Best You Wah Shock! replacement

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I used to use a VST called You Wah Shock!, which was based on the old soundgooderizer plugin, to give my songs a nice final mixdown with one click. But that plugin is ancient. Are there any new VSTs that are similar that I should try?

Cheerz

How amazingly good was You Wa Shock! !?! A 64 bit version would be a Dogsend but it ain't gonna happen. I used to miss it badly until I discovered FireCobra. It is literally the first thing I add to every new project. You need to pump up the input to get the most from it - I usually put it up to +12 and set the output to -12 to compensate, then work from there. I really like what it does, especially if there are guitars in your mix. That and a limiter will get you where WYS! goes.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thanks! What's a good limiter nowadays?

I just use the one that comes with Studio One. As far as I'm concerned they are all the same. I want transparency, not character.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ok thanks!

i remember back in the days i used it too with a TDA delay,but that was in my baby sound design days :)
Cakewalk wasn't free then and pro channel now offer better solution for many situations.
So many amazing free stuff these days,but will try it on some tracks just for nostalgia :)
Cheers :)

Cakewalk can kiss my ass.

I mean, it said it was free and said to download it. So I installed it, and it says to put in the login details I don't have.

So I uninstalled it.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”