Week 6 of Free Weekly Drum Loops : OUT NOW!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi Everyone, I'm currently working on a much larger instrument library (it's a wayyyy off!) so I thought I'd release free loops in the meantime, as they're fun to make - demonstrating the instruments/libraries I'd made, or in the case of this week a friend leant me some mics to try and I thought I'd record some drums. We're currently up to week 6 - all royalty free & available signing up to the mailing list here:

www.majetone.com (www.majetone.com)

I can’t really play loud drums in my house, so I quite enjoy the challenge of playing as quietly as possible and setting up weird little kits.

This one features:

18” Bass drum,
10” Pearl Snare,
Massive Tambourine Thing,
14” Vistalite Snare,
13x9” Gretsch Snare/Tom…

there’s also some superball in there as a kind of sneak peek of what’s to come (current code word: Zenith - that’s all I’m saying!).

The mics in question were the Slate ML2’s - I’m sceptical of all that stuff but I love that I can put them wherever - I’m probably not going to put a fet47 2” from the kick batter head, but that’s what I did here - or at least the model of - Inside the kick. I don’t care how much it sounds like a this or a that mic, I think they sound good.

Anyway, love em.

Also an Xaudia reslo ribbon 3 ft back and a cad m179 in omni in the other room (some crazy low end build up that was really pleasing!)… And then a bunch of processing after the fact.

All in all, it was a fun afternoon of fiddling and fettling, I hope that comes across.

Have a great weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CDi4izDPoE

Return to “Soundware”