CLAP... thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Image Image Image Image

As long as my Windows projects with Clap plugins open on my Mac and those Clap plugins recall settings (and vice versa), then I don’t see a problem.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:30 pm How about renaming it to CRAP?
That thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=583507&start=30

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:31 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:30 pm How about renaming it to CRAP?
That thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=583507&start=30
I told him that in a warning, he posted there then decided to post again here...suspended 30days...I am deadly serious about these threads...please continue the reports everyone, we will keep the trolls out of these threads :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Why not create a dedicated CLAP forum section, so CLAP threads can go there, instead of having multiple threads spread all across different parts of KVR ? Surely that would provide a communication platform for developers to discuss things in a more co-ordinated way that they can find and without disrupting other forums.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:21 pm Why not create a dedicated CLAP forum section, so CLAP threads can go there, instead of having multiple threads spread all across different parts of KVR ? Surely that would provide a communication platform for developers to discuss things in a more co-ordinated way that they can find and without disrupting other forums.
overkill? it's not like there's a vst2 forum, a vst3 forum, an au forum, an aax forum. seems threads can focus on a subject relative to the sub-forum they're posted on (because, as we all know, kvr'rs are a focused, reasonable, rational group)... :D

I don't see any disruption apart from the ongoing OTs...

fisherKing wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:52 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:21 pm Why not create a dedicated CLAP forum section, so CLAP threads can go there, instead of having multiple threads spread all across different parts of KVR ? Surely that would provide a communication platform for developers to discuss things in a more co-ordinated way that they can find and without disrupting other forums.
overkill? it's not like there's a vst2 forum, a vst3 forum, an au forum, an aax forum. seems threads can focus on a subject relative to the sub-forum they're posted on (because, as we all know, kvr'rs are a focused, reasonable, rational group)... :D
Bit premature, for sure. Disrupting other forums, how? Surely not everyone sees this topic as a disruption to the important conversations that occur on this site, otherwise. Clap has a major impact on all the topics a thread has been started for it within, so far.

wilkins_micawber wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:52 pm
Bit premature, for sure. Disrupting other forums, how? Surely not everyone sees this topic as a disruption to the important conversations that occur on this site, otherwise. Clap has a major impact on all the topics a thread has been started for it within, so far.
I'm not going to lie, I'll go with the flow and what it seems people want. If Urs wishes he definitely knows how to reach us :hihi: and it's quite likely I would advocate for his wishes in this case :tu:

(it's not in my capability to create a forum)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

if you weeded out some of the OT nonsense (some of which is, cough, mine)... this is a pretty amazing thread. lots of thoughtful posts, useful info, discussion. maybe ppl here (including myself) can simply keep it on topic :tu:

not overnight but I'll work on it, it's fairly time consuming and a little cumbersome :tu:

Hehehe, I don't think we need a dedicated forum for CLAP. We had magnificent start, and that caused all sorts of excitement. I surely had hoped that one thread was enough and that there would have been some more structure in the conversation. But indeed, it touches on so many topics... it'll get calmer...

Urs wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:50 pm Hehehe, I don't think we need a dedicated forum for CLAP. We had magnificent start, and that caused all sorts of excitement. I surely had hoped that one thread was enough and that there would have been some more structure in the conversation. But indeed, it touches on so many topics... it'll get calmer...
yup, once we got past the "youll never destroy vst" business, which isnt the intent, its to offer an alternative, its been mostly positive.
for lets be honest, what is quite a boring release, compared to a new unseen before synth or effect, it has also drawn much interest, from a user perspective, perhaps not other developers obviously.

as more details are known and understood by those of us outside of the programmers, im sure it will pick up and definitely once a few more hosts are on board and up and running, at present, its not so easy to see the benefits for users, if we dont use bitwig.
obviously, patience is key now for those of us eager to jump in :hihi:

Maybe make it a sticky thread would help a little further :D

fisherKing wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:52 pm Why not create a dedicated CLAP forum section, so CLAP threads can go there, instead of having multiple threads spread all across different parts of KVR ?
overkill? it's not like there's a vst2 forum, a vst3 forum, an au forum, an aax forum. s
Perhaps not a forum section for CLAP alone (that may be a bit too specific for a whole section of its own) but one for "Plugin Formats" where then also all the VST2/3, CAT, etc. discussions could be collected? Might still be too specific, though. Maybe one about "Communication Protocols" or "Infrastructure" under which then also things like MIDI, OSC, NKS etc. would fall. But there's also already the "Computer Setup..." section which would presumably overlap a lot with such a thing. :neutral: :shrug:
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Return to “Instruments”