Confession: I can't use ugly plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:31 am I didn't see a feedbackcontrol, how do you control that? And what do the multiple random sliders do? They'r enot labelled.
It's multiple delay lines that are relatively short. You set the decay time and level by changing the position and size of the two dots on each delay line. It's really quite intuitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKsiSslQA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YglY4HW7yxk

this plugin also has "beautiful" GUI:
http://platonicworld.com/wardrumz/screenshot.htm
It's only 49!

dune_rave wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:13 am this plugin also has "beautiful" GUI:
http://platonicworld.com/wardrumz/screenshot.htm

It's only 49!
Ouch!

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:35 pm
pixel85 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:05 pm Who remembers Ohm Force plugins? It just came to my mind.

They often had two interfaces: 'artistic' - where parameters blended well with the background and labels couldn't be more cryptic and 'classic' - easier for the eye, could be called also 'normal interface'.
Besides GUIs, their plugins were great.
I suppose you could call this artistic, I'd chose another word, trainwreck?

Reminds me of a few completely irritating Reaktor plugins. I think that there's even one in the standard library. I'll go look and see if I can find it.
Wow! Somehow I never saw this one. It's a masterpiece of art 🤣

I agree, ugly GUI's are a no no to me. Reason has the best designs simple and to the point.

xenophobic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:51 am I agree, ugly GUI's are a no no to me. Reason has the best designs simple and to the point.
I also really like the consistent artistic style in Reason across all the devices. I believe one person has designed almost all of their devices throughout the years.

careyletendre wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:02 am
xenophobic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:51 am I agree, ugly GUI's are a no no to me. Reason has the best designs simple and to the point.
I also really like the consistent artistic style in Reason across all the devices. I believe one person has designed almost all of their devices throughout the years.
Agreed, but, as much as I like the Reason aesthetic, the Mixer gets so many things wrong. It needs to be more compact, or have more compact modes. For example, let me select which sends I want visible, or, just give me a choice between the first 2 or all of them. For the EQ, let me see the knobs, or, a micro graph view in each channel. Bottom line is that the mixer is tedious unless it is on a portrait oriented monitor, IMHO at any rate.

You use more than two sends? Wow. I rarely use any.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:28 pm You use more than two sends? Wow. I rarely use any.
Not very often, but, you miss the point. I want only two sends to be shown so that things are fast to edit without having to look at all six or eight of them. That's what I mean. We don't need the full SSL hardware experience anymore because we aren't limited to only one high end reverb that we need to put on a send. So I feel that some additional compromise with respect to the actual hardware would improve the U/I.

Studio One creates sends on demand. You can have from 0 to infinity.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:47 pm Studio One creates sends on demand. You can have from 0 to infinity.
Sure, so do most other DAWs, Studio One is not Reason. There is really something unique about working with Reason that I don't get with anything else. Keep in mind that it is not my primary DAW, but when I want to work in a certain way, I prefer it to anything else.

This all reminds me of the maker of the Poly-Ana plugin got banned from KVR
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:04 pm This all reminds me of the maker of the Poly-Ana plugin got banned from KVR
they take ugly plugins very seriously!

ghettosynth wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:52 pm There is really something unique about working with Reason that I don't get with anything else.
Completely agree. Been using it since v3.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:59 am Agreed, but, as much as I like the Reason aesthetic, the Mixer gets so many things wrong. It needs to be more compact, or have more compact modes.
I agree but at least you can collapse the mixer and show each section separately.

Mixer_Collapse.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”