Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

*Sigh*.....and it seems like I've found another issue or at least it appears that way after four test Multis with the same results.

It appears that it's only possible to have Aftertouch working in one of the Layers. If anyone owns an AT capable controller if you could give this a test I'd be grateful....

Load a Lead Preset in layer A.
Assign AT to Vibrato in the Mod Matrix by:

Source:Element LFO 1> Destination:Zone Pitch>Amount: about 60 (depending on the AT response curve of your controller)> BiPolar: ON> Modifier: Aftertouch.

AT works just fine.

Now load the same lead (or a different one doesn't matter) into Layer B and assign AT in exactly the same way.

AT does not work. Same if you load a lead into Layer C or D as well. AT doesn't even work if I replace the Midi CC1 (Mod Wheel) entry at the top of the Matrix with AT. Doesn't work but the MW does.

So either I'm doing something wrong or...... :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:40 pm *Sigh*.....and it seems like I've found another issue or at least it appears that way after four test Multis with the same results.

It appears that it's only possible to have Aftertouch working in one of the Layers. If anyone owns an AT capable controller if you could give this a test I'd be grateful....

Load a Lead Preset in layer A.
Assign AT to Vibrato in the Mod Matrix by:

Source:Element LFO 1> Destination:Zone Pitch>Amount: about 60 (depending on the AT response curve of your controller)> BiPolar: ON> Modifier: Aftertouch.

AT works just fine.

Now load the same lead (or a different one doesn't matter) into Layer B and assign AT in exactly the same way.

AT does not work. Same if you load a lead into Layer C or D as well. AT doesn't even work if I replace the Midi CC1 (Mod Wheel) entry at the top of the Matrix with AT. Doesn't work but the MW does.

So either I'm doing something wrong or...... :dog:
I think you have stumbled onto something here!

I tried the test and could not get the AT to work on the Part B. Part A was good.

So I tried using a different modifier on part B, MIDI CC1, which is my Mod Wheel. And guess what, that worked!

The Modulation Matrix must not allow duplicates of certain modifiers across the various parts A B C D...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thanks for testing the issue. :hug:

Looks like it's another one of those WTF IK ?!?! issues. :bang:

I don't know if it's a bug or just another baffling design decision. I tested it several more times and always got the same results. The AT settings work fine for the instrument in Slot A but the same settings don't work for Slots B on down. I don't see where user error could come into play.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could just report the issue and wait for a fix but I'd rather have a tooth pulled without novocaine than deal with IK "Support" again and even then the chance of a fix would be minimal at best.

Oh well we're beta testing IK software for free again....and paying for the privilege. I guess we should be used to it by now..... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:25 pm Thanks for testing the issue. :hug:

Looks like it's another one of those WTF IK ?!?! issues. :bang:

I don't know if it's a bug or just another baffling design decision. I tested it several more times and always got the same results. The AT settings work fine for the instrument in Slot A but the same settings don't work for Slots B on down. I don't see where user error could come into play.
I'm gonna venture a guess without QA testing the entire mod matrix, but it appears that AT is the issue, since CC is assignable and works in Slot B, C, & D.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

@ Teksonik: They should give you a freebie of some value, or at least a big bag of jampoints, for every bug you find! :hyper:

Out of these following, which are the better of the bunch?

Galaxy- Alesis Andromeda
M-Poly- Korg® Mono/Poly and Polysix
99- Yamaha SY99
SAM- Oberheim SEM
Blau- PPG Wave 2.3
V-80- Yamaha CS-80, GX-1 and CS-01
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

The only one I have installed so far is Blau and I am digging it! (I know that does not give you much insight in comparing).
Last edited by jeffn1 on Tue May 24, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

jeffn1 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:15 am The only one I have installed so far is Blau and I digging it! (I know that does not give you much insight in comparing).
Every little bit is helpful. If you've got it and you dig it, it probably doesn't suck! So I'll keep it on the list!

If they don't get to the full 3,000, I hope they do something for the people who joined the Group Buy. Top it off or, if not that, maybe offer $10 to pick up the remaining synths.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Anyone having any issues with Syner V ? Mine keeps saying error , cannot locate at Tank at path l;/IK Multimedia etc..

This is the 5th time I've deleted and reinstalled it, same error message. Any idea's ?

NVM I see what's happening, their download manager keeps failing.. I'll download the files directly, and see if that helps.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Syner V - I found that zips 3 and 4 do not unzip correctly using the standard installer. Within each of those zips there is an installer file and running that individually for the two zips worked for me.

zzz00m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 pm I'm gonna venture a guess without QA testing the entire mod matrix, but it appears that AT is the issue, since CC is assignable and works in Slot B, C, & D.
Each Layer has its own Mod Matrix so there shouldn't be any conflicts but yes it appears to be an issue with just AT since as you say for example the Mod Wheel works for each layer. I have not encountered a factory patch that has AT assigned at all. I'm guessing IK's toy keyboards don't have AT so why bother. :?
glokraw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 pm @ Teksonik: They should give you a freebie of some value, or at least a big bag of jampoints, for every bug you find! :hyper:
With that many JamPoints I could buy the company........ :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm
glokraw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 pm @ Teksonik: They should give you a freebie of some value, or at least a big bag of jampoints, for every bug you find! :hyper:
Only 30% of it. ;)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:49 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm
Only 30% of it. ;)
Beat me to it. lol.

avid_d wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:46 am Syner V - I found that zips 3 and 4 do not unzip correctly using the standard installer. Within each of those zips there is an installer file and running that individually for the two zips worked for me.
+1
In fact, someone made a video about locating missing files in Syntronik (Im too lazy to Google it). But he shows where to find the zips and just install the missing Syntronik files.

Return to “Instruments”