Kilohearts Updates the Entire Kilohearts Ecosystem to v2 - Including Phase Plant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

EnGee wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm
You mean 'Vital' not Viper?
Yes :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have no idea! They should stick to a policy that welcomes new buyers but doesn't upset old costumers (IMO). Looking at their shop now, my guess is if it is an 'important' or 'big' add on, then it won't be free but 'premium'. Anyway, I don't see a reason for raising the prices of the premium snapins! I sure not going to buy any at such prices, maybe at 50% or more discount.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:47 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 pm I wonder if they add new FX to the collection will they be free too ?
I doubt all new fx will be free for everyone for ever (unless you have subscription...do they still do that, hardly seems worth it now!) but you may get a voucher or something to get whatever's next free...cant help to ask :wink:
I think there’s a lot of scope for less basic, premium versions

I spoke with Kilohearts themselves today so at least a resolution has been achieved . And it's gone a long way with me.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 pm I spoke with Kilohearts themselves today so at least a resolution has been achieved . And it's gone a long way with me.
Good to hear that! Well, they seem nice guys, so I hope they reach a good solution to comfort the old costumers :)

yeah they gave me a $60 dollar voucher with no time limit or minimum spend, really nice gesture from kilohearts, i respect that a lot! before i had mixed feelings now im 100% happy about the new change

im guessing the voucher depends on how much you spent so we may not all get the same

i can understand the mixed feelings about this step, i myself am pretty new to the KHS ecosystem, had my eye on Phase Plant a long time, but i make my own presets, so....

it depends also if you are new or an 'old' customer... but the bundle is still $399, well if you don't own any premium plugins, or Phase Plant, etc.

the Slice EQ and Care EQ were the first Snap Ins i bought, second hand, for very low prices, $9 each, it could have been even lower. only 2 or 3 weeks ago, or so...

i thought that is the first and easy step, to slowly build up.... but V2 landed and a new approach... luckily, or it doesn't really matter, does it? make a sentence, now; it are premium snap ins i bought...

so i can now enough effects, per voice + MPE!...

yes i bought Phase Plant, after demoing it, the V2 version, never demoed it before. and you get a voucher, so the Concolver seemed to me the best one....

first impression of Phase Plant V2; i really wanted it as a FM/PM synth, audiorate, f'em is great, but it is limited, for current possibilities.

and yes, it, well it is not unexpected, because of the name, excellent audio rate features... great modulations....

could i do it with other soft synths i have, yes... but still, the easy approach, the different workflow will lead to different results, also of course the character of the synth itself (i think mainly determined by the modulation options and the effects, you don't see it often per voice effects..).

i could do it with other stuff, but this is hands on, for a special purpose, MSoundFactory for instance, lacks some features, that Phase Plant has, but is great, for an extensive, experimental sonic cosmos....

as Phase Plant is in its own right...

MPE features i will discover, well that is easy, but how to route, for great patches... i mean not the features, but the possibility of MPE.... well the features are there; note on/off velocity, pressure, timbre.

but it can growl, it can be deep, it can be deranged. it can create evolving (in)harmonically rich sounds... well... what is not to like...

i believe it is not strange to see Phase Plant as a FM/PM synth.... everything can be an operator, and free routing of the modulator(s)/carrier(s).
it certainly more, that is also the attraction.

EDIT: it has AM/FM/PM at audiorate, AM at audiorate is a bit forgotten, it seems, but is great (it has an overlap with Ring Modulation...).
Last edited by WasteLand on Tue May 24, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j wazza wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:39 am yeah they gave me a $60 dollar voucher with no time limit or minimum spend, really nice gesture from kilohearts, i respect that a lot! before i had mixed feelings now im 100% happy about the new change

im guessing the voucher depends on how much you spent so we may not all get the same
:party:
Always Read the Manual!

kHs gave me a $ 30 voucher (I spent € 37 on effects recently which are now free) and I bought a free content bank for it. The voucher didn't work correctly at first, but they quickly fixed that.

Very nice gesture from kHs! :tu:

Yeah amazing how contacting the vendor seems to fix problems and generate some goodwill isn't it?

Shifrin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 am Pretty sure the Kilohearts guys ruled out a conventional sequencer/arpeggiator in their discord. IIRC they believe the plugin host is better suited to such things..
If you are looking for a good arpeggiator plugin to use in your host, BlueARP is free and quite capable!

BlueARP plugin is a programmable pattern arpeggiator / step sequencer. It is available both on Windows (VST plugin) and on OSX (VST and MIDI-FX plugin), free of change, ready to use in your music production and performances, either commercial or not.

BlueARP is a pure MIDI plugin, it doesn’t generate any sound by itself but transforms MIDI messages. It has to be routed to either software or hardware synth in any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software like FL Studio, Ableton Live, Cubase, Reaper, Logic Pro, etc.

https://omg-instruments.com/wp/?page_id=63

https://youtu.be/retDsYjPokA
Windows 10 and too many plugins

kNarf_ wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am kHs gave me a $ 30 voucher (I spent € 37 on effects recently which are now free) and I bought a free content bank for it. The voucher didn't work correctly at first, but they quickly fixed that.

I also contacted them and shared both sides of my thoughts. They also gave me something although purchases were made long ago. I owned all snapins.

I have the feeling they really appreciate direct feedback. The correspondence with support was constructive and answered a few questions I had. Now is a good time to get in touch.

ralfrobert wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 pm
kNarf_ wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am kHs gave me a $ 30 voucher (I spent € 37 on effects recently which are now free) and I bought a free content bank for it. The voucher didn't work correctly at first, but they quickly fixed that.

I also contacted them and shared both sides of my thoughts. They also gave me something although purchases were made long ago. I owned all snapins.

I have the feeling they really appreciate direct feedback. The correspondence with support was constructive and answered a few questions I had. Now is a good time to get in touch.
thats even better :party:

praise where its due, theyve handled this really well and i actually want to buy more stuff from kilohearts now as i like to support companies that treat their customers well

the only sticking point left is that a guy said he lost his loyalty discount due to the qualifying plugins he bought being made free, but im now pretty sure they'd make that up to him too if he contacted support

j wazza wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:18 am the only sticking point left is that a guy said he lost his loyalty discount due to the qualifying plugins he bought being made free, but im now pretty sure they'd make that up to him too if he contacted support
said guy really should contact them and I hope that they can get a decent outcome. If the changes were pushed through two weeks earlier, I would have been asking the same from KHS. In my original more forgiving/zen outlook, I neglected to consider people who might still be working towards completing their bundle....in my own (arguably flawed) logic, having paid more for something that I already own, doesn't disturb me as much as knowing I will have to pay more to clear an outstanding balance, if that makes sense.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:54 am said guy really should contact them and I hope that they can get a decent outcome. If the changes were pushed through two weeks earlier, I would have been asking the same from KHS. In my original more forgiving/zen outlook, I neglected to consider people who might still be working towards completing their bundle....in my own (arguably flawed) logic, having paid more for something that I already own, doesn't disturb me as much as knowing I will have to pay more to clear an outstanding balance, if that makes sense.
that makes sense, you could definitely argue that when youve bought something you agreed to that price and any price changes after are irrelevant to you, and a company has a right to sell their software for whatever price they want, even free (but that doesnt stop it feeling annoying when price goes down, and a company should still take their customer's feelings into account like kh have).

but if you bought something when there was a certain upgrade path available, that was the agreement you made with kh and they should stick to it, this should happen automatically without needing to contact support though, but i told that guy to anyway

You could still say for stuff you already bought the resale value was an implicit part of the agreement, for some things this is definitely true eg rare magic the gathering cards sell for thousands and if the company decides to make more of a card the value goes down. this happened and everyone got pissed off cos they lost money so the company signed a contract not to do that again, this couldnt happen with vsts as software is never rare but i guess it could with hardware

Return to “Instruments”