Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Thanks Tek. I get wrapped up in sampling the new downloaded S2 group buy instruments, tweaking patches I like, binding stuff to my keys... and forgetting the multis. It's the secret sauce of Syntronik patch making. I like your latest Big Arse Synth 2 Tek.st4m as well as ones you posted before. The multi section of Syntronik 2 is easy to miss, if you dont go to it regularly - and dive in. Thanks for the reminder. ...and for the patches. Might be an interesting idea to consider a thread for sharing patches/multis. You can learn a lot by pulling one apart, seeing what instruments others are using, how they're watching gain staging, etc. Anyway.. Thanks!

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zipede wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:21 pm
YnJ wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:57 pm "it's the same UI and filters on all the "synths","
Every synth has it's own UI, the easiest way to find it is to click on the small image of the synth next to the preset name.
Making a new skin and move the buttons and sliders around doesn't qualify as a different UI, it's not a collection of synths, it's a sample player you can add new "synths" to, which are only skins and some samples

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm I find most Arturia synths bland and generic sounding (or have insanely high CPU demand). There is not one $49 Cherry Audio synth that can make the range of sounds as Synthronik 2 especially now when we're at 25 instruments including some that aren't analog. Cherry Audio synths are all starting to have a generic sound to me as well.
I'm not going to tell you how you perceive things and what you like. Facts are another thing though, it's not 25 different instruments, it's one sample player with 25 different skins and sample collections
I think the problem is that people see "sample" and think "that's not a synth" and that just points out how myopic their definition of synthesis really is.
I use samples in synths all the time. I just don't think Syntronik 2 is a very good sample player and the samples are just ok. If the samples came as wav files I might be more content with the purchase as then I could use them in the synth or sample player I prefer, as it is now they're useless
If you understand what Syntronik 2 can do and what features and functions are available (once you actually go to the Edit and Layers pages) then factor in the price even at $49 I think it's easy to see that it is a good value despite its quirks.
The first thing I do when I get a new synth is to get to the basic sounds and filters and see what I can edit and do with it
Remember you can make your own presets.
Really? Just when I thought you couldn't get more patronising
At any rate I've made some great sounds with Syntronik 2 and had a ton of fun with it (when I'm not dealing with those quirks) so I don't regret joining the group buy one bit.
Good for you, if you like it use it, I'm not telling you that you lack understanding if you have a different opinion than me or what to think

YnJ wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 am Facts are another thing though, it's not 25 different instruments, it's one sample player with 25 different skins and sample collections
Yes facts are very important.They sampled 33 different instruments. If the GB reaches the top we'll have them all. To say it's only one instrument just shows a lack of understanding of Syntronik. To say a Yamaha SY99 is the same instrument as a Roland Jupiter 8 just because it's all contained in one interface demonstrates a basic lack of understanding. Are these 33 full on emulations? No, but they're representative enough of the original hardware to capture their spirit to a large degree. The argument could certainly be made that a sample of a hardware synth can be more accurate than a software emulation. Perhaps not capable of the same diversity of sounds as a full on emulation but again the argument could be made for accuracy of sound.
YnJ wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 am I just don't think Syntronik 2 is a very good sample player and the samples are just ok. If the samples came as wav files I might be more content with the purchase as then I could use them in the synth or sample player I prefer, as it is now they're useless
Then why did you buy it? There is a demo version, albeit with limited sample content but enough to let you know what you're getting. The samples are far from useless....if you have a little imagination and skill. :wink:
YnJ wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 amReally? Just when I thought you couldn't get more patronising
I was not being patronizing. I was simply trying to explain how Syntronik works to those who show a lack of understanding of it like someone who insists on putting "synth" in quotation marks because they don't seem to think it is an actual synth. Such as:
YnJ wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:57 pm it's the same UI and filters on all the "synths"......the 25 or so Syntronik 2 "synths" I got
YnJ wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 am I'm not telling you that you lack understanding if you have a different opinion than me or what to think
When one demonstrates a lack of understanding of how something works then it has nothing to do with opinions.

Again if you don't like Syntronik then I'm sorry you didn't properly demo it first. Lesson learned I guess. :shrug:

But I'm enjoying it because I realize it's a capable synth and not a "synth". Is it the most capable synth on the market? No of course not but for $35 or even $50 it's a heck of a bargain.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Let's run through it again...Syntronik 2 is a:

4 Layer synth, each layer with its own Split points, Arp/Seq and FX Chain (with a choice of 71 effects many of them analog modeled including filters from Oberheim, Roland, Moog, and Sequential Circuits),

Each Layer can have up to 4 Sample based Oscs and 2 Sub Oscs (which are based on the samples in Osc 1 and 2)

Each Layer has a choice of 7 filters (with variations) based on those found in popular hardware synths:

Syn Filters.png

Each layer has a 32 slot Mod Matrix.

Each Layer has up to 6 LFOs

Each Layer has Amp, Filter, Pitch, and User Envelopes

Each Layer has its own Poly, Glide, Pan, Velocity settings etc....

It includes (at this point in the Group Buy) 25 instruments for the price of 1 with a couple hundred Gigs of sample content for the Oscs depending on which instruments are chosen.

Sounds like a pretty capable synthesizer right? Is it the most capable synthesizer on the market? Absolutely not.

But you'd be very hard pressed to find a better bargain at this time. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Separate from the argument about its characterization as a "synth", this seems to be true:

From a (non-sound designer) musician's perspective, it is a low cpu way to access numerous authentic sounds of synths used in a wide range of post-1970 music.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Too many gbs.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Just bought my first synth "Blau" (just going pretty much in order).

It seems to require me to install SampleTank and Custom Shop. Does that make sense (I don't even know what Custom Shop is).
Jeff

jeffn1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:59 pm Just bought my first synth "Blau" (just going pretty much in order).

It seems to require me to install SampleTank and Custom Shop. Does that make sense (I don't even know what Custom Shop is).
Jeff
The SampleTank part sounds weird, but the Syntronik 2 CS (Custom Shop) is the free Syntronik player required to host the Syntronik instruments.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It did not seem to give me the option where to download. It says it is downloading, but does not show me the status. Where the default sounds download folder located?

jeffn1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:30 pm It did not seem to give me the option where to download. It says it is downloading, but does not show me the status. Where the default sounds download folder located?
Yeah I also am interested in this question as, downloading all the synths will take over 200GB apparently. I'd rather put them on an external drive but I never saw an option for where they should go!

Rahodees wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm
jeffn1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:30 pm It did not seem to give me the option where to download. It says it is downloading, but does not show me the status. Where the default sounds download folder located?
Yeah I also am interested in this question as, downloading all the synths will take over 200GB apparently. I'd rather put them on an external drive but I never saw an option for where they should go!
On my Mac, I’ve installed all the sound content to an external SSD. Here is how that works for me..

After you ‘redeem bonus content” on the IK the web site… You open IK Product Manager. Under ‘Sounds’ tab - you’ll see your just purchased sound item (‘instrument’). The IK Product Manager will probably already incorrectly say “Installed”. :) … it is not. There should also be (right below that “Installed” checkbox, a “… More options” link. Click on that, and select the option that comes up saying “Install to…”. There - you select the directory you want your sounds to go to. That should kick off the installation.

There is more First time you use the new directory, you need to connect it to Syntronik 2. Inside Syntronik 2, click on Settings. It is the gear icon in the upper right. Choose the Library tab. There.. you add the directory you threw your sounds into.

This is how it worked on a Mac anyway….

hth -

joe

Thx, it's tricky.

I think I got Blau working (my "purchased" synth), but you always wonder if you have everything (presets? wave files? multis?).

Jeff

Rahodees wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm downloading all the synths will take over 200GB apparently.

I was wondering this myself, is 200GB accurate ? Does anyone know exactly how many GB
the full 33 synths will be ?

Thanks.....

BurningSG wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:39 pm
Rahodees wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm downloading all the synths will take over 200GB apparently.

I was wondering this myself, is 200GB accurate ? Does anyone know exactly how many GB
the full 33 synths will be ?

Thanks.....
The “max version” of Syntronik 2 includes 33 synths, over 5,500 presets and 200 GB of sound content. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... onik-2-max
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”