Realistic pitch shifter for a woodwind solo?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to turn a bass clarinet sound into a contrabass clarinet sound.

I have seen some youTube videos of pitch shifters but not entirely convinced.

Is there a pitch shifter that can shift down one octave without any artifacts?

I know there is Soundtoys Little Alterboy that from what I can hear sounds nice. Are there any other ones that I may have missed?
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

One of the best pitch shifters for me is Melda MTransformer, you can try the demo version.
Also Kilohearts Pitch Shifter works well!
You have to keep in mind that an octave is a lot!

If you want absolutely convincing pitch-shifting you would be better of using an offline process, like Melodyne or Autotune Graphical mode, if it still exists. Cubase Vari-audio is pretty good with monophonic sources, from what I understand.. your host might well have decent monophonic pitch shifting abilities already. Maybe demo Ircam TS as well.

I just find real-time pitch shifting algos always compromise on the sound (blocky, blurry, unsteady..), so I only use them when I absolutely have to.. but that's just me.

yeah, offline tends to be best for these things..i still use Mammut quite a bit for repitching breaks when i don't want that cheesy formant shift sound you get from simply transposing in a DAW and it keeps the transients intact(looking at you Zplane...).i dunno if it's still available or not as i've always had a back up
I

Play it double the speed then slow it down.

I would need to preserve formants to keep the crisp sound. I will check out the Ircam option.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Return to “Effects”