suggestion: offer crossgrade from Izotope Rx std & Prem to Acoustica Std & Prem.

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I along with many others, am completely fed up with Izotope and a long-time user of RX series looking to escape Izotope. I am in the process of demoing Acoustica Premium, and so far it seems the between my last rx purchase (8 full edition) and Acoustica, I could get out of that situation and have new features to boot. I know the boards here and at gearspace and other places are loaded with people who would jump at even a token crossgrade offer to make them aware of Acoustica and willing to jump the Izotope ship. I might do it at the very reasonable regular price point offered if I had not foolishly just bought into the subscription model that offers half finished "new" releases that lock you in to the subscription model with no version comptability with the stuff I bought outright. Just saying, it could be a good way to get a whole bunch of new customers. I have not had time to read all the threads here, so excuse me if this has already come up.
~Rich
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for looking into Acoustica as an alternative for iZotope RX. We do not want to engage in aggressive marketing strategies towards our competitors, and for that reason, we will not run any campaigns exclusively aimed at another brand's user group. However, we would love to see you as a customer and hope that our pricing is reasonable as it is. If you want to be informed about discounts and new products, please use the following link to subscribe to our newsletter: https://acondigital.com/subscribe-to-newsletter/

Best,
Stian

I love this company and their products!

Premium gives you excellent value for money. The plugins that come with it are great. They are my standard choice for clean mixing and part of my mastering chain.

The Mastering Suite is a ridiculously good deal for the money, excellent tools, super clean. And Equalize is absolutely awesome.

@stian, belated thnx for the response. Seems like a really ethical approach. Thnx.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

ralfrobert wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:05 am Premium gives you excellent value for money. The plugins that come with it are great. They are my standard choice for clean mixing and part of my mastering chain.
+1, also for mixing, as they have a very small CPU footprint and are a joy to use. As I said before, the tools you get with the big Acoustica version are the best bang for the buck in audio software.

Thanks for the kind words to all of you! :)

Yes, I was an RX user, found out about Acon relatively late (maybe 18 months ago?) bought it and haven't upgraded RX (or actually even used except for comparisons) since.

rsp
sound sculptist

The only thing I am missing is a low CPU channel strip for mixing made by Acon.

Just my opinion. The separate modules are fine, too, but an integrated solution would be a great time saver.

zvenx wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:03 am Yes, I was an RX user, found out about Acon relatively late (maybe 18 months ago?) bought it and haven't upgraded RX (or actually even used except for comparisons) since.

rsp
Thanks, very glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:28 am The only thing I am missing is a low CPU channel strip for mixing made by Acon.

Just my opinion. The separate modules are fine, too, but an integrated solution would be a great time saver.
Thanks for the suggestion. The market for channel strips seems very saturated already, so it would need to be different from the competition in some way. I'll think about it... :)

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. The market for channel strips seems very saturated already, so it would need to be different from the competition in some way. I'll think about it... :)

Best,
Stian
There are two things to consider:

1. Your processors are good as hell! I would definitely give it a spin.

2. They are mainly time savers (and CPU probably). Looking at the market, not all software companies take usability into account in a way it really saves time, makes life easier, is usable in nearly all scenarios. There are two around I like in particular:

- iZotope Alloy 2. What I like: tons of presets with good annotations, overview page where you can do 90% of the job, lots of functionality. Downside: It's legacy software.

- Voxengo Voxformer. You can use this thing in 90% of the cases, great saturation, everything on the front panel. And it's cheap. Downsides: Sometimes, a bit more is needed. And some things with the GUI, e.g. EQ is very small.

If you can convince these two to mate and make a baby, mutate your processor quality right in, put an Acon sticker on it and set it free, I think you are all settled.

Just my 2c. :)

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:37 pm There are two things to consider:

1. Your processors are good as hell! I would definitely give it a spin.

2. They are mainly time savers (and CPU probably). Looking at the market, not all software companies take usability into account in a way it really saves time, makes life easier, is usable in nearly all scenarios. There are two around I like in particular:

- iZotope Alloy 2. What I like: tons of presets with good annotations, overview page where you can do 90% of the job, lots of functionality. Downside: It's legacy software.

- Voxengo Voxformer. You can use this thing in 90% of the cases, great saturation, everything on the front panel. And it's cheap. Downsides: Sometimes, a bit more is needed. And some things with the GUI, e.g. EQ is very small.

If you can convince these two to mate and make a baby, mutate your processor quality right in, put an Acon sticker on it and set it free, I think you are all settled.

Just my 2c. :)
Thanks for elaborating! I'll think about this one. :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”