Kilohearts Updates the Entire Kilohearts Ecosystem to v2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

dionenoid wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:04 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 am But their business modelling is laughable.
You're only pissed because some of the stuff you bought is now free.
No sh!t sherlock
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

NI, iZotpe and PA just give away several hundred dollars worth of software I had purchased...IK did the same to me with their buy 1 get almost everything we make free deals-- seems to be happening more! All software will eventually end up worthless one day!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I just wish they'd add upwards expansion to the Dynamics snapin...

Havok wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:34 pm I just wish they'd add upwards expansion to the Dynamics snapin...
Is that what the left side does? Or something? :?

HAL76 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:37 pm
projectdan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 am I bought most of the snapins that are now free using vouchers over the last 12 months, I got them for bargain prices so dont feel Ive lost much. I think with the V2 upgrade and the increased collection of free effects, this is a great effects package and should definitely attract more people to their offerings :tu:
That sounds pretty much like what my brother said after loosing some thousands that he had invested in stocks and crypto currencys. "You know its not that bad, I've earned most of it before!".

But bro - you could have known better?
I definitely lost out, but only a smallish amount, in the region of £70-£80 over a 15 month period, I can live with that, I owned the effects and could use them over that period etc. I can understand people who paid substantially more over recent periods being pissed off. For me the main loss now is I get a much reduced discount on the full package, as most of my buys no longer count for extra discount.

I can also see that for them as a company overall it is a sensible move as far as getting more people into their eco system and offering a more obvious attractive offer, better value and a less convoluted package going forward.

I am used to dipping out- buy anything from PA for more than $29 - loose out...buy anything from IK without at least an 87% discount...loose out, watch the stuff you paid $200 for from iZotope being given away free with any purchase...in fact buy almost any software without a 50% BF discount you will loose out- better not to think about it, assume you will get nothing back if/when you sell software and just have fun!

Software is a terrible ROI, now eurorack modules I can sell for more than I paid for them at the moment!

V2 was free and I suspect there will be a lot more free updates top enjoy... :party:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am always amazed about people moaning because stuff gets Free they paid for.
I am glad my financial contribution makes this possible for those who could not afford them.

ReverendLove wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:48 am I am always amazed about people moaning because stuff gets Free they paid for.
I am glad my financial contribution makes this possible for those who could not afford them.
its possible to be both happy for others and a bit annoyed that something affects you negatively, not everything is black and white.

This is is why its good that kilohearts said that its ok to be unhappy about it and they will help if you contact support, if they do this its a win win, great all round, people get the effects for free, people who bought are compensated for getting the sharp end of the stick, its a nice gesture from them, but im not sure if some people would rather they didnt do a gesture like this?

i dont get why there has been so much controversy and self righteousness about people wanting a little voucher or something to make up for feeling hard done by, which kilohearts are going to do anyway, so all good. Not really any room to complain if they compensate, and not really any room to declare yourself ghandi for not wanting any compensation.

Has anyone heard back from them?
Last edited by j wazza on Mon May 23, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:05 am
Havok wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:34 pm I just wish they'd add upwards expansion to the Dynamics snapin...
The left side does downward expansion and upwards compression. The right side only does downwards compression though, not sure why they stopped there and didn't add upwards expansion for the full range of dynamic control

Havok wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:28 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:05 am
The left side does downward expansion and upwards compression. The right side only does downwards compression though, not sure why they stopped there and didn't add upwards expansion for the full range of dynamic control
Ah right, I was going off memory. I thought there was some expansion going on.

projectdan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:28 am For me the main loss now is I get a much reduced discount on the full package, as most of my buys no longer count for extra discount.
thats not fair, most other complaints are fairly minor but this is a much bigger issue. if kilohearts were giving that loyalty discount at the time you bought them they absolutely need to honour that, no question about that, regardless of whether the plugins are paid or now free, you dont seem too pissed about it and it doesnt affect me personally but it seems like leading you on to buy stuff with promises of discounts that they went back on, you should contact support and they should help, im sure they will, theres a chance that their discounts are based on licenses rather than orders so if they didnt change it everyone would now get the loyalty offers as everyone has the license for those plugins now
Last edited by j wazza on Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

inb4:
im glad that kilohearts stopped giving loyalty discounts that they promised in return for buying things because now i can sleep soundly knowing that the workers at kilohearts will be well fed :love:. Dismissing other people's feelings makes me a compassionate, caring person™. Come join me in the sanctuary of loving kindness spirituality for some quinoa

my post from other kilohearts thread, to add a bit of positivity to this thread
j wazza wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:39 am yeah they gave me a $60 dollar voucher with no time limit or minimum spend, really nice gesture from kilohearts, i respect that a lot! before i had mixed feelings now im 100% happy about the new change

im guessing the voucher depends on how much you spent so we may not all get the same

This is why I love Valhalla's business model. No one ever feels sore about it. Just solid plugins that don't cost the earth.

s28 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:52 pm This is why I love Valhalla's business model. No one ever feels sore about it. Just solid plugins that don't cost the earth.
PhasePlant costs 99$ right now (2 valhalla reverbs) and has Lifetime free updates (valhalla does not offer lifetime free updates really). So I think Kilohearts made a very good move that some users do not seem to understand or feel grateful about.

Return to “Effects”