Tal Drum- Slicing page

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy to have bought this excellent plug in. Still learning it, but-
First impressions in the slicing page ( I'm a big slicing freak):

The auto slicing algorithm could be more refined. It feels like Reaper's slicing (would prefer it feel like Recycle). When it finds obvious transients it appears to put the slice markers quite a way before the hits, and the size parameter ends up taking away or adding too many. I don't know what Propheads did, but that recycle algo is still the best after 25 years.

When i click to play a slice, it plays to the end of the file. This is not desirable, or at least give the choice to play the actual slice.

Would like to see crossfade looping options on the end of slices in the Slicing page. (aka stretch in Recycle, New Sonic Arts Vice slicer does this too). I know you can loop once it's sliced, but it's impractical to do it for all pads separately on a 2 bar loop for example.

It would be great to have pad names sent to the piano roll. Image Line Slicex seems to do it in Reaper. Or at least it sends the slice marker number. Both would be good.

With these issues addressed, I can't think of what could beat Tal drum.

Please send your comments to Patrick.
I echo what you say, I think the slicing part is the weakest link in it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for the requests and feedback. I made a note about it. I will have a closer look at it.
TAL Software GmbH
https://tal-software.com/

I can't seem to move loop start and end in slice view. It defaults to the start and end of the entire sample. Is this a bug?

Return to “TAL Software”