accSone releases major "Grain Drop" crusher-X 9.5 update

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
crusher-X

Welcome to the crusher-X 9.5 "Grain Drop" update! As the industry leader of granular synthesis accSone has the obligation to continuously provide state of the art granular synthesis technologies and experiences. accSone aims to boost your creativity by unleash your granular workflow from prewired chains! You can even become your own shimmer reverb designer (see below how this works). That's why we provide this 9.5 update with a huge set of innovative and mind-blowing functionalities that comes free of charge for registered crusher-X 9 users.

https://youtu.be/v69JmPWldCI

As requested by many users crusher-X 9.5 provides a real-time audio view of the floating (or fixed) Grain Buffer. As it is vertically arranged, we call it the "Grain Drop" view. It shows also the current Grain generation position and can been also interactive used to set the Delay Grain Modulation in real-time. All Grain Buffer related controls are now positioned in a new Grain Buffer & Trigger panel below:

GCOs (Grain Controlled Oscillators) are unique and cool, right? They got an additional Wave-Shape Grain Modulation to control the GCOs Waveform or the GCO-File Mark-In position. Expect hell-sounds out of that! Oh, and the GCO Mode got an update too: "Sidechain Signal with Grain Ringmodulation":

crusher-X 9.5 innovates with a new Grain Controlled Feedback (GCF) system: Each Grain can be individually controlled via a new Feedback Grain Modulation to provide its contribution to the feedback bus. This is actually a multi-dimensional, modulated feedback matrix that could create hyper-shimmer reverbs and non static, floating feedback drones. The feedback bus got its own, individual feedback compressor/limiter/expander to add even more flexibility to design your own signature granular reverb:

So, with crusher-X 9.5 a dream becomes true: We can now become our own reverb designer! The v95 HyperShimmerReverb patch can provide you a nice starting point for endless signature reverb design sessions. And yes, you can make these "Atmos surround" ones!

To gain even more Grain Modulation freedom we added a combined Bypass/Aux Modulation. Each Grain can be individually modulated to bypass the other Effect Grain Modulations and/or bleed the pure Grain signal to an additional AUX bus of the VST3 plug-in. From here on you can further process the "dry" Grains with your own effects and feed them into an extra mix. Use the "Byp Mute" button to disable the Bypass Grain Modulation to isolate the Aux functionality if needed:

And crusher-X 9.5 got even more stuff in terms of UX- and Workflow improvements and bug fixes. Take a look at the Release Notes and enjoy your granular mayhem!

crusher-X 9.5 Complete what's new list

Peace!

How to get this free update?
As a crusher-X 9 licensee just follow again the download instructions described in your crusher-X 9 delivery mail (that you received after your 9 purchase). The challenge/response wizard will not show up if already executed with crusher-X 9. Contact us if you need help!

Upgrade from crusher-X 8 or earlier crusher-X versions:
Find your upgrade offer here:
Upgrade / crossgrade: 99,- € (incl. VAT - For outside EU residents VAT will be removed from card)

You wondering why an upgrade is not for free? Take a look at the accSone pricing guarantee.

Oh no, you still using the crusher-X DEMO?
Consider to purchase a full version and support the crusher-X development!
Full version price: 289,- € (incl. VAT - For outside EU residents VAT will be removed from card)

Fantastic! Can't wait to try it..

Testing some of the new features in crusherX version 9.5, applying individual feedback modulation per grain, using some harp snippets from one of my chamber music compositions as audio input.

https://youtu.be/BA2prnsceBQ

This update is brilliant.. thanks!

indeed! a really great update!

i am making some simple explorations in Ableton Live 11 Suite, and for the first i mapped to parameters, for the Push 2;

Window Tilt and number of Grain Generators.

the parameters aren't recalled, when changing a preset, or reloading a project. i mean in Crusher-X 9.5 they are right, but on the Push 2 wrong... (as on my novation SL 49 MKII, but that is the same thing).

so i can change the settings, but after reloading a project, they have uncorrelated values, the 2 parameters i mentioned.

EDIT: windows pro 10, 21H1, up to date. Live 11.1.1 Suite.
and it is first time i do this by the way, for crusher-x i mean... normally i don't map parameters, only in standalone, with midi, again; i mean for crusher-x.

but i thought why not go all the way.... as a send by the way... must not matter...

never had problems with other plugins, with parameter mapping, and wrong values.

WasteLand wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:38 am so i can change the settings, but after reloading a project, they have uncorrelated values, the 2 parameters i mentioned.
Confirmed - crusher-X doesn't update parameters on program changes or patch reloading. Why? Too many hosts had problems if the plug updates more than 400 parameters at once. It simply causes a crash or overload the system. As you can observe an individual parameter change of a signgle parameter in the UI will do a correct plug-in parameter update. We don't have yet a solution for this problem - ideas welcome.

Best
accSone

freq wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:38 am so i can change the settings, but after reloading a project, they have uncorrelated values, the 2 parameters i mentioned.
Confirmed - crusher-X doesn't update parameters on program changes or patch reloading. Why? Too many hosts had problems if the plug updates more than 400 parameters at once. It simply causes a crash or overload the system. As you can observe an individual parameter change of a signgle parameter in the UI will do a correct plug-in parameter update. We don't have yet a solution for this problem - ideas welcome.

Best
accSone
thank you for answer, and the answer is what i expected (in the sense, if it was not a bug, this would be the reason... i know the amount of parameters). well jumps, when you reload... when you work, no jumps... the parameter is mapped, the value not, and indeed, while working on the project...

ideas: macro's? or can it not work that way?

besides that, impressive update, and the timing is right, time is not on my side, lately, but i have now time to play/work in my studio, and the update was right there! quite a timing!

i already thought a big update would come, and had one FR, besides that the sidechain worked... MTS-ESP, too late..

but, right on time, for me to play.

A random session with crusher-X 9.5 granular synth and the new patches. Processing some Bitwig clips.

https://youtu.be/5m8NZme0Yck

Peace!
accSone

Return to “accSone”