2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm Made a noisy appearance (intro sound) in today's demo:
Nice!

Nice, one of the better intros IMHO.

elxsound wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm Made a noisy appearance (intro sound) in today's demo:
Awesome! Def one of the better ones, to be sure. Loved the use of the voice! :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 pm
Awesome! Def one of the better ones, to be sure. Loved the use of the voice! :tu:
yeah, that was cool, clever too, first one ive heard use the voice? at least to a point you know what it's saying?

i like the little community they have going, just people chatting, and sharing patches and reels
good times 8)

Great job Josiah, you should moonlight as an intro creator guy. :tu:

elxsound wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:50 pm
pekbro wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:16 pm That meris pedal is nice, dunno if I would replace my Timeline with it though. It's expensive, that's for sure. Similar in price to the Soma Cosmos.
I think it’s appeal is less with standard delay options and more with experimental, Chase Bliss territory.
It’s also kind of a greatest hits pedal, pulling bits from Otobit, Polymoon, Hedra and Enzo pedals. Then they added a looper, a new pitch algorithm, some decent modulation possibilities and a little screen.
The delay timing controls make it very flexible.

There’s a longer list of what it can do, but I’m not sure that I’d want to use all those options in a pedal format.

I’m leaning more towards wanting my pedals to do just a single thing really well otherwise I want it to be an actual desktop effect with a UI designed for table top use instead of a pedal that can be used on a desktop.

As it stands, I think I would like Oto Bim more than LVX just for the added character.
Yeah, the Timeline does much stuff as well, which is why I don't really need another thing
to do that. Mostly it's the cost, and I am more interested in analog delays anyway. You
never can tell though, I have yet to collect any meris pedals. :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:29 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 pm
yeah, that was cool, clever too, first one ive heard use the voice? at least to a point you know what it's saying?

i like the little community they have going, just people chatting, and sharing patches and reels
good times 8)
I heard one other that did the voice and it wasn’t what I would have done, so that’s when I decided to do one too!

The voice was processed through Morphagene, so have no fear, that’s not my normal taking voice.

Thank you guys for checking it out. Aside from basic editing (cuts/timing placement) and an EQ for Hp/LP cuts I kept it Make Noise original.
For all I wanted to do, I would need more modules to make that happen. Definitely a good excuse to expand the rack.

I want Moog Sub :)

Screenshot_2022-05-19-15-04-49-992.jpg
sadly, probably my next hardware purchase will be more like this :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Done a few little jobs this week on the side and so I just went shopping today at Juno UK
coming tomorrow is the Erica Synths Black Sequencer

Last night I pre-ordered x2 Black Tip Top Audio Mantis cases from Thomann not due out until August but they look fab.

Happy days :tu:

ooh nice!

foosnark wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:28 pm Aurora: this could be potentially neat at times, but it's probably very easy to overdo it.
Yes, I've considered that to be a potential issue as well. Thus far it definitely has a signature 'sound' (to my ears) that could become one of those "rings into clouds" same-old/same-old things. We'll have to see, with more exposure.

However... there's this, and given its core functions, some interesting things could be developed: :tu:
Qu-Bit wrote:Aurora is coded in C++, but the Daisy platform offers a bunch of
different supported languages (Max/MSP Gen~, Pure Data, etc.).
Aurora itself will have a full SDK released at or shortly after the official release date (May 24) for users to use Aurora as a codable Daisy platform.
.... and the lights look really cool.

Aurora Stereo Spectral Reverb.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 am
foosnark wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:28 pm Aurora: this could be potentially neat at times, but it's probably very easy to overdo it.
Yes, I've considered that to be a potential issue as well. Thus far it definitely has a signature 'sound' (to my ears) that could become one of those "rings into clouds" same-old/same-old things. We'll have to see, with more exposure.

However... there's this, and given its core functions, some interesting things could be developed: :tu:
Qu-Bit wrote:Aurora is coded in C++, but the Daisy platform offers a bunch of
different supported languages (Max/MSP Gen~, Pure Data, etc.).
Aurora itself will have a full SDK released at or shortly after the official release date (May 24) for users to use Aurora as a codable Daisy platform.
.... and the lights look really cool.

Aurora Stereo Spectral Reverb.png
This is really such an interesting module. I keep coming back to it and yeah, admittedly the lights play a role in that. I don't know what they mean by "alternate instruments" but I can see lots of subtle and not-so-subtle uses for sound designing.
I don't know if it'll be this year vs the next but I think this would be a fun one to work with.

vurt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 pm Screenshot_2022-05-19-15-04-49-992.jpg

sadly, probably my next hardware purchase will be more like this :cry:
I see plenty of room for speakers!

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 am .... and the lights look really cool.
There is that. :hihi:

It would be fun to create a rack just for the light show features:

Qu-Bit Aurora
Instruo Arbhar
4ms SMR
Erica Plasma Drive
vpme QD

And you'd have to have a 4U case just for the Buchla 252e :love:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”