RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1
SLiC
KVRAF
8896 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri May 27, 2022 11:57 am

skiltrip wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 am
SLiC wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:59 am The worst thing is I have about 25 instruments download from the random smattering I have already- I'll have to make a list of what I don't have I think as the list of options includes the ones I already own...hate to make a mistake and register the same one twice!
Make a nerdy spreadsheet like me.
https://i.imgur.com/F9PUs51.png
Genius!
PC + S49, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

glokraw
KVRAF
8532 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Fri May 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:32 am The problem is if you don't have every one of the instruments used in a Mulit then it won't sound as intended which kind of makes a Multi pointless.
Not completely pointless. My JV-1080 also has four sound layers, and I often find something nicer, by eliminating a layer(s) that obscured what attracted me to the sound in the first place.

I wouldn't assume IK Multis with 3 or 4 layers, would automatically by lousy or useless, just because one removes sounds of little or no interest. At which point the buyer can add back sounds they like better, to make a preferred new multi.

And creating myriad new multi's really is a main selling point of the new Syntronik 2 editing capabilities :hyper:
My instrumental music is now on Spotify, Youtube, a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlOOPh ... 8-_TqqZ7ij
Franklin Cheney (except on April 15th)

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2527 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Syntronic sequencer question:
If I make a sequence in the Player, will the sequence be kept if I change preset?
eg can I test sequence loops against different presets?
Member 12, Studio One 5, Avenger + 25 xps, Syntronik, Kontakt, Arturia, Baby Audio, Izotope, CableGuys, Atom SQ

skiltrip
KVRist
144 posts since 24 Nov, 2010 from New York

Post Fri May 27, 2022 1:07 pm

kevvvvv wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm Syntronic sequencer question:
If I make a sequence in the Player, will the sequence be kept if I change preset?
eg can I test sequence loops against different presets?
Yes. If you click the Lock icon the Arpeggio you have loaded/created stays when switching presets. You can also save your Arpeggios for later use and can load them up whenever.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
7658 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm

jdoo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 am Here is where I am a little puzzled. The multis only work, if you have both / all the instruments that are contained in the four swimlanes referenced in a multi. Why not make all the multis available to the folks on the group buy now? Why hold hostage for getting another 429 (as of right now) people to join the group buy over the next four days? Releasing the multis to the group buy participants now... would give all the participants access to those multis.. which have instruments they have purchased. No? I understand the carrot / stick thing. The 'carrot' here, is lost on those of us who are already participants in the group buy. So.. (and sorry for the long-winded whine)... Release the multis. Put them out there for group buy participants. We're already at 29 / 33 instruments. So... odds are, the majority of folks would benefit from these. It might also attract folks sitting on the sidelines, to join..

Joe (piling on to what SLiC said above) :)
The idea of the group buy is to get to the highest tier. We've stated on the group buy page from the go "That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!" and if we didn't add the multis that would be not so cool. So a few of us here made sure that was the case. If you don't get to 3,000 participants you won't have the equivalent of Syntronik 2 MAX, so the multis are another part of that incentive.

So it is part of the end game / completion aspect of hitting a goal. I know you feel that's a "carrot/stick" but the idea of a group buy is to get more people to participate so people get the most out of it and this is the intent behind getting to all 33 synths and the multis. If we were giving things out early for participation we'd just give you all the synths now.

Teksonik
KVRAF
Topic Starter
17241 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri May 27, 2022 3:02 pm

glokraw wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:38 pmI wouldn't assume IK Multis with 3 or 4 layers, would automatically by lousy or useless, just because one removes sounds of little or no interest.
That's the point. If you're missing an instrument you'll never know if that layer is of "little or no interest" or the main backbone of the sound.

It's not about the sound becoming useless because again you have no idea what is missing but it's about the Multi's not sounding as the designer intended.
glokraw wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:38 pmAnd creating myriad new multi's really is a main selling point of the new Syntronik 2 editing capabilities :hyper:
That's the main reason I bought version 2, so I can make my own Multis since I've already done a ton of them for version 1.

But again if I release a multi I want whoever downloads it to hear it just the way I designed it.

I don't want them thinking "what a lame sound" just because they don't have one of the instruments installed that is responsible for a critical part of the sound.

Of course then the user is free to change the sound any way they want but I want them to hear it as I designed first. :wink:

I don't have much interest in the additional factory Multis but I'll check them out if and when we hit the max level of the GB.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

skiltrip
KVRist
144 posts since 24 Nov, 2010 from New York

Post Fri May 27, 2022 3:22 pm

I could use one of those killer little graphs right now showing projection, pace, etc, now that things have picked up again.

Teksonik
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Fri May 27, 2022 3:54 pm

I'd swear it was 80 to the next level just a few hours ago and now it's at 25.

I think as the deadline nears more will jump in since people hate to miss a bargain..... :hihi:

If I were a betting man....and I am....I'd bet it hits the max. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jdoo
KVRian
632 posts since 23 Dec, 2011

Post Fri May 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm The idea of the group buy is to get to the highest tier. We've stated on the group buy page from the go "That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!" and if we didn't add the multis that would be not so cool. So a few of us here made sure that was the case. If you don't get to 3,000 participants you won't have the equivalent of Syntronik 2 MAX, so the multis are another part of that incentive.

So it is part of the end game / completion aspect of hitting a goal. I know you feel that's a "carrot/stick" but the idea of a group buy is to get more people to participate so people get the most out of it and this is the intent behind getting to all 33 synths and the multis. If we were giving things out early for participation we'd just give you all the synths now.
That's all fine, Peter. I'm appreciative of the price. For sure. I don't understand how making the multis available now - would somehow? be equated to giving us all the synths? That's part of the 'incentive' (carrot) I suppose. The synths we havent picked up, wouldnt work in the multis. OTOH - your support folks would probably get flooded with calls from folks who don't understand that, and expect them to work nonetheless. :hihi: It's all good, m8. Like I said - i appreciate the pricing for this, and am definitely constructing patches/multis that I will use.

While I have the mic. Thank you for the spreadsheet idea above @skiltrip. I have something similar. I'm keeping tabs on diskspace for each instrument too (incase I need to cull some of the instruments out later).

trusampler
KVRAF
1512 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 pm

When working in a Multi, I try to edit,but keep getting the message - the edit panel is unavailable for syntronik 1 legacy presets?

Is there a step I'm missing here?
Cpu:Win10/Intel Core i9-10900K
Interface:Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/UA Apollo Rack/SSL UF8+UC1
Synths: Sequential Prophet 10/Roland Juno 106+Juno X/Roland Fantom7/Deepmind 12/Korg OPsix/Akai Mpc

glokraw
KVRAF
8532 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Fri May 27, 2022 11:02 pm

Read the page two of this topic, where there is an explanation.
Cheers
My instrumental music is now on Spotify, Youtube, a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlOOPh ... 8-_TqqZ7ij
Franklin Cheney (except on April 15th)

Flip64
KVRist
58 posts since 29 Dec, 2007

Post Sat May 28, 2022 12:54 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm The idea of the group buy is to get to the highest tier. We've stated on the group buy page from the go "That means you could get Syntronik 2 MAX with all 33 Syntronik Synths for the price of 1 single Synth!" and if we didn't add the multis that would be not so cool. So a few of us here made sure that was the case. If you don't get to 3,000 participants you won't have the equivalent of Syntronik 2 MAX, so the multis are another part of that incentive.

Ultimately you will never ever please everyone. That's the internet for you. :wink: For what it's worth, it seems a very generous idea. As are the multibuys.

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2527 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Sat May 28, 2022 4:09 am

97 to go!!!
Member 12, Studio One 5, Avenger + 25 xps, Syntronik, Kontakt, Arturia, Baby Audio, Izotope, CableGuys, Atom SQ

Teksonik
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Sat May 28, 2022 4:22 am

Oh yea we got this....97 more with three days to go. :tu:

SLiC
KVRAF
8896 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sat May 28, 2022 5:00 am

I wonder if IK had just advertised (or advertise now) 'Syntronik 2 MAX' for $49 they would have sold even more!
PC + S49, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

Return to “Instruments”