 1.
Are you sure about this? I logged out and went back to the product page and the deal still says you get 24 for the price of 1.

Zipede wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:07 pm If someone buys in again they only get another 9 for the price of 1.
Are you sure about this? I logged out and went back to the product page and the deal still says you get 24 for the price of 1.
Yes...if you already bought in you'll get 24 for the price of 1 (at the time of this post). But if you buy in again you'll only get an additional 9 free for the price of one. There are only 33 instruments in total.

If you buy in a second time now you'll end up with all 33 but if you wait until near the end we might have already reached 33 or close to it and you would have paid again just to get the few more free that were missed (if any) depending on if the GB is extended again or what final total we hit.

Like I said I suggest waiting. If the GB falls short and you really need all 33 then you can buy in again. If it hits 33 or you don't need them all you would have bought in twice for nothing.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am hoping it reaches all 33. I will be honest, I am pretty clueless about these synths. But, I suspect with this group buy I should be able to replicate pretty much any song my band(s) might want to do. However, I don't know which synths to pass on if it does not reach max.

Any thoughts on that?

What are the (let's say) 5-10 synths that you would pass on if you were using this for live performance (via Gig Performer) in a rock/pop (some dance) cover band (let's say 60s to today)?
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Zipede wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm
Yes...if you already bought in you'll get 24 for the price of 1 (at the time of this post). But if you buy in again you'll only get an additional 9 free for the price of one. There are only 33 instruments in total.

If you buy in a second time now you'll end up with all 33 but if you wait until near the end we might have already reached 33 or close to it and you would have paid again just to get the few more free that were missed (if any) depending on if the GB is extended again or what final total we hit.

Like I said I suggest waiting. If the GB falls short and you really need all 33 then you can buy in again. If it hits 33 or you don't need them all you would have bought in twice for nothing.
Ah OK, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that if someone started a new deal, they could only get a total of 9 synths.

jeffn1 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:53 pm I am hoping it reaches all 33. I will be honest, I am pretty clueless about these synths. But, I suspect with this group buy I should be able to replicate pretty much any song my band(s) might want to do. However, I don't know which synths to pass on if it does not reach max.

Any thoughts on that?

What are the (let's say) 5-10 synths that you would pass on if you were using this for live performance (via Gig Performer) in a rock/pop (some dance) cover band (let's say 60s to today)?
That's such a subjective question. :?

I would pass on the string machines since I hate them but you may need them for your band.

I would pass on the TB303 if it doesn't reach 33 and to me the Bully is redundant. The VCF3 might not be something you'd need. The Modulum is nothing but drum sounds so you could probably live without it....

But again it's so hard to tell someone what they may need or prefer. The good news is at this point you've only got to exclude 9 of the synths so it's not like you've got to pass on many.

We've added 6 participants since I posted about 3 1/2 hours ago so it's still moving along with just under 13 days to go.

We may not make 3000 by then but I think we may get close enough that IK might extend it again.

Thanks for responding. That was very helpful!

Yes, I tried to be a "bit" objective by describing the purposes of the synths (rock/pop cover band, especially 80s, but 60s to today).

I suppose another criteria for what to pass on is other free synths with (free) presets that cover the territory equally well.

We'll see what happens....

Let the band decide? ;)

On this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p?p=synths there are some audio samples to audition., for each synth.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hah, they'll even have (way) less of a clue than I do!

Probably knock out the two that are described as "rare".

You mentioned one (VCF3). The other is the GS-V.

But, I am guessing the odds are they will eventually reach the goal one way or another.

I'm reading about Syntronik 2 on their website due to the big group buy thing that's happening right now. I'm having trouble figuring out. Are the synths you can buy from them actual _synths_ or just _romplers_ that have sounsd sampled from those synths?

Further reading seems to indicated, they sample a bunch of versions of the synth's basic oscs and then provide synth-y tools (the same set for each synth) to manipulate that sampled sound.

There's an image of their "editing" (i.e. filter, lfo, env, etc) panel on their website but it's too small to see what all is on offer so I'm continuing to look for a list of all the editing options they provide.

Don't get me started.....Romplers are synths.

Anyway these are not emulations they are sampled representations of the synths but there are additional editing capabilities added in Synthronik 2.

The Edit page has 4 main Oscs, 2 Sub Oscs, Filters with 7 different Filter types each with variants, a 32 slot Mod Matrix, 6 LFOs, 4 Envs, Glide, Osc Drift etc.

You can load different wavesets from the same instrument in each of the Oscs, set semi and fine pitch pan etc.

Oh and you can have up to 4 layers each with its own Split Points, FX chain and Arp/Seq.

The bottom line is Synthonik is capable of some wonderful sounds but no you don't get (up to) 33 direct emulations for $50.

Not sure what the KVR compression will do to this screenshot but we'll give it a try:

Syn 2 Edit Page.png
Syn Filters.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”