Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

teilo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:45 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS :x
It's almost certain that T-RackS 6 will be native, and a paid upgrade.
Yes, it's looking like T-RackS 6. But it probably won't be a paid upgrade for existing T-RackS gear, since the base Custom Shop (T-RackS CS) is free and unlocks the gear you already own.

But it's pretty disappointing to realise we're probably still at least 6 months away from native Apple Silicon versions of our 50+ T-RackS plugins.

(The previous T-RackS update, v5.8.0, was released in late November 2021, 6 months ago.)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

IK Mixbox as native would be great, it runs fine in Rosetta 2, but I would like to get rid of all Rosetta 2 plug ins soon.

The biggest one for me is Reason. The AU Rack version doesn't support MIDI out in most DAWs so it's crippled for what I want to do with it until they go Apple Silicon and we can use the VST3 version natively. My guess is they don't get the native version out until the beginning of Fall knowing them though.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:58 pm

It will be great if someone with more Glitchmachines plugins purchased via Plugin Boutique, can check if some of the others have been updated.

EDIT: I will answer my own question, all the others have been updated, checking the description of each one in Plugin Boutique. I downloaded the Hysteresis installer, which it's free, and now it's also M1 native.

Other company that contrary to Native Instruments, seems to have its complete portfolio running natively.
Hell yea, Glitchmachines! I get Convex and Subvert back! love these plugins.

Will probably buy Tactic now too

machinesworking wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:16 pm IK Mixbox as native would be great, it runs fine in Rosetta 2, but I would like to get rid of all Rosetta 2 plug ins soon.

The biggest one for me is Reason. The AU Rack version doesn't support MIDI out in most DAWs so it's crippled for what I want to do with it until they go Apple Silicon and we can use the VST3 version natively. My guess is they don't get the native version out until the beginning of Fall knowing them though.
Aside from a few outliers I've just been removing them all off my system until they're someday updated in the future. I'm surprised by how much space IK Multimedia was taking up on my drive and I haven't missed them... yet. It has felt good purging my plugin clutter down to the devs I most respect.

jamcat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm Still not Apple Silicon native: T-RackS :x
That almost certainly will NOT be the case. Here's what they'll almost certainly do:

1. Announce T-Racks 6 is for pre-order - it will include some new models and some new features
2. There will NOT be an upgrade price from T-Racks 5, but there will be a crossgrade price everyone gets
3. IK will call out that T-Racks 6 will include M1 support
4. It will be vague as to whether you actually have to pay to get M1 support by upgrading
5. They'll eventually mention in a forum that there will be a free "CS" version and all your existing T-Racks modules will still work in that version, with full M1 compatibility*
6. Because they prefix plugins with "TR5", these will be "TR6" plugins and all your old sessions with T-Racks plugins will need to be manually replaced

*It seems to me like they intentionally keep this a little vague to try to entice people into upgrading to get M1 support when they don't need to actually pay for it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:29 pm
That almost certainly will NOT be the case. Here's what they'll almost certainly do:

1. Announce T-Racks 6 is for pre-order - it will include some new models and some new features
2. There will NOT be an upgrade price from T-Racks 5, but there will be a crossgrade price everyone gets
4. It will be vague as to whether you actually have to pay to get M1 support by upgrading
5. They'll eventually mention in a forum that there will be a free "CS" version and all your existing T-Racks modules will still work in that version, with full M1 compatibility*
6. Because they prefix plugins with "TR5", these will be "TR6" plugins and all your old sessions with T-Racks plugins will need to be manually replaced

*It seems to me like they intentionally keep this a little vague to try to entice people into upgrading to get M1 support when they don't need to actually pay for it.
You just said that T-Racks 6 will be native, and a paid upgrade. Upgrade/crossgrade is just semantics.

teilo wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:29 pm

You just said that T-Racks 6 will be native, and a paid upgrade. Upgrade/crossgrade is just semantics.
No, the important bit is: there will be a free "Tracks CS" version, and all of your existing modules will work with that and be upgraded for free. That's been the MO for a while now. You won't need to pay a dime to make all of your existing T-Racks modules work as T-Racks 6 plugins, but they'll make it seem you do.

See what I mean about how they seem to keep this intentionally vague and confusing?

Tronam wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:21 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:16 pm IK Mixbox as native would be great, it runs fine in Rosetta 2, but I would like to get rid of all Rosetta 2 plug ins soon.

Aside from a few outliers I've just been removing them all off my system until they're someday updated in the future. I'm surprised by how much space IK Multimedia was taking up on my drive and I haven't missed them... yet. It has felt good purging my plugin clutter down to the devs I most respect.
Big ones for me are: Audio Ease Altiverb, Speakerphone, NI Komplete, Air Loom II, VSL VEP, IK Mixbox and T-Racks, Reason.

Some of these I don't care about native versions, i.e. iLok protected Audio Ease can stay on the VEP slave, but probably VEP is the one that I'm waiting on the most, that and Reason Rack.

...Kush, Relab, Empirical Labs, BFD, and IK are about all I'm still waiting for from big devs. For a smaller dev, I'm still hoping Aly James will get around to M1 updates for the drum machines.

Oh, and Waves Factory Echo Cat. That's another I periodically check the list hoping will appear. They've already started transitioning other plugins so hopefully not much longer. Really great character delay.

The new (and free) Red Rock Sound EQ302 and SA60 plugins are native (1.0.0).
Image Image Image Image

Exponential Audio's Symphony and Stratus are just added to the list for planned m1 native updates on the iZotope page under '...will be compatible with Native in 2022'
I'm relieved to see that they at least didn't completely drop those two

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... le-silicon

I'm just a little bummed about the fate of PhoenixVerb, Nimbus, R2, R4, etc... What are the odds they get ported?

Tronam wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:34 am I'm just a little bummed about the fate of PhoenixVerb, Nimbus, R2, R4, etc... What are the odds they get ported?
0%
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Tronam wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:34 am I'm just a little bummed about the fate of PhoenixVerb, Nimbus, R2, R4, etc... What are the odds they get ported?
None, because NeoVerb is their replacement for the whole line.

I just noticed TrackS had updated without going native. Quite disappointed, but I predicted it during the Grope Buy last August. TrackS is one of two major holdouts for M1 native that I use, and I'm getting a little impatient and annoyed.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”