How would you design a kick like this?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is short, soft, not much low end but has punch, definition and clearly audible. I have a huge library but most samples sound too bassy and no definition. I am sure mixing has a lot to with it too but I believe the source is already a good sound. Maybe a short 808 with saturation and eq?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwEyLhwL54

If you use an 808 you're going to need to pitch it up a bit. Not on good speakers right now, but I'd get a sine wave generator and try to match what frequency it's focused in. That'll tell you more to move forward with.

arkmabat wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 am If you use an 808 you're going to need to pitch it up a bit. Not on good speakers right now, but I'd get a sine wave generator and try to match what frequency it's focused in. That'll tell you more to move forward with.
You're right. I used 3xOSC in FL Studio (used only one oscillator) and it's just a sine wave with a Roland kick layered over it to give it some punch.

Thanks, guys
Will give it a try

Try messing with some harmonics to get that high end knock if you need it to translate to smaller speakers as well.

Return to “Production Techniques”