T-RackS Max crossgrade requirements?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me what the minimum requirement to qualify for the current crossgrade sale price of €149

I couldn't find anything on their site, I would have expected the checkout page to at least warn you of the minimum requirements, but it doesn't.

OK nevermind, I just found this on their website.
"To qualify for a Crossgrade to another product, you must be registered with a paid version of another IK Multimedia product over $/€ 99 or higher."

Yeah, IK generally [maybe even always] offers crossgrades where any other IK product over $99 gets you in the door. And they frequently do this in lieu of an upgrade price. So fair warning:

1. T-Racks 6 is likely around the corner
2. There will be no "upgrade" price to T-Racks 6
3. There will almost certainly be a free tier of T-Racks 6 [the CS version] that all your T-Racks plugins would be updated to for free

...this "upgrade model" tends to confuse the hell out of people and annoy lots of folks, so just be aware. Also, if you're on an Apple Silicon Mac, T-Racks5 does not natively support those processors [but they work via Rosetta], and T-Racks 6 is expected to. But again, you'd probably get free support via T-Racks6 CS with all your modules being upgraded for free.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:49 pm Yeah, IK generally [maybe even always] offers crossgrades where any other IK product over $99 gets you in the door. And they frequently do this in lieu of an upgrade price. So fair warning:

3. There will almost certainly be a free tier of T-Racks 6 [the CS version] that all your T-Racks plugins would be updated to for free

...this "upgrade model" tends to confuse the hell out of people and annoy lots of folks, so just be aware. Also, if you're on an Apple Silicon Mac, T-Racks5 does not natively support those processors [but they work via Rosetta], and T-Racks 6 is expected to. But again, you'd probably get free support via T-Racks6 CS with all your modules being upgraded for free.
Thanks Funkybot,

So it would be better to wait for T-RackS 6. Do you think all the processors currently not included in 5 will get added to 6?

Zipede wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:47 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:49 pm Yeah, IK generally [maybe even always] offers crossgrades where any other IK product over $99 gets you in the door. And they frequently do this in lieu of an upgrade price. So fair warning:

Thanks Funkybot,

So it would be better to wait for T-RackS 6. Do you think all the processors currently not included in 5 will get added to 6?
I don't want to tell you what to do just want to help you make an informed decision. So first thing to remember: T-Racks5 Max only includes everything that was included in T-Racks when version 5 was originally released. It doesn't include anything released afterwards like the [actually great] Tape Machines and the [also actually great] Sunset Sound and Fame Studio reverbs or even the [also excllent] Leslie Collection. Those are far and away the best things in T-Racks [in my opinion] and T-Racks5 Max doesn't include any of them.

But, on the other hand, T-Racks 6 Max will cost a hell of a lot more than $149 when it eventually gets released. It may not be on sale at that price for a very long time. IK has frequent sales, but it's hard to predict when a better price/offer comes along.

But if you buy T-Racks5 Max now, you'll almost certainly* get all of those modules upgraded to Tracks-6 at no cost whenever that is eventually released. Is that worth $149 to you? I can't say. I personally think there are better 1176, LA-2A, Vari-Mu, Pultecs and reverb plugins out there - maybe you've got those well covered already, maybe you don't - I have no idea. And if not, it would cost a lot more than $149 to acquire all those other plugins I'm thinking of .

*Keep in mind, I'm just some guy on a forum that's been around for the great debates about IK's upgrade models and pricing strategy. I'm not an insider and anything I say regarding what I think IK will do is just based on assumptions I'm making based on past experiences. I don't think they'll deviate from their prior approaches, but I'm not an IK rep and they can do whatever they want in the future.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:13 pm
Zipede wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Thanks Funkybot,

I don't want to tell you what to do just want to help you make an informed decision. So first thing to remember: T-Racks5 Max only includes everything that was included in T-Racks when version 5 was originally released. It doesn't include anything released afterwards like the [actually great] Tape Machines and the [also actually great] Sunset Sound and Fame Studio reverbs or even the [also excllent] Leslie Collection. Those are far and away the best things in T-Racks [in my opinion] and T-Racks5 Max doesn't include any of them.

But, on the other hand, T-Racks 6 Max will cost a hell of a lot more than $149 when it eventually gets released. It may not be on sale at that price for a very long time. IK has frequent sales, but it's hard to predict when a better price/offer comes along.

But if you buy T-Racks5 Max now, you'll almost certainly* get all of those modules upgraded to Tracks-6 at no cost whenever that is eventually released. Is that worth $149 to you? I can't say. I personally think there are better 1176, LA-2A, Vari-Mu, Pultecs and reverb plugins out there - maybe you've got those well covered already, maybe you don't - I have no idea. And if not, it would cost a lot more than $149 to acquire all those other plugins I'm thinking of .

*Keep in mind, I'm just some guy on a forum that's been around for the great debates about IK's upgrade models and pricing strategy. I'm not an insider and anything I say regarding what I think IK will do is just based on assumptions I'm making based on past experiences. I don't think they'll deviate from their prior approaches, but I'm not an IK rep and they can do whatever they want in the future.

I do have most of it covered, I don't have a sickening amount of plug-in, but it is very ugly. I just thought €149 minus my 26 Jam points would be about as good as it gets, but then there's the prospect of them releasing 6 and having to look at all the new shiny plug-ins I don't have, and I agree they look a lot more enticing than what's on offer in 5.

I think I'm more confused than when I started :ud:

Since v5.9.0 was just released yesterday, I think we’re 6 months away from the next T-RackS update.

Pretty depressing to consider how far away from Native Silicon support T-RackS still is. But it’s also pretty typical of IK Multimedia. IK didn’t release 64-bit versions of anything until mid 2011. Steinberg had 64-bit Cubase out in late 2007, after Microsoft released 64-bit Vista earlier that year.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”