Audiority releases Chorus Ensembler - Vintage BBD Chorus / Vibrato Plugin - Intro Price

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Chorus Ensembler
Audiority
KVRian
Topic Starter
1159 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from Italy

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 am

We are happy to announce to you our new release: Chorus Ensembler

The Chorus Ensembler is a faithful simulation of the Boss® CE-1™, a mid 70’s BBD chorus and vibrato pedal.

This is the first product Roland® marketed as Boss®, becoming one of the most sought after pedals thanks to its warm and organic character.

Compared to the classic version where, in stereo mode, the chorus is split between dry (left channel) and wet (right channel), our Chorus Ensembler goes further by providing a STEREO switch allowing full chorus on both channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umy2j_hmS7c

Specifications
  • BBD Analog Chorus/Vibrato simulation
  • Chorus Intensity
  • Vibrato Rate and Depth
  • Input Impedance
  • Preamp only/Effect operative modes
  • Tempo Sync
  • Classic or Full Stereo modes
  • Stereo Spread
  • Pre and Post effect gain
  • Mix control
  • Resizable interface
Intro Price: €29/$29 (until July 5th. Regular price is €49/$49)

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/chorus-ensembler/

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:06 am

A PERSONAL NOTE:
I spent a lot of time dealing with this nasty baby here. The original unit saturates VERY quickly and I found the same behavior in our plugin. I understand that some users might not want that, so I implemented a VINTAGE mode button. Keep this ON if you want the original saturation, or OFF to have less saturation.

Cheers,
Luca

stuman
KVRist
173 posts since 27 Apr, 2005 from ATL

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:54 am

Instant buy for me!
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

plexuss
KVRAF
4972 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:14 am

Yep... the Chorus Ensemble was a sensitive beast. Ultimately I sold mine in around 1984 because of this exact issue - i could never get decent gain through it without distortion, which I didn't want. But then... the noise when I gain staged the output! But great chrous sound - very nice to have as a digital tool now!

Unaspected
KVRAF
2858 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:27 am

I wasn't expecting this.

A little sound issued from my mouth when I just checked my email. Had to come here to say.

Will definitely acquire!

Thank you for providing both an authentic saturating mode and a clean mod!

These are good times. 8)

jamcat
KVRAF
2274 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:52 pm

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Audiority
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:17 pm

Let's start with A/B videos :D

This one has been shot a couple of days before the final release. The only difference is that the VINTAGE button is missing, so consider this as VINTAGE mode ON.

https://youtu.be/rPJgZpZYu00

In this video you can see a comparison between the original stereo mode of the plugin against the real hardware.

Enjoy!
Luca

Halonmusic
KVRAF
7951 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:04 am

sounds really good!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

pough
KVRAF
3659 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:15 pm

When it's set to mono the effect is extremely subtle. I can barely tell that it's on. Is it supposed to be like that?

UPDATE: Looks like it might be a host-specific issue. And only the most recent version of it. Weird.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Audiority
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:31 pm

What host are you using? Mac or PC?

pough
KVRAF

Post Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Waveform PRO 12.0.54 on a PC. And that's the only DAW (tested also in Reaper and even EXT64) and version that has a problem (WF11 is fine) for me. There is no difference between normal and effect - as though it's always set to normal - when the stereo setting is turned off. High/low and input level do affect the sound, so it's not a total bypass. I thought it might be a VST3 issue because VST3 often has issues, but it's also happening in the VST2 version of the plugin.

My guess is you can probably ignore it unless you get a lot more customers also using Waveform 12. I can just use stereo mode. The next update for WF12 might solve the problem.

UPDATE: After further testing, it appears to be dependent on the plugin after Chorus Ensembler, not the DAW. Even in Reaper if I add Voxengo Boogex after Chorus Ensembler, I get the problem. I can even have the problem come and go if I toggle the "Amp" section in Boogex. Other problem plugins: Swanky Amp Pro, Guitar Rig 4, Lancaster and Vermillion. Other amp sims I've tried are fine (eg. Chandler GAV19T, F-59, Swanky Amp free version...)
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Audiority
KVRian
Topic Starter

Post Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 am

mmm from what I understand, it looks like some amp sims are just taking the left channel. Remember that when STEREO is off, the plugin simulates the original stereo output (dry signal on the left, wet signal on the right). If an ampsim is processing just one channel or summing the two, you can get a different result. In that case, it's better to set the Chorus with STEREO on.

Also note that NORMAL is not pure dry, but is the pedal's dry. The signal is still affected by the preamp and output section.

Cheers,
Luca

pough
KVRAF

Post Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:18 am

A-ha! That makes a lot of sense. Some of those amp sims allow you to choose the inputs and in any case I can use a patch bay plugin for the ones that don't. Thanks, Luca!

Return to “Effects”