Kilohearts Updates the Entire Kilohearts Ecosystem to v2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

dionenoid wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:29 pm They also changed their bundles.. for instance.. https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_essentials

the free one has a lot more stuff now.

So only much fewer are paid add ons now...... makes the $99 Phase Plant sale much better that if you bought it in the last sale.

rsp
https://kilohearts.com/pricing_update
I still hate their whole business model. Why do they make me hunt for what the $99 version comes with?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

To top it all off, there's a free version of Asteroids in Snap Heap. What's not to like!?

So did they finally add the granular engine?

this free update rocks!!!!

The 3 month limit is a joke, they announced that V2 was coming much further back than that, but anyone who bought on that promise is now left to hang dry... Not the smoothest way to treat paying customers...

I bought most of the snapins that are now free using vouchers over the last 12 months, I got them for bargain prices so dont feel Ive lost much. I think with the V2 upgrade and the increased collection of free effects, this is a great effects package and should definitely attract more people to their offerings :tu:

Apparently it is now wrong for a company to give its users free upgrades for life?
Guys, maybe you should be more grateful, they are saving you a lot of money in future upgrades

simmo75 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 pm So did they finally add the granular engine?
No, not for this update, but it is often requested, and I believe it will be coming in an update soon.

Snap Heap doesn’t open and blocks Live when there’s no internet connection. Meh.

As a newcomer to kilohearts this is really nice. These plugins all sound very nice and are easy to use, can't say i tried them before.

I liked the look of phaseplant but never got round to trying it, this certainly got me to look at it again. A good move all round i reckon.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:31 pm
dionenoid wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:29 pm They also changed their bundles.. for instance.. https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_essentials

the free one has a lot more stuff now.

So only much fewer are paid add ons now...... makes the $99 Phase Plant sale much better that if you bought it in the last sale.

rsp
https://kilohearts.com/pricing_update
I still hate their whole business model. Why do they make me hunt for what the $99 version comes with?
You aren't alone in that, I despise it. They keep moving the goalposts.

Don't get me wrong I like the FX and PP, and using SH and MP is great for design purposes. But their business modelling is laughable.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 am But their business modelling is laughable.
You're only pissed because some of the stuff you bought is now free.
More BPM please

I don't understand the confusion. Phase Plant doesn't come with any FX. Separately, for free, you can acquire the Kilohearts Essentials bundle, which contains almost all their FX for use in any of their hosts (including PP). If you want to see exactly what's included in the bundle, all you have to do is scroll down a bit on their main page and click the link to the bundle description. Their pricing used to be a lot more convoluted but it's pretty straightforward now.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

projectdan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 am I bought most of the snapins that are now free using vouchers over the last 12 months, I got them for bargain prices so dont feel Ive lost much. I think with the V2 upgrade and the increased collection of free effects, this is a great effects package and should definitely attract more people to their offerings :tu:
That sounds pretty much like what my brother said after loosing some thousands that he had invested in stocks and crypto currencys. "You know its not that bad, I've earned most of it before!".

But bro - you could have known better?

For as long as I can remember people have been posting that the stock fx should be included when you buy PP, now they are people are complaining they are included.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”