DIVA and REPRO 1 & 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Diva Expansion Diva Expansion 2 Diva Expressions - Diva Presets Diva Presets Bundle Repro

Do they complement each other well I haven't actually had time to get the demo of Repro to try it yet. I own DIVA. So not really knowing much about Repro yet, how do they sit together ? Worth the investment or is DIVA enough ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Diva is cerainly "enough" in the sense that with it you'll be able to make most old school analoguey sounds that the two plug ins are known for. The breadth of filter and oscillator types make it probably the go to if you're getting one. That being said i like the sound of the repros a bit more, think they complient each other quite well, and appreciate the slightly expanded effects section. As a result i don't really regret owning them both. Probably a better option than a myriad of purportedly retro plugins i suppose.

garliccorgi wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:43 pm Diva is cerainly "enough" in the sense that with it you'll be able to make most old school analoguey sounds that the two plug ins are known for. The breadth of filter and oscillator types make it probably the go to if you're getting one. That being said i like the sound of the repros a bit more, think they complient each other quite well, and appreciate the slightly expanded effects section. As a result i don't really regret owning them both. Probably a better option than a myriad of purportedly retro plugins i suppose.
Im really digging these older analoguey emu's more so now than ever. DIVA and Knifonium are my favs atm and I am eyeing Repro and the Legend too. But maybe thats overkill.

Repro is based on electronics of synths that have an insane modulation depth - they're not a sweetspot synths per sé even if they have many of those. Diva is very tame in comparison as everything is built around the parameters and modulation depths of a very "tame" sweet spot synth. I think it's fair to say that Diva puts emphasis on the mellow side of analogue whereas Repro has all those harsh, gritty and wild properties.

They do complement each other. Diva can give a fuller and beefier raw sound than Repro 5, even with the dual osc modules, but to me Repro sounds more refined, brighter when you want it, and subjectively 'better'.

I use both Repros much more than I use Diva. There is a lot to be said for simplicity. I don't enjoy using Diva that much. The modulation is baffling and I don't like that bottom half of the interface, it doesn't feel intuitive to me. After all this time I still look at it and think, "wait, which bit does what again?" And the amp envelope before the filter envelope still catches me out. +1 for the leopard skin end cheeks though.

You really can't go wrong with either tbh. Diva is more versatile with its modules but I prefer the sonic range of Repro. You don't need one if you don't have the other. But Repro sure is damn nice to have.

Urs wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:16 pm Repro is based on electronics of synths that have an insane modulation depth - they're not a sweetspot synths per sé even if they have many of those. Diva is very tame in comparison as everything is built around the parameters and modulation depths of a very "tame" sweet spot synth. I think it's fair to say that Diva puts emphasis on the mellow side of analogue whereas Repro has all those harsh, gritty and wild properties.
OK that's really interesting, I really like the sound of that. I like synths with those nasty harsh tones.

Im going to make time to get the demo :tu:

Vortifex wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:35 pm They do complement each other. Diva can give a fuller and beefier raw sound than Repro 5, even with the dual osc modules, but to me Repro sounds more refined, brighter when you want it, and subjectively 'better'.

I use both Repros much more than I use Diva. There is a lot to be said for simplicity. I don't enjoy using Diva that much. The modulation is baffling and I don't like that bottom half of the interface, it doesn't feel intuitive to me. After all this time I still look at it and think, "wait, which bit does what again?" And the amp envelope before the filter envelope still catches me out. +1 for the leopard skin end cheeks though.

You really can't go wrong with either tbh. Diva is more versatile with its modules but I prefer the sonic range of Repro. You don't need one if you don't have the other. But Repro sure is damn nice to have.
I am definitely drawn to make time to spend with the demo. DIVA is nice really nice for stuff in tech house music. But when you wanna get a lil harsh and nasty, Repro sounds like it might fit better.

Vortifex wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:35 pm They do complement each other. Diva can give a fuller and beefier raw sound than Repro 5, even with the dual osc modules, but to me Repro sounds more refined, brighter when you want it, and subjectively 'better'.

Same feeling here, the bottom part of Diva is quite extensive and not so intuitive, Repro get the job done. And what I use the most (to my surprise) is Repro for sure...

And yes, even with that, you cant go wrong with any of those 2, get both :D

Deisss wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:08 pm

Same feeling here, the bottom part of Diva is quite extensive and not so intuitive, Repro get the job done. And what I use the most (to my surprise) is Repro for sure...

And yes, even with that, you cant go wrong with any of those 2, get both :D
I have DIVA, but was looking at Repro, and tbh it just grabbed my attention, but im out the house a lot atm, so no time to sit and demo. So I thought i'd gauge feelings on here first.

Diva vs Repro = Partner vs Hot Date
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Lol good analogy

I ran the Diva demo for a long time before I finally settled on Repro. Repro is awesome!

But if you want to check out analog with attitude, take a look at Tone2 Saurus 3. Not quite as polite as Repro, it can really crank out some analog goodness with Tone2's take on analog modelling technology. Easy to understand subtractive synth main panel, but not an emulation of any particular synth.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:54 pm I ran the Diva demo for a long time before I finally settled on Repro. Repro is awesome!

But if you want to check out analog with attitude, take a look at Tone2 Saurus 3. Not quite as polite as Repro, it can really crank out some analog goodness with Tone2's take on analog modelling technology. Easy to understand subtractive synth main panel, but not an emulation of any particular synth.
I too was considering Saurus because it's cheap and currently on sale. While I like the simple layout of the synth, the filter just doesn't sound right. It's not analog sounding at all which is surprising because Tone2 has so many nice sounding filters in some of their other plugins. Anyway, I passed on Saurus. I have SO many subtractive analog modeled plugins (including Diva and Repro) that I don't need another.

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:54 pm I ran the Diva demo for a long time before I finally settled on Repro. Repro is awesome!

I have Saurus, it's a great synth and so easy to program, and i've used it since its arrival for certain parts to what I do.

Repro seems like its capable of some nasty business, which I love these days.

Sigh. It breaks my heart to read about all these Prophet 5 replicas with nary a mention of Memorymoon's Messiah. I find their version to be quite inspiring.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Instruments”