CLAP... thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:37 pmi knew when i saw you in your pants you were special :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hopefully, life and pandemics permitting, i shall see you next superbooth too :D
That would be awesome! :hug:

Look, Google figured it out already.

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:00 pm (he only needs to reposition his mic or realise how sensitive it is to his every move :))
rsp
If I was in my studio location I would have had a better mic but I was at my dev location for this demo. Sorry about that. I almost moved a good mic over. Should have!

Glad you enjoyed it tho!

Urs wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:32 pm Look, Google figured it out already.
The miracle that is SEO :D

baconpaul wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:34 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:00 pm (he only needs to reposition his mic or realise how sensitive it is to his every move :))
rsp
If I was in my studio location I would have had a better mic but I was at my dev location for this demo. Sorry about that. I almost moved a good mic over. Should have!

Glad you enjoyed it tho!
Are you disowning the Banjo? :)
oh the mic was fine when you were speaking I guess it was just a bit too sensitive otherwise..
But great presentation.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:41 pm
baconpaul wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:34 pm
rsp

Glad you enjoyed it tho!
Are you disowning the Banjo? :)
oh the mic was fine when you were speaking I guess it was just a bit too sensitive otherwise..
But great presentation.

rsp
oh no i love that banjo!

:)...

rsp
sound sculptist

Trancit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:17 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 am logic lets you give 'custom names' to your plugins, so you can name them whatever you want, and that's how they'll show up in a channel strip.
And how do they appear in the list where you load the plugins??
I don´t want to rename a single instance... I want to rename it right from the start to have all instances automatically having my custom name...
Yes, that's how it works. Logic has a "Plugin Manager" window where you can add plugins to folders, and also add a "Custom Name" and "Short Name" for any plugin. It will always appear as your custom name in lists, and the short name in the mixer.
Stormchild

Urs wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:32 pm Look, Google figured it out already.
Wow
That reminds me of the time I was searching for a vst plugin with a name that could have been referencing something different so I typed the word plugin after it and found what I was looking for

I know. It's a boring story
Sorry
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

At u-he, we have a lot of experience with unsearchable product names. We prefer "Diva" and "Zebra" over "MNX-27" and such, and adding "u-he" or "plugin" yields great search results.

Apologies if this has been answered in a different thread, but will CLAP be able to extend polyphonic modulation to distinct audio processors such like filters?

To the layman, it seems obvious why it works in a sound generator context, but it's more interesting to me from an audio plugin context.

Thanks

"Polyphonic" requires a concept of voices. Effects plug-ins without a voice concept still benefit from "Modulation" as an alternative to "Automation" for temporary offsets to parameters.

When I explain the difference, I usually start with "how often have you automated a few parameters in a plug-in and then wondered how to get back to the original settings?", and pretty much every time it's immediately clear what this means.

For instance, I presume that plug-ins with A/B functionality benefit greatly from this. As a parameter can still be changed while it is modulated, one can still A/B settings during playback, without affecting either the setting or the automationmodulation curve.

Sure, I get that part.

I'm already a Bitwig user who uses modulators quite regularly, so I guess my question is more aimed at the idea of something like a slow envelope on a low-pass filter.

Would a CLAP filter be able to provide (what I assume are) multiple instances of itself to handle each audio event individually or would they run like filters do now and deal with audio as one?

I wouldn't assume that they'd magically get per "voice" modulation given the context, but I thought I'd ask.

shaboogen wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:13 am I'm already a Bitwig user who uses modulators quite regularly, so I guess my question is more aimed at the idea of something like a slow envelope on a low-pass filter.

Would a CLAP filter be able to provide (what I assume are) multiple instances of itself to handle each audio event individually or would they run like filters do now and deal with audio as one?

I wouldn't assume that they'd magically get per "voice" modulation given the context, but I thought I'd ask.
You could have multiple instances of the filter, but they'd all receive the same audio. There's no way for them to know which audio belongs to which voice.

Bitwig's built-in filters don't support polyphonic modulation either (except for in the FX Grid).

Would be nice if there were some kind of open source DAW standard like browser standard (Chromium) so you could fundamentally transfer the same project in different DAWS but that's never going to happen. :hihi:
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”