Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:22 am I just noticed TrackS had updated without going native. Quite disappointed, but I predicted it during the Grope Buy last August. TrackS is one of two major holdouts for M1 native that I use, and I'm getting a little impatient and annoyed.
It is updated whenever they add a module, since T-Racks is an all-or-nothing install. And they just added a module.

I know. That's the annoying bit.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thought it would be interesting to post this. Here are all the countries to date that have visited the site:

Greenland, you are totally not keeping up you your end of this. And don't give me any of your excuses about disproportionate map projections.
Last edited by teilo on Sat May 21, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:22 am I just noticed TrackS had updated without going native. Quite disappointed, but I predicted it during the Grope Buy last August. TrackS is one of two major holdouts for M1 native that I use, and I'm getting a little impatient and annoyed.
what kind of plug ins are you people buying?

dayjob wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:53 pm
We found the guy who bought Nani.

dayjob wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:53 pm
The ones with the developers groping around in my wallet. And you? 8)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Germany is a slightly darker hue than the rest of Europe. REPRESENT!!!
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Wanted to clarify, I'm not opposed to using Rosetta 2 plug ins, but the Rosetta AU is a poor substitute for the Vienna Ensemble MAS version for Digital Performer, we're talking 48 tracks VS 756. Using AU is a total PITA compared, literally one plug in VS a half dozen for AU.

Same Applies with Reason Rack, in AU you can't get MIDI out from Reason Rack in most DAWs like DP, so waiting around for the VST3 version for full compatibility with my main DAW.

Venomode has ported a few more, but looks like not yet Complexer 2 and DeeQ. You kind of have to infer from the product page platforms, but those 2 say "Not M1". Pivot as of 1.5.0 and Phrasebox 1.2.5 (demo version) both are native in my checks. Also apparently Maximal 3 CM is as well, per included manual, featured in Computer Music 309.

Soundwide is currently including R4 and Nimbus in their new "Soundwide Intro Bundle". I know it's unlikely they'll get updated for Apple Silicon, but isn't that just a terrible way to introduce customers to your new conglomerate? "Hey, buy more stuff from us in the future, here's some plugins for sale, some of which we won't run on modern Macs and we have no plan on updating. But trust us for your future audio plugin needs despite that!"

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... undle.html

Hopefully the new corporate overlords figure it's better to sell Nimbus, R4, AND Neoverb than just Neoverb and update all of them. 3 is better than 1 after all.

I know this is wishful thinking.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:15 pm Soundwide is currently including R4 and Nimbus in their new "Soundwide Intro Bundle". I know it's unlikely they'll get updated for Apple Silicon, but isn't that just a terrible way to introduce customers to your new conglomerate? "Hey, buy more stuff from us in the future, here's some plugins for sale, some of which we won't run on modern Macs and we have no plan on updating. But trust us for your future audio plugin needs despite that!"

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... undle.html

Hopefully the new corporate overlords figure it's better to sell Nimbus, R4, AND Neoverb than just Neoverb and update all of them. 3 is better than 1 after all.

I know this is wishful thinking.
I haven't tried but I'm pretty sure the AU versions of R4 and Nimbus work in Rosetta 2 just fine. So for most people that's probably around 3-5 years before those plug ins no longer work on M1 Macs. Plenty of time for pluginallience to flood you with emails and make a couple dollars on impulse buys. :borg:

Sonic Charge have just gone native :party:
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 pm Sonic Charge have just gone native :party:
been native since march 23rd

https://twitter.com/soniccharge/status/ ... VUzqsvIkXA

Baby Audio have updated all of their Plugins and are all now M1 Native (Only Taip & Crystalline were Native before today) https://babyaud.io/downloads

Smooth Operator 1.0.2
Spaced Out 1.0.3
Parallel Agressor 1.1.1
Comeback Kid 1.1.2
Super VHS 1.1.2
I Heart NY 1.1.2

Are the DMG Audio plugins definitely native? I'm trying to demo Trackcomp 2 but the au is definitely running under rosetta on ableton Live 11.1 native, no sign of vst3 in Live or cubase 12.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”