TAL-Sampler: Any way to achieve legato?

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There really isn't much speak of this anywhere I can find so I'm already expecting no solution, but I thought I'd ask here anyway :)

Can we configure legato (switch between pitches without restarting playback) on the TAL-Sampler?

I think only by disabling Poly and enabling Porta.

What ED said and you can have the envelopes retrigger if you choose "poly 1".
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I also purchased TAL sampler by accident and now I am missing the legato feature. And Simms not talking about monophone legato. I am talking about polyphone legato. I need to play a vocal phrase sample w/o retrigering it, and change it’s pitch.

I need to achieve the same behavior like V-Synth VariPhase / ElasticAudio, but I am afraid I was expecting too much from TAL and did not check out the VST demo carefully before I buy.

The NI Kontakt offers the behavior in it‘s so called „Tone Machine“ but I was afraid to spend 200€ on that. So I thought - TAL should do that job, since it offers also a feature called „Stretch“ to play a sample over the complete keyboard with the same length, but the Audio Quality is not the same like my V-Synth GT.

I am now a little bit disappointed.

Burkeyboarder wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:04 am I also purchased TAL sampler by accident and now I am missing the legato feature. And Simms not talking about monophone legato. I am talking about polyphone legato. I need to play a vocal phrase sample w/o retrigering it, and change it’s pitch.

I need to achieve the same behavior like V-Synth VariPhase / ElasticAudio, but I am afraid I was expecting too much from TAL and did not check out the VST demo carefully before I buy.

The NI Kontakt offers the behavior in it‘s so called „Tone Machine“ but I was afraid to spend 200€ on that. So I thought - TAL should do that job, since it offers also a feature called „Stretch“ to play a sample over the complete keyboard with the same length, but the Audio Quality is not the same like my V-Synth GT.

I am now a little bit disappointed.
TAL Sampler is described quite clearly on the company web page as a distinctly VINTAGE type of Sampler, designed to function like the old Akai samplers from the 90s. Why you simply "expected" it to contain features of the V-Synth of all things is absolutely beyond me.

I might be wrong but I think I recognized that legato works with enabled portamento time.

yeah i think so too, i just demoed and i got legato by just useing a low porta time. maybe i am mistaken but thats how i perceived it.

Return to “TAL Software”