Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

bmanic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:39 pm Prophet-5 V:

Never been a huge fan of the basic sound of this synth. It's just too buzzy/thick to my liking. The Arturia model is even more fuzzy in it's oscillators.. especially the saw. It does calm down a tiny bit by oversampling it to 192kHz (which is the highest rate it supports, bugging out at 384kHz and above). Still.. I guess it's probably a very close emulation but I just don't like it. I also thoroughly dislike that we need to use up two modulation slots in the keyboard tracking just to make it velocity sensitive. Annoying. This one is "meh.." at best.
I just checked this one out today and I’m in agreement. It’s not as good as RePro, and definitely much further away from my Prophet 6. Repro can get very close with a slight difference that I can best describe as a bit more focused sounding. Prophet 5 V just sounds much thinner and the audio rate polymod just sounds kind of bad on the high notes. Maybe aliasing? So far it’s my least favorite of the update. I feel like they need to go back and brush this one up.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Arashi wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 am Their plugins have some significant usability problems, and unfortunately each one is made by a different team, so they aren't even consistent. Korg needs some serious help in the UI department.
Good suggestion! :tu:

Other than that, they sound great!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Anybody noticed that the latest update of OP-Xa V broke Native Instruments NKS compatibility? I can no longer load presets through Maschine nor native kontrol software. Double clicking a preset or selecting one from hardware will result in a "couldn't find plugin" error message.

Anybody found a solution to this? Also, anybody know where I can download the previous version of OP-Xa to downgrade?

EDIT: Found the archives to download previous versions.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

And you of course rescanned the NKS's from within Maschine and or KK right?
rsp
sound sculptist

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:56 am I just checked this one out today and I’m in agreement. It’s not as good as RePro, and definitely much further away from my Prophet 6. Repro can get very close with a slight difference that I can best describe as a bit more focused sounding. Prophet 5 V just sounds much thinner and the audio rate polymod just sounds kind of bad on the high notes. Maybe aliasing? So far it’s my least favorite of the update. I feel like they need to go back and brush this one up.
Well they are two different models of Prophet V so I would think they would be a little off from one another.. IIRC, Arturias is an SSM rev 2, and u-He modeled a CEM rev 3.

zzz00m wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:08 pm Good suggestion! :tu:

Other than that, they sound great!
Totally agree. Even the old ones still sound great. And their ARP Odyssey emulation is phenomenal. I’m a big fan of Korg.
Stormchild

zvenx wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 pm And you of course rescanned the NKS's from within Maschine and or KK right?
rsp
This is the key. After installing or updating anything that supports NKS, you must open Komplete Kontrol and Maschine and allow them to rescan before using them within a DAW. It happens automatically; look for the spinner at the top of the sidebar.
Stormchild

Anyone here who has:
- Purchased the Prophet-5 V or Prophet-VS V separately, or
- Upgraded their Prophet V3 to one of the new ones?

Want to know if it influences the price to Crossgrade to V Collection 9.

Arashi wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 am
zvenx wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 pm And you of course rescanned the NKS's from within Maschine and or KK right?
rsp
This is the key. After installing or updating anything that supports NKS, you must open Komplete Kontrol and Maschine and allow them to rescan before using them within a DAW. It happens automatically; look for the spinner at the top of the sidebar.
There is a definite bug though with NKS and the new versions so that won’t help in this case. I think the NKS patches were released prematurely.

I was stuck at V4 and didn’t upgrade until recently to V8.
V8 was quite fantastic already, particularly both Rolands. Plus the Buchla, Synthi, Emulator, OB-Xa, CZ, CMI and Synclavier: all new to me and pretty, pretty good.
But now Vangelis died and V9 brought the upgraded CS-80, simply perfect. Same goes for the new Prophet VS (and the P5). Finally, I just love Augmented Strings (and Voices) in their advanced guise, fully tweakable. Not into the MS-20 (as I have the Korg emu) nor the SQ-80 (as the Prophet VS does hybrid digital-analog with CEM filter so much better).
Yep, finally I’m in love again with the Arturia V Collection. Even got me a MiniFuse, the only portable interface with an extra USB port for my iLok. Well done!

Was gonna say that this is a great update and I actually kind of like the piano now but damn... Had no idea about Vangelis. Sadness.

This cursed GAS of mine made me cave. I just had to update after testing the SQ80. Damn that thing is amazingly close to what I remember from my time with the Ensoniq! Am I crazy or is it really that close??? It also works at 8x oversampling (384kHz) which very nicely takes away virtually all the aliasing of the VCA and filter. Though it is possible it makes the actual DCO's less "real".. who cares. It sounds awesome!

I'm really starting to like these latest offerings from Arturia. They have definitely gotten a lot better at this emulation thing. Seems like they are especially good at the digital emulations.

So yeah, the SQ80 took me over the edge as I now really like the MS20, SQ80 and the Prophet VS.. and I also think the new Piano sounds a lot better than the previous one. I also finally installed the Augmented stuff and tested the advanced versions.. there are some excellent samples within this collection so even this now seems like some value.

Yeah, now I promise that I'M DONE! NO MORE PURCHASES THIS YEAR! Hardware OR software! (except the Hydrasynth that I still am going to get). :hihi:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:09 amYeah, now I promise that I'M DONE! NO MORE PURCHASES THIS YEAR! Hardware OR software! (except the Hydrasynth that I still am going to get). :hihi:
Thats what i said until this update came out then the Phase Plant v2 sale....

bmanic wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:09 am
I'm really starting to like these latest offerings from Arturia. They have definitely gotten a lot better at this emulation thing. Seems like they are especially good at the digital emulations.
Yeah I use the SQ80, Emulator II, CMI all of the time, they are awesome. Also the DX7 with its sysex compatiblity is great, but I have replaced that one for plogue ops7.

Also shoutout for the Solina, that one is my standard stringsynth on top of other parts.
Ow and the Mtron, not much spoken of in these forums but it is very powerful when editing the samples etc in the advanded layer

And Piano V is really nice and tweakable in the right spots for me.

OK, on the nagging end of things. I am not pleased with the new pricing strategies of Arturia.
In the past, you could upgrade from any version for the same price. Not anymore. Also there is a counter running on the discount prices. I don t like this pushy kind of behavior as they weren t like that in the past.

I first bought a few separate Arturia instruments, upgraded to the collection once, upgraded the collection twice, bought pigments separately, bought fx modules separately. That s being a loyal customer in my book.

And now I would have to pay 60% of the total price (300 euro instead of 500 euro) for yet another upgrade.
Hmmm, you were fair to loyal customers in the past (one of the reasons i ve always been a fan of Arturia) but this isn t very fair in my view. :(

(OK, 300 euro in the hardware world is not much money but that is not my point).

Return to “Instruments”