Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

I'd say considering the complexity it offers, Zeebs definitely is pretty easy to go around compared to a lot of other complex synths. Left side generators, right side modulators, routing in the middle, additiona stuff on the bottom. Really not that difficult to grasp :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 am I'd say considering the complexity it offers, Zeebs definitely is pretty easy to go around compared to a lot of other complex synths. Left side generators, right side modulators, routing in the middle, additiona stuff on the bottom. Really not that difficult to grasp :)
Like I said, I'm dumb like that. If it feels difficult somehow I move on :party:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 am considering the complexity it offers, Zeebs definitely is pretty easy to go around
No its not

:?

All u-he synths have that kind of weird way of doing stuff which are not 'on your face'.

Ohohoh!
A heretic among us!
Beware!

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:33 pm All u-he synths have that kind of weird way of doing stuff which are not 'on your face'.
Well described. It's not my cup of tea as well.

Sorry!!! I didn't mean to.

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:47 pm Sorry!!! I didn't mean to.
:hug:

sQeetz wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:33 pm All u-he synths have that kind of weird way of doing stuff which are not 'on your face'.
I also don't find the uhe synths that intuitive either. of course some parts are, but there are always a few bits that puzzle me. The hive layout just takes a bit of getting used to i.e. the osc and filter routing being spread on both sides of the screen still makes me pause for a split second.

Mind you Massive X is also a bit unintuitive in the oscs, but I guess it's oscs are quite deep.

IMO, you buy Massive X or synths like Bazille for the sound quality not really for the easy workflow or design.
But for example, I bought Phase Plant for both the easier design (it is similar to Zebra but more intuitive). Icarus also has an easy to understand design and a very good quality sound. So I prefer those if I want to start from scratch.

For most bread and butter sounds that I make myself, I tend to use a less complicated synths but with high quality sound like Dune, the Legend, Saurus ...etc. I would use Diva or Repro but I don't have them. I leave Massive X and other complex synths for complex sounds that usually I just tweak a little bit here and there, but don't design them from scratch.

Massive X is the only NI installed in my PC because it is the only one can be looked at with 4k monitor!

EnGee wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:33 am IMO, you buy Massive X or synths like Bazille for the sound quality not really for the easy workflow or design.
But for example, I bought Phase Plant for both the easier design (it is similar to Zebra but more intuitive). Icarus also has an easy to understand design and a very good quality sound. So I prefer those if I want to start from scratch.
Well Massive X isn't too complicated, it's really that it has a lot of different options, some of them a bit different and unintuitive. The oscs is one, the other are all the unison options. I think in both cases it comes down to having to go through all the options and work everything out.

I mean Massive X oscs, scans wavetables several ways, lots of modes, has phase modulation. Just so many options, I guess it's hard to make those parts intuitive.

And I recently wanted to make a sound and to fix note pitch and add keytracking to some parameters. Massive X was actually really simple for this.

(I also made the patch in Ace and Bazille and both were far less intuitive for fixing pitch and had, to my knowledge, much less flexible key tracking. Bazille sounded great though).

I think partly my take on Massive X is because the OG Massive, to me, still has one of the best and most intuitive interfaces of all. And it had an extra osc and an extra filter.

Not sure if we mean the same thing, but, I always found that they cater more to the "geek" crowd. Maybe except for Hive, which is a different concept, and more of an "oddball" exception in their portfolio.

_leras wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:47 am Well Massive X isn't too complicated, it's really that it has a lot of different options, some of them a bit different and unintuitive. The oscs is one, the other are all the unison options. I think in both cases it comes down to having to go through all the options and work everything out.

I mean Massive X oscs, scans wavetables several ways, lots of modes, has phase modulation. Just so many options, I guess it's hard to make those parts intuitive.

And I recently wanted to make a sound and to fix note pitch and add keytracking to some parameters. Massive X was actually really simple for this.

(I also made the patch in Ace and Bazille and both were far less intuitive for fixing pitch and had, to my knowledge, much less flexible key tracking. Bazille sounded great though).

I think partly my take on Massive X is because the OG Massive, to me, still has one of the best and most intuitive interfaces of all. And it had an extra osc and an extra filter.
I haven't spent a lot of time with Massive X. Maybe if I did, I would see it differently now. I can know my way but I need to concentrate more than in other synths (like Pigments or Icarus).

The main problem with Massive X is it developed by NI! Seeing the development of synths like Pigments and Icarus I feel more comfortable for their future enhancements. I don't know, I think it is not easy to build trust with your clients. NI has lost my trust and that makes me using their products less (exactly the opposite feeling 10 years ago!). Companies must realize that building trust with their users is an essential part of their success, but this seems old fashion now!

I can add key tracking easily in the matrix of Icarus, how do you do that in Massive X? I see key tracking in the filter, but I don't know how to add it to other parameters! I mean these things that make it more difficult to guess than other synths. I need to read the manual.

EnGee wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 am I can add key tracking easily in the matrix of Icarus, how do you do that in Massive X?
T1, T2, T3 and T4 modulators can be set to keytrack.

Return to “Instruments”